What's new

OBL raid: US raid team member claims Chinook resupply helicopter evaded attack by PAF F-16

So many shocking details in this article, please take the time and read.

People lie for publicity lol.

And if you really want to talk about embarrassment, please explain to me how sand people managed to fly two buildings right into the heart of NYC without getting stopped?

Amazing article about special operations Chinook pilot Chief Warrant Officer 5 Douglas Englen .

Let no apologists for the PAF and the military rulers of Pakistan claim that the US and Pakistan worked together and that permission was given for this operation.

4 helicopters flew well inside Pakistan. 2 landed in a refueling point and were there for 2 hours +. Two more choppers flew in to Abbottabad. Killed Osama. One crashed. The refueling chopper flew into Abbottabad . They flew back to the refueling point!!!
And then 3 choppers flew back to AFG.

So hopefully this puts the PAF's unsuccessful role in this Abbottabad operation crystal clear to fanbois.

Meanwhile, Englen’s lone Chinook on its way back was engaged three times by a Pakistani F-16. Because he’d anticipated and planned for that, he was able to defeat and evade the fighter jet.

“It was as an electronic fight. A missile never left the rail. So I was able to evade him electronically. That’s all I’ll say. But, he was searching and hunting for me, and three times came very close to actually launching a missile,” Englen said.

He'd done that before with other fighter jets on other missions.

"That's why we were picked for this mission. And, I was one of the few who trained 160th crews how to do that," he added.

Regardless, they were still jinking and jiving, flying nap-of-the-earth.

"We pulled every technique and tactic out of the book. And it worked," he said.

The risk was different, depending on who you asked.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...bin-laden-mission-details-for-the-first-time/
that's not how ew works my child typical false flagger posting bs article the ew suite would try to mislead incoming missile by feeding false radar signal or if infrared seeker then release flares or fire laser dazzlers at it but making missile not able to launch from rail ; is just scifi bs

besides f16 also has cannon too

and alot of contradictory details and rival claims came from Americans em selves

Lots of stuff about the Bin Laden raid has been whispered. The fact that PAF **did** launch and was stopped from engaging has been one of them. This confirms what I have heard.

There are other whispers. They will be confirmed as more and more stuff gets unclassified.

PAF shot one down and were then probably ordered to stand down from further attacks.
the fallen stealth hawk at obl compound ???
possible
then both sides said It was air accident to not let the issue become an uncontrollable political disaster jeopardizing USA Afghanistan operation

Some people may have thought he was being cocky or arrogant, but cockiness was what had earned him the nickname “Stud Muffin” when he first arrived at the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, or SOAR.

Not coming home was never an option.

Back home

Englen’s wife Tina, his high-school sweetheart, was worried.

from the actual article

this sounds like bs rip-off from a John Wayne movie ;)

Following is the real source of the account in question: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...7g-chinooks-three-times-during-bin-laden-raid

These leaks are therefore credible.

The raid must be viewed in two phases:-

1. Infiltration phase (100% successful)
2. Return phase

Two F-16 aircraft of PAF were airborne in search of these helicopters during the RETURN PHASE. One of these F-16 aircraft came very close to obtaining a lock on one of these helicopters in the process. This indicate that other two helicopter had reached Afghanistan beforehand, and this was the last one.

Now the battle was being fought in the EW spectrum and pilot of the helicopter was doing whatever he could to protect his helicopter from assault. He is telling his side of story.

For the sake of argument, let us assume that the F-16 was able to obtain a lock on the helicopter for a short while amidst tug-of-war in EW spectrum, next thing is to realize the flight path of target which is towards Afghanistan. So whose helicopter this was? AMERICAN. This cannot be Indian or Iranian. It was at this point that engagement would not be cleared and the matter would be settled politically.

But do keep in mind that they have exceptional EW capabilities. Expect surprises from them in all aspects of conventional warfare.

Last edited:
This story was probably told to Indian pilots as well hence they tried to engage PAF at 27th Feb 19 however the same F16s got a lock on Asian Raptor and shot her *** down. You can continue to believe that our F16s are useless.

Asian Raptor? MIG 21? When did it become Asian Raptor? And there too it was 1:1..

Do these so called kill switches only work according to ones wishes.!!!

U.S. JETS OVER IRAQ ATTACK OWN HELICOPTERS IN ERROR; ALL 26 ON BOARD ARE KILLED
By Michael R. Gordon
April 15, 1994
https://www.nytimes.com/1994/04/15/...ters-in-error-all-26-on-board-are-killed.html
:tup:

Solid rebuttal.

F-16, particularly Block 52+, are among the best combat aircraft in the world. They will deliver when the situation calls for it. Block 52+ have very good night vision and air-to-surface attack capabilities.

In fact, this account completely discredit the notion of imaginary KILL SWITCHES in F-16s. The battle was being fought in the EW spectrum.

Thank you, pilot.

Asian Raptor? MIG 21? When did it become Asian Raptor? And there too it was 1:1..
No, SU-30 MKI.

No, your MIG-21 stand no chance against an F-16 in an engagement. Your MIG-21 scored no kill on 27-02-19. There is massive difference between Bollywood propaganda and reality.

Last edited:
Amazing article about special operations Chinook pilot Chief Warrant Officer 5 Douglas Englen .

Let no apologists for the PAF and the military rulers of Pakistan claim that the US and Pakistan worked together and that permission was given for this operation.

4 helicopters flew well inside Pakistan. 2 landed in a refueling point and were there for 2 hours +. Two more choppers flew in to Abbottabad. Killed Osama. One crashed. The refueling chopper flew into Abbottabad . They flew back to the refueling point!!!
And then 3 choppers flew back to AFG.

So hopefully this puts the PAF's unsuccessful role in this Abbottabad operation crystal clear to fanbois.

Meanwhile, Englen’s lone Chinook on its way back was engaged three times by a Pakistani F-16. Because he’d anticipated and planned for that, he was able to defeat and evade the fighter jet.

“It was as an electronic fight. A missile never left the rail. So I was able to evade him electronically. That’s all I’ll say. But, he was searching and hunting for me, and three times came very close to actually launching a missile,” Englen said.

He'd done that before with other fighter jets on other missions.

"That's why we were picked for this mission. And, I was one of the few who trained 160th crews how to do that," he added.

Regardless, they were still jinking and jiving, flying nap-of-the-earth.

"We pulled every technique and tactic out of the book. And it worked," he said.

The risk was different, depending on who you asked.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...bin-laden-mission-details-for-the-first-time/
Americans are worst than bollywood for making up crap.

WmDs in iraq
Helicopters flew straight from pakistan to a ship in the Persian gulf.
Now the chinook took on an f16.....and pakistani pilots ....

Ps. I am the Pope

Americans are worst than bollywood for making up crap.

WmDs in iraq
Helicopters flew straight from pakistan to a ship in the Persian gulf.
Now the chinook took on an f16.....and pakistani pilots ....

Ps. I am the Pope
Americans have far more credibility than Indians, mind you. Saddam Hussein's own SIL leaked information to Americans and Saddam ordered his assassination afterwards.

WMDs = Chemical; Nuclear; Biological. Iraq had massive stockpiles of chemical weapons and over 500 American soldiers were exposed to these agents in their search for hidden cashes after the invasion (directly from American insider sources, and first hand accounts of some of the soldiers who suffered from the effects of these exposures in the aftermath).

FYI: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...t/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html

American MEDIA is a cesspool of misinformation on the other hand, thanks in part to split political affinities between DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS and big names including CNN and New York Times support DEMOCRATS.

No country is invaded on lack of credible INTEL, this is a very serious decision and escalation for any country.

Conventional warfare is fought in the EW spectrum in large part; not in visual spectrum in large part. How do you think PAF defeated IAF on 27-02-19 engagement? PAF had superior EW capabilities in comparison. Not like fight scenes depicted in Sher Dil movie which have no credibility. SU-30 MKI are very dangerous combat aircraft to engage in dog fights.

Yeah, MiG 21 downed your F-16, and Sukhois chased them out.. some top order fool is brainwashing you guys with fake stories..
This is the armament of MiG-21 aircraft that was killed by PAF on 27-02-19:-

IAF-Mig-21-Bison-Wreckage-Suggests-that-Indian-pilot-was-Unable-to-Fire-Single-Missile.jpg

MIG-21 payload is 4 missiles maximum.

Your government and Bollywood is fooling you.

Last edited:
I would go back to the basics of air combat and find something called situational awareness.

First - I seriously doubt any pilot worth his salt wants to go down to tree top level at low speed at night.. even if it is to engage a lumbering Chinook.

Then he has to find the said chopper among ground clutter, which even the very effective APG-68 has trouble with.
Considering this was the mountainous terrain on our west; there was plenty of clutter available.

Then, comes as aspect of other threats nearby along with a degrading electronic environment which was faced that day.

So unless we want a CFIT like a few days ago - pilots tend to want to engage choppers with missile systems from altitude and not try to gun it. When they do, its mostly positioned slash and dash dives in the hope that the chopper has not seen them. If it does see them, even the vulnerable Chinook can turn 30 degrees per second to get out of the way.

What matters at the end is the combination of all these things and the pilots; and while we Pakistanis tend to have some of the Indian tendencies to think our pilots are invincible.. those SoF pilots are among the best helicopter pilots in the world and routinely play tag with A-10 pilots in exercises.

I would repeat what I said before - Pakistan was outclassed by a MUCh stronger force with many more and advanced resources. Not to mention the Leadership factor which sealed the fate of any face saving.

But the PAF has many assets other than F-16s if it really wanted to get the job done. Once the chopper is located, a formation or multiple formations flying overhead can simply saturate the area with gun fire. There is a lot of empty space between Abbottabad and Afghanistan. Even with radar jamming, the Mirages are NV capable and could use IR signatures to locate them.

Back
Top Bottom