What's new

Official: Pakistan puts purchase of Mi-35 and Mi-28 helicopters 'on hold'

Not urgent but as soon as possible. The existing fleet is holding the fort well but we need a much needed numbers boost.

If i am not wrong a Squadron of Attack Helicopter is same a Fighter plane right ? consist of 18 units .. ?
15 units ..............will they be able to hold and cover the entire FATA area ?
i guess PA buying Mil-35's for BLA ..
Right now the PA seems confused ..

If i am not wrong a Squadron of Attack Helicopter is same a Fighter plane right ? consist of 18 units .. ?
15 units ..............will they be able to hold and cover the entire FATA area ?
i guess PA buying Mil-35's for BLA ..
Right now the PA seems confused ..

The squadron make up is about the same but helis can land pretty much anywhere, refuel and be off which means they can fly greater number of sorties and not be bound to the base. 15 Units are more than enough to cover the entire FATA regions and beyond because at any given time, no more than two gunships are needed in the air over an active Ops area where intense fighting is taking place.
MI-35s have caught the interest of PAA because of their niche COIN oriented design, they can fly CAS, offload troops, take on casualties and be off. It does alone what you needed a bell and two Cobras to do before. PA is not confused, our people don't realize that buying an attack helicopter or any defence goods of this magnitude is always a slow and deliberate process. It can't be rushed, it takes about half a decade at least to finalize and then the Army has to live with that decision for the next two decades at minimum. So they have to weigh all available options, tempt suppliers into offering better deals, simulate any and all possible scenarios where these helis might be needed and how they might handicap the forces.
And when you have four platforms in the running, its bound to take some time.

The squadron make up is about the same but helis can land pretty much anywhere, refuel and be off which means they can fly greater number of sorties and not be bound to the base. 15 Units are more than enough to cover the entire FATA regions and beyond because at any given time, no more than two gunships are needed in the air over an active Ops area where intense fighting is taking place.
MI-35s have caught the interest of PAA because of their niche COIN oriented design, they can fly CAS, offload troops, take on casualties and be off. It does alone what you needed a bell and two Cobras to do before. PA is not confused, our people don't realize that buying an attack helicopter or any defence goods of this magnitude is always a slow and deliberate process. It can't be rushed, it takes about half a decade at least to finalize and then the Army has to live with that decision for the next two decades at minimum. So they have to weigh all available options, tempt suppliers into offering better deals, simulate any and all possible scenarios where these helis might be needed and how they might handicap the forces.
And when you have four platforms in the running, its bound to take some time.

well you are right .. but i do know that purchasing a weapon or system takes time , i said confused because we were hearing that PA showing its interest in multiple platforms , like Ah-Z1 , T-129 , Z-10's , Mil-35 and Mil 28ME ..
there were rumors all over the place ..

what CAS means ??

well i just want that whatever PA buys it must be effective in our war , so they can effectively support our troops fighting deep inside Taliban territory ..

Mi-35 is too big and costs too much to operate and maintain.
We are already maintaining MI-17 and MI-8s, so we have facilities for Russian systems. Importantly US Zulus are very few in number and will take time to come, similarly Chinese Zulus are still in trial phase and it will take some time to decide for its suitability, please do go with general perception. Easy, early and tested option is only MI-35 so you can't just discard it basing on news regarding few lolly pops.

well you are right .. but i do know that purchasing a weapon or system takes time , i said confused because we were hearing that PA showing its interest in multiple platforms , like Ah-Z1 , T-129 , Z-10's , Mil-35 and Mil 28ME ..
there were rumors all over the place ..

Its not confusion, its called exploring multiple options and is indicative of a transparent and competitive procurement procedure.

what CAS means ??

Close Air Support

well i just want that whatever PA buys it must be effective in our war , so they can effectively support our troops fighting deep inside Taliban territory ..

And indeed it will be.

Armed reconnaissance

just few days back Minister of Defence Production Rana Tanveer confirmed that we are buying Russian helicopters; so this news of Mi-35 deal is put on hold is not true ...

We are already maintaining MI-17 and MI-8s, so we have facilities for Russian systems. Importantly US Zulus are very few in number and will take time to come, similarly Chinese Zulus are still in trial phase and it will take some time to decide for its suitability, please do go with general perception. Easy, early and tested option is only MI-35 so you can't just discard it basing on news regarding few lolly pops.
Thanks GOD we didn't spoiled Russian relations
I m happy we r getting MI35' very true analysis of urs, urgent fit is MI35 only for us

No no dear we won't need that much helps we need to invest money in different type of equipment 20 mi 35 are enough 10 to 15 cobra gunships and 10 to 20 Z 10 are enough and not to forget we lack heavylifter helicopters so we need them in future don't waste money all on attack helicopter Pakistan don't have any heavy lifter chopper like chinkook or mi 26 so as a military think various type of need u don't know which weapon make s difference in war

Back
Top Bottom