What's new

Official: Pakistan puts purchase of Mi-35 and Mi-28 helicopters 'on hold'

AH-1Z will be a new build helicopter. I dont think Americans will let Pakistan do much beyond basic maintenance.

there will be a very strict US control and may be auditing too. Although its a great piece of technology but it comes with a lot of price that cant be estimated in dollars.

The Pakistani official who spoke to IHS Jane's on 8 April said discussions with Russia for the purchase of Mi-35 and Mi-28 helicopters "are now on hold but not cancelled" without elaborating further.

This is Bull Shit if true. Russians irked Indians (one of their largest defence partners) on this one. If we back out now, we will be morons of the highest order. We need to step in the Russian defence market. Its serves us strategically even if we actually dont need them or Just because Zulus are now available.

I cant believe we are actually committing this blunder once again. :tsk:

Another stupid decision of Defence Ministry. We need 100+ attack helicopters and Mi-35 'Hind' attack helicopters from Russia are also excellent choice. Why can't we have 3 types of attack helicopters and we need to develop relations with Russia and diversify our purchases.

AH-1Z will be a new build helicopter. I dont think Americans will let Pakistan do much beyond basic maintenance.

there will be a very strict US control and may be auditing too. Although its a great piece of technology but it comes with a lot of price that cant be estimated in dollars.
The roles regarding oversight and control is part of any sale. We have not done yourselves any favours either so blaming the US solely is not right. I think this news might be a plant and as such should wait a little while for things to be co confirmed. The Z10 may not be ready and 15 units delivered after 66 months is still a long time away whether the Russians could deliver on time is something we dont know. I think that the earlier thiñki g of 3 platforms for PAA may yet happen.
Araz

No, you don't.

Yes we do. It was also displayed during the recent parade, will try to find a picture.
@Stealth do you have a picture of the HQ-9? It was a single unit leading the the HQ-7 system.

Last edited:
Since both the helicopters are always under the umbrella of sanctions, I think its a wise choice to choose AH-1Z over Mi-35, we have tons of experience with it. Who knows in future when India is buying 5th gen air-crafts from Russia they might refuse to provide us spares. It would be wise that Pakistan uses this opportunity and get something more out of this deal wit US. May be a squadron of block 52?
However I would wish that this does not effect Mi-28 deal. And those WZ-10 are just for testing purpose.

Russians irked Indians (one of their largest defence partners) on this one.
It was Indians who irked Russians when they rejected Mig-35 in MMRCA contract.

It was Indians who irked Russians when they rejected Mig-35 in MMRCA contract.

MMRCA was just one deal. Indians have other projects worth billions going on with them.

i wish Pakistan still goes on with the buying of Russian helicopters

Another stupid decision of Defence Ministry. We need 100+ attack helicopters and Mi-35 'Hind' attack helicopters from Russia are also excellent choice. Why can't we have 3 types of attack helicopters and we need to develop relations with Russia and diversify our purchases.

* Greater remaining service life.
* Platform familiarity.
* Existing overhaul and service structures.

You don't just buy the helicopter. Its the entire package.

Back
Top Bottom