What's new

OBL raid: US raid team member claims Chinook resupply helicopter evaded attack by PAF F-16

whats your point
I answered U what U were ranting
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...pakistan-vaccination-taliban-osama-bin-laden/

Why would you jail a guy that helped find the location of the most wanted terrorist, especially when you say that the raid was a joint op. Shouldnt this guy be awarded some kind of medal for his actions. The polio fiasco that ensued is a problem with lack of education and is not a reason for punishment to him. So care to explain ?
Every bit of available evidence says that Pakistan was deliberately kept out of the loop as it was suspected of Pakistan being hostile towards the operation or leaking the information.

Last edited:
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...pakistan-vaccination-taliban-osama-bin-laden/

Why would you jail a guy that helped find the location of the most wanted terrorist, especially when you say that the raid was a joint op. Shouldnt this guy be awarded some kind of medal for his actions. The polio fiasco that ensued is a problem with lack of education and is not a reason for punishment to him. So care to explain ?
joint ops only for killing OBL , but only US announce a reward to detect OBL and their lots of sympathizer for OBL in that aera FORMER NWFP/ KPK PROVINCE

joint ops only for killing OBL , but only US announce a reward to detect OBL and their lots of sympathizer for OBL in that aera FORMER NWFP/ KPK PROVINCE
What are you saying ? This doesnt answer my questions at all. Why did you arrest the guy then if he helped in killing OBL. And US didnt trust you enough to share their findings. People in Pakistan still deny that there even was Osama Bin Laden living in Pakistan so close to an army area.

laughing over all this ...

a lot pakistanis made this informstion up to make money, got obama elected, and the real OBL is sitting somewhere enjoying a retired life of luxury ..

people live in fools paradise.. keep on spending neurons on useless threads

What are you saying ? This doesnt answer my questions at all. Why did you arrest the guy then if he helped in killing OBL. And US didnt trust you enough to share their findings. People in Pakistan still deny that there even was Osama Bin Laden living in Pakistan so close to an army area.
do you know what are lurking behind the next street of your home and he concealed himself in his home, i already told you their lots of sympathizers of Al-quada and Taliban in whole NWFP/KPK, and if without govt somebody help US govt to find OBL that's why we arrest him, Major response from these sympathizers to start new waves of terrorism in the country, as well as i have to admit there is group is in PA that support and thinks, Al-Queda/Taliban is doing right

Every bit of available evidence says that Pakistan was deliberately kept out of the loop as it was suspected of Pakistan being hostile towards the operation or leaking the information.

Obama is his presidential address said Pakistan helped in finding of OBL. So decide who is lying.

With USN F/A-18 Super Hornets lurking alongside the Afghan border, Rao Qamar Suleman barred the F-16s to engage with the choppers. Two F-16A's were on CAP at that time.

This fool thinks the F-16 couldn't engage his slow moving rotor aircraft. These matters were decided way above the pay grade of this idiot and he thinks he survived because he was. clever. Sounds like Minti Agerwal 1.0

However, Unfortunately, this will remain a leadership crisis of Asif Ali Zardari, which spurred down to the Rao Qamar Suleman (God knows how he climbed the ranks). Obama had to win and this had to be done.

If anyone thinks these Chinooks are capable enough to evade gun sights of fighters, then he or she needs to go back to the drawing board of learning basics about air combat.

I would go back to the basics of air combat and find something called situational awareness.

First - I seriously doubt any pilot worth his salt wants to go down to tree top level at low speed at night.. even if it is to engage a lumbering Chinook.

Then he has to find the said chopper among ground clutter, which even the very effective APG-68 has trouble with.
Considering this was the mountainous terrain on our west; there was plenty of clutter available.

Then, comes as aspect of other threats nearby along with a degrading electronic environment which was faced that day.

So unless we want a CFIT like a few days ago - pilots tend to want to engage choppers with missile systems from altitude and not try to gun it. When they do, its mostly positioned slash and dash dives in the hope that the chopper has not seen them. If it does see them, even the vulnerable Chinook can turn 30 degrees per second to get out of the way.

What matters at the end is the combination of all these things and the pilots; and while we Pakistanis tend to have some of the Indian tendencies to think our pilots are invincible.. those SoF pilots are among the best helicopter pilots in the world and routinely play tag with A-10 pilots in exercises.

I would repeat what I said before - Pakistan was outclassed by a MUCh stronger force with many more and advanced resources. Not to mention the Leadership factor which sealed the fate of any face saving.

So unless we want a CFIT like a few days ago - pilots tend to want to engage choppers with missile systems from altitude and not try to gun it. When they do, its mostly positioned slash and dash dives in the hope that the chopper has not seen them. If it does see them, even the vulnerable Chinook can turn 30 degrees per second to get out of the way.

I don’t think anything with a blower has ever killed a helicopter using guns-plus you don’t want get low and slow with a Chinook MH-47G carrying two electrically operated mini guns :lol:. The US is looking for a cheaper alternative to expensive AAMs to kill slow moving targets such as drones. The AGR-20A Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) laser-guided rocket is probably that solution.

I would go back to the basics of air combat and find something called situational awareness.

First - I seriously doubt any pilot worth his salt wants to go down to tree top level at low speed at night.. even if it is to engage a lumbering Chinook.

Then he has to find the said chopper among ground clutter, which even the very effective APG-68 has trouble with.
Considering this was the mountainous terrain on our west; there was plenty of clutter available.

Then, comes as aspect of other threats nearby along with a degrading electronic environment which was faced that day.

What matters at the end is the combination of all these things and the pilots; and while we Pakistanis tend to have some of the Indian tendencies to think our pilots are invincible.. those SoF pilots are among the best helicopter pilots in the world and routinely play tag with A-10 pilots in exercises.

I would repeat what I said before - Pakistan was outclassed by a MUCh stronger force with many more and advanced resources. Not to mention the Leadership factor which sealed the fate of any face saving.

Hi,

" KILL SWITCH " young man---kill switches are real---.

You car has a kill switch which you can use anytime you want to---it is called the alarm or security system to disable your car from being started---.

Why would someone think that the world's super power would nt add one to the machines that it manufactured---.

Indian members take not---. Get any fighter aircraft from the US---they will come equipped with the kill switches---.

Hi,

Time is a great equalizer---. Ultimately----the information leaks out---.

I didn't bother to read the article, because I hate BS.
I have asked this question over and over even from some American writers. Forget how the "refuel" helicopters, i.e "Chinooks" landed in Kala Dacca, but they never approached the site in "Abbotabad".
Therefore, how the seals of "destroyed" helicopter landed in the one remaining one!!
They simply cannot, because of weight carrying capacity of the helicopter used.
This incident smell bad from day one.
Americans should thank Kiyani and Zardari. The rest is BS.

Hi,

" KILL SWITCH " young man---kill switches are real---.

You car has a kill switch which you can use anytime you want to---it is called the alarm or security system to disable your car from being started---.

Why would someone think that the world's super power would nt add one to the machines that it manufactured---.

Indian members take not---. Get any fighter aircraft from the US---they will come equipped with the kill switches---.

Hi,

Time is a great equalizer---. Ultimately----the information leaks out---.
What stops Russia, Sweden, UK, France, Italy, Spain etc etc from having kill switches installed in their own aircraft when they export them to other countries.

Back
Top Bottom