What's new

Officers Detained at Dulles, Call off visit

Hi,

Seems like people are talking as if they have 10 billion dollars stashed in their checking account and they are going to write a check for a billion dollars every year.

These people were only generals---the TSA did a physical search on indian defence minister a couple of years or so ago knowing very well who he was---.

Tsa just needs an excuse to pounce on someone---as I stated earlier---they are itching to have a go.

The paradox over here is that----any confrontation that you don't like---the pakistani wants to run home---they also want to cutoff all the relationships with everyone else---.

Is it the height of stupidity or what---basically---your enemy can arrange a drama---and you the unwitting participant who falls into it---there is a scene and a row created between two allies who desperately need each other---but the poorer one needs the richer one more---and the enemy's aim was to drive a wedge through their relation---the enemy just succeeded without firing a shot----.

Millitarily---that is what the bottomline is---.

Sir,

What you have been smoking is not allowed---even in the prescription form.

sir,
i cant buy your comments , as they reflect your blind love for USA for whatever reason, i dnt care..
Nowhere in the world men in Uniform can be treated like this, This goes way too low that how they treated some of our Officers..Didnt they even considered for a moment that Pakistan is a state which has suffered the Max in there fcuked up WOT .. I dnt think that the future breed of Army Officers will be that lenient towards US again ..:agree:

any confrontation that you don't like---the pakistani wants to run home---they also want to cutoff all the relationships with everyone else

I think the ones running from anything other than US cheerleading are those that suggest that Pakistan should get used to this - that TSA or other organs of US govt can and ought to behave in crude ways with Pakistanis and it's OK, after all, hey, it's America, remember? F16s?

MK, TSA is part of Homeland security, a mostrosity in a democracy, and TSA gets, it would have to, right, the same intel as other US agencies -- and yet, it chose to make yet another demonstration towards Pakistan and Pakistanis -- this is somethng only those who are justifying the behaviour of the US authorities are doing.

Look, there is a problem inside the US, and it reflects in the way they choose to behave externally -- whether you accept it or not, it won't change unless this behaviour and the thinking behind it is challeneged - if being mistreated while on official visits is what Pakikstani officials can expect, then perhaps their visits cannot be seen as necessary and should be put off till such time as sanity reign in the US and it's government departments?

can you imagine what would happen if this happened to a Turkish military delegation?

they would have recalled their ambassador even....

the Pakistani delegation did the least yet effective move. They left in protest and snubbed the meeting. Simple as that. Least emotional, most effective and professional response.

The Pentagon will hopefully understand the reasoning behind this decision.

For whatever it's worth, i would advise the Americans to have more inter-agency synergy. When State Dept, Pentagon et al know that a delegation like this is on its way, special arrangements should be made for them.

I was always under the impression that such delegations have a liason officer of some sorts to greet them as soon as they disembark from the aircraft.

that would have made sense, and it would have negated the need (or ability) of some un-professional TSA walas to have a power-trip

Hi,

Is it the height of stupidity or what---basically---your enemy can arrange a drama---and you the unwitting participant who falls into it---there is a scene and a row created between two allies who desperately need each other---but the poorer one needs the richer one more---and the enemy's aim was to drive a wedge through their relation---the enemy just succeeded without firing a shot----.

Millitarily---that is what the bottomline is---.

Sir,
Now thats a conspiracy theory which i can't buy, Like it or not , They enjoy special privileges in the reagion due to our support , or else they would have to induldge in a conventional war which seriously they cant as there are many desperet around the world to point score over them not to mention the overhead cost ... The point is Serving men in Uniform cannot be treated like this ..

It's like Hitler killed Jews..so what? I mean, what do you expect from Nazi Germany? No, the allies did not say that, they went after him and got him...

TSA and the U.S. gov are paranoid! So what? I mean, what do you expect from paranoid Americans? No, we have to go further and change the way they think.

Do not justify the wrong doings of a civilization or a country....We cannot say that they are paranoid! If they are than they have to understand the reality and if they cannot understand (which they failed) than it is up to them....

Crooked men they are!

You think that the U.S. is an ally? C'mon, their politicians/ruling elite did not spare their own countrymen, let alone Pakistanis!

Ohh, we are getting F16s!!!

Hallelujah!!

I think the ones running from anything other than US cheerleading are those that suggest that Pakistan should get used to this - that TSA or other organs of US govt can and ought to behave in crude ways with Pakistanis and it's OK, after all, hey, it's America, remember? F16s?

MK, TSA is part of Homeland security, a mostrosity in a democracy, and TSA gets, it would have to, right, the same intel as other US agencies -- and yet, it chose to make yet another demonstration towards Pakistan and Pakistanis -- this is somethng only those who are justifying the behaviour of the US authorities are doing.

Look, there is a problem inside the US, and it reflects in the way they choose to behave externally -- whether you accept it or not, it won't change unless this behaviour and the thinking behind it is challeneged - if being mistreated while on official visits is what Pakikstani officials can expect, then perhaps their visits cannot be seen as necessary and should be put off till such time as sanity reign in the US and it's government departments?

Muse, what's this with the F-16's?

We know that the latest models are hard-wired not to go East but just to bomb the bad guys at home.
Remember Qamar Suleyman so profuse in his praise of this a/c when he first recieved them - how it will be of great help in eliminating the bandits.

Do you really need such state of art equipment to fight the Taliban? And where does the money come from?

I knew after looking at the title of the thread that it would turn into a gigantic "THE ALLIANCE IS DEAD - TIT FOR TAT - IT'S A PLOT, AN INSULT.

The TSA overreacted, and the Pakistani delegation overreacted. An anthill became K2. Everyone involved made it worse.

I am a commercial airline pilot here. If I insinuated something or caused suspicion, you'd better believe I'd be detained, despite my uniform and I.D. We have been warned frequently that pilot uniforms are being purchased, I.D.'s are being stolen. We've had multiple bombing attempts in the last few years. How hard would it be for a group to fake some uniforms, and a letter from CENTCOM or some other authority? Not hard.

Everyone overreacted. There's no personal insult.

Fear is not a normal state of living .. !!!

Hi,

If there were no floods in pakistan and pak was not in such a desperate situation----the u s ambassador may have been home sent home packing as well alongwith calling the pak ambassador back---which Haqqani would have refused to do---.

Why be turkey---why don't you send a message and kick the U S ambassador out and stop all supplies to afg---if you can survive---. If you have courage and longevity----do it---BE A MAN---or be your real self---only talk and no substance.

Would the TSA dare do it to an Israeli general----the news media will skin the TSA alive and then some---.

Hi,

It is true that america is turning into a rascist society. It is starting turn into a parnoid community as well----the rights are gone---even on the surface they are still there---but the police and other agencies can do a lot that were not able to pre 9/11.

The politicians are dumping their incompetence in the form of hate towards the muslims community openly----this being the election year---all of them are going out of their way to castigate the muslims and what the muslims are doing.

There are a few moderate politicians left---but overall the picture is very gloomy---. America has learnt to blame everyone else for their issues and problems---it ain't gonna change now---every muslim is a bad guy in one shape of form---just waiting for the right oppurtunity---that is the asermon that the hate mongers are spreading.

How you people going to counter it---there has to some game in your technique---you can't bludgeon everything---the things have to be dealt with finess---.

The biggest problem I see with you guys is----that the moment you face some un-expected problem---or obstacle---or hrudles---or someone hurt your dignity----the next instance you want to go back to the stone age---what's up with that.

Everyone gets treated the same general to janitor....the sub-continental deference to "superior ranks" is not present in the US. No wonder people from Pakistan and India are surprised when their dignitaries are treated the same as everyone else.

9/11 changed the rules on flying.

Total Bull $hit, If you look like a middle eastern or South Asian (except Indians off course) or you are from the region you are treated differently. It is nothing but ethnic and religious profiling. Procedures they implemented after 9/11 are totally messed up. They are unnecessarily creating enemies which will damage their long-term interest.

Before coming out with your sarcasm, can you justify the act of US authorities even after they were shown the CENTCOM invitation letter, passports showing them as military officers, wasn't that more then enough to tell the US people to atleast talk in a decent manner and treat them as humans not as some scumbags.

Read it carefully, the delegation fully cooperated and showed their credentials, even after that the US as per its hospitality custom showed paranoid behavior and insulted the delegation,which is quiet enough.

Hope next time same treatment is given to a US general and officers, lets see what US and you people have to say then. I bet, the talk of bombing the arse of that country who insulted the US officers would be heard from you guys as that is best what you can offer to the world.

If they were treated like "scumbags" then they had and still have the option of reporting the concerned TSA officials to their superiors. I do not believe they were treated like scumbags. However I do believe that they were not treated with the "deference" they are used to in their home country.

If they were treated like "scumbags" then they had and still have the option of reporting the concerned TSA officials to their superiors. I do not believe they were treated like scumbags. However I do believe that they were not treated with the "deference" they are used to in their home country.

Well some of the comments by people living in the US and those who go there are more then enough to tell, that its useless.

If a US native had complaint, off course action would have taken, but we all know when it comes to color or being a Muslim, shi*t action would have been taken as to you guys all Muslims are terrorists, that is the state of paranoia you guys are living in.

And yeah if those guys had been wanting the "deference", they would not have been going through commercial airlines, would have asked for something more discreet, but since they were, it sure tells that they weren't expecting any nor wanted any "deference".

Back
Top Bottom