What's new

Official: Pakistan puts purchase of Mi-35 and Mi-28 helicopters 'on hold'

They should definitely buy Mi-35 for their backup.. U.S can impose any sanction related to new cobra in future.. Can't trust them.

We do have Russian helicopters in quite a large number flying with Pakistan Army so Russian platform is not entirely alien to us.

However I m not making my point for or against the purchase of 1Z, just trying to put the context to your point. :)

Well yes, we have been flying the Mi-17s for while now but our experience with the Cobras has been outstanding though I agree that the Mi-35 is a niche COIN machine that we would benefit a lot from having.

So we should ask the Russians about how does it feel to get rejected by a country like pakistan :rofl:
What do you mean by country like pakistan? I know you indians love to show your frustration in different ways but such words of wisdom originated from your mom,s basement does not promote healthy environment on PDF.

But we still need MI-35.
They may still be on the the table, only havoc should have been put on hold.
I suspect Vipers and Z-10s .. Sounds logical.
If we buy the ah-1z's then they will either sever as a stop gap till we start manufacturing the z-10 or we will have a hi-low mix of them. Either way win-win situation.

Americans are masters of treachery, they cleared the Zulus for sale only when Russia cleared the sale of MI35 to Pakistan and China sent its attack helos for evaluation. A desperate attempt on US's part to keep Pakistan engaged and addicted to discounted military armament.

They did not clear the sale out of love or to support our efforts in WOT, which have been going on for over a decade now.
It's now our choice to either fall for 15 Zulu's with a million restrictions and no guarantee of spares in the future, or honour the new friendship being shown by Russia. It is Russian engines which fly our Thunders, US did not provide any parts for that. US refused Turkish helo sale to Pakistan.

US is fast becoming irrelevant in the new world. Pakistan should develop friendships in the neighbourhood with Russia and China. 15 Zulus is just 15 Zulus, they me be the best in the world, but we probably don't need that high tech to fight Taliban and 15 does not add any thing against india. It would make more tactical sense to go with Russian multi purpose MI-35 and Chinese WZ-10 as light attack helos. Acquiring Chinese helos would add local assembly and maintenance capability, provide independence and no restriction on supply of spares.

Acquiring Russian helos is not limited to just that, that will help build relationship and may provide additional source for future growth and expansion of thunder armaments and sub systems.

Indians will never play for Us as Pakistan did, Indians are way more smarter than that. They will keep their relationship with Russia, West and milk US. We should not be afraid of US india relationship. We should just stop being America's bitch, sacrifise limited, conditional petty aid and build long last relationships based on regional interest.

America is desperate they know they are fast loosing influence in the region and China is starting to spread its wings and they need to maintain their influence in the region and they will not let Pakistan slip from their hands so easily, and that is what we need to understand and capitalize on.

Not really. Pakistan has options now, so it will test every choice it has before deciding. I still expect the Mi-35 to end up in Pakistan.
Hello Analysts
I really can't believe that Pakistan can ever refuse Russia on this helicopter deal after so many times she tested us friendship and especially we were all made to be believed that mi35 is a real need of PA and that there is no other better than this option and that there is going to be a new chapter of relations being opened with Russia then why all of a sudden MI35 is rejected.
Can't pak keep relations with all like India
That is not a wise decision in fact
Is pak doing it purposely so that Russia can pitch its top of the line help instead

I know that fact... But the deal.. When and if it is signed.. It will create lot of splash in the media...won't be a hush hush affair . As of now Pakistan does not have HQ-9 .

It was deployed near the Lahore Sector Post Mumbai Attacks :coffee:, it has been in service for quite some time now.

* Greater remaining service life.
* Platform familiarity.
* Existing overhaul and service structures.

You don't just buy the helicopter. Its the entire package.

Sir when will get those 15 Ah-1Z ?? in 66 months ? i guess we need it on urgent bases to fight TTP and BLA no ?

It is the best time to cozy up with Russians as the moment they feel betrayed by India for Rafale deal and Russians should avenge this.

But we still need MI-35.
But how will we pay for that? Freebies Zindabad!!!

It is the best time to cozy up with Russians as the moment they feel betrayed by India for Rafale deal and Russians should avenge this.
Russian card is losing its shine as China has risen to contest the status of Russia, India is herself moving into western camp seeing the benifits and a greater global role. Russian Chipps are looking pretty much down. An ailing economy,a curtailed global role, a stand off against US and Europe. Allying with Russia offera little benifits to Pakistan.

Given the fact that the Zulus will take time to arrive, do you gentlemen think PA will sit on it's behind and do nothing?
Irrespective of whats floating in the media, what platforms do you think will be inducted happen in the short and medium term?

@Xeric @Horus @Windjammer @fatman17

Hello Analysts
I really can't believe that Pakistan can ever refuse Russia on this helicopter deal after so many times she tested us friendship and especially we were all made to be believed that mi35 is a real need of PA and that there is no other better than this option and that there is going to be a new chapter of relations being opened with Russia then why all of a sudden MI35 is rejected.
Can't pak keep relations with all like India
That is not a wise decision in fact
Is pak doing it purposely so that Russia can pitch its top of the line help instead
The biggest issue comes with financing. Pakistan will probably get the Mi-35, but it was never meant for the army, it was meant for the anti-narcotics force. Right now, Pakistan's priority is the PAA, not the anti-narcotics force, which is why it has been postponed.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom