What's new

OBL raid: US raid team member claims Chinook resupply helicopter evaded attack by PAF F-16

When I saw photos of the tail of the helicopter that crashed in Abbottabad (the only leftover part), I was like WOAH never seen anything like this before. On a positive note, Pakistan got a good look at it before returning it to USA; decent food for thought for Project Azam for FREE. :-)

An excellent read: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-back-over-33-years-before-the-bin-laden-raid
I am pretty sure Paks have the big hearts to share it with their other brothers, who are actively engaged in the development of the choppers of all sorts...

Whatever comes Be-dava is Helal...

images

upload_2020-3-17_14-37-1.jpeg

The very fact that the pilot was expecting some kind of retaliation and was prepared, just squashes any theory of joint operations. You can always call that pilot a liar.

In addition, the “Parai shadi mein deewana” OP also got the entire context of the source material wrong. Such excitement is usually reserved for scoring an usually attractive woman for people other than online Indians.
You must understand, the OP belongs to such rare breed of creatures who are now blowing their brains with such claims that only skilled pilots know how to eject hence Indian pilots mostly survive.
I guess it takes some extra ordinary mindset and skills to press the eject button at the first sign of an emergency.

Part of SoF pilots training is avoiding enemy aircraft and being able to evade them. All things considered, it is extremely difficult to shoot down a low flying chopper at night.

Found something more relevant since you talked about a missiles ability to 'shoot down' a helicopter.

4. CONCLUSION

.........However, for an active seeker head, the strength of the Doppler signal increases as the θ increased. It is due to fact that the rotor blade can be modeled as a flat plat where the effective RCS of the rotor blades increases. This signifies that Doppler frequency from the rotor blades is almost available at any angle between an active seeker head LOS and the plane of the rotors even when a helicopter is hovering. Super heterodyne receiver which has 30 dB improvement in terms sensitivity may be able to detect Doppler frequencies from tail rotor blades. The intermediate frequency in super heterodyne receiver also allows the sign of the Doppler shift to be identified. The analysis of the results concluded that mmW seeker head operating at either 35 GHz or 94 GHz is suitable be used as a missile seeker head to engage a hovering helicopter in terms of range and frequency resolution. A seeker head which employ super heterodyne receiver is an excellent choice because it enables the main and tail rotor to be detected. This type of receiver has the capability to confirm that it is about to engage a helicopter, and not something else nearby regardless whether a helicopter is flying or hovering

https://www.ajol.info/index.php/jfas/article/viewFile/165062/154556

When I saw photos of the tail of the helicopter that crashed in Abbottabad (the only leftover part), I was like WOAH never seen anything like this before. On a positive note, Pakistan got a good look at it before returning it to USA; decent food for thought for Project Azam for FREE. :-)

An excellent read: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-back-over-33-years-before-the-bin-laden-raid

The challenge with carbon composites is the manufacturing process requires exacting standards and meticulous quality control and testing. Hard to achieve this at scale without automation, which is one reason why India struggles to manufacture the Tejas faster than the current snails pace.

Last edited:
Amazing article about special operations Chinook pilot Chief Warrant Officer 5 Douglas Englen .

Let no apologists for the PAF and the military rulers of Pakistan claim that the US and Pakistan worked together and that permission was given for this operation.

4 helicopters flew well inside Pakistan. 2 landed in a refueling point and were there for 2 hours +. Two more choppers flew in to Abbottabad. Killed Osama. One crashed. The refueling chopper flew into Abbottabad . They flew back to the refueling point!!!
And then 3 choppers flew back to AFG.

So many shocking details in this article, please take the time and read.

So hopefully this puts the PAF's unsuccessful role in this Abbottabad operation crystal clear to fanbois.

Meanwhile, Englen’s lone Chinook on its way back was engaged three times by a Pakistani F-16. Because he’d anticipated and planned for that, he was able to defeat and evade the fighter jet.

“It was as an electronic fight. A missile never left the rail. So I was able to evade him electronically. That’s all I’ll say. But, he was searching and hunting for me, and three times came very close to actually launching a missile,” Englen said.

He'd done that before with other fighter jets on other missions.

"That's why we were picked for this mission. And, I was one of the few who trained 160th crews how to do that," he added.

Regardless, they were still jinking and jiving, flying nap-of-the-earth.

"We pulled every technique and tactic out of the book. And it worked," he said.

The risk was different, depending on who you asked.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...bin-laden-mission-details-for-the-first-time/
You came in with 4 chopper and left with 3 and no OBL so how is this USA victory?

With USN F/A-18 Super Hornets lurking alongside the Afghan border, Rao Qamar Suleman barred the F-16s to engage with the choppers. Two F-16A's were on CAP at that time.

This fool thinks the F-16 couldn't engage his slow moving rotor aircraft. These matters were decided way above the pay grade of this idiot and he thinks he survived because he was. clever. Sounds like Minti Agerwal 1.0

However, Unfortunately, this will remain a leadership crisis of Asif Ali Zardari, which spurred down to the Rao Qamar Suleman (God knows how he climbed the ranks). Obama had to win and this had to be done.

If anyone thinks these Chinooks are capable enough to evade gun sights of fighters, then he or she needs to go back to the drawing board of learning basics about air combat.

Photos of bodies of Saddam's sons were released to media after giving them heavy reconstructive surgery, so much lead was pumped into them. However, these releases received lot of criticism from people around the world for violating Geneva conventions and such.

An American insider leak disclose the fact that American troops pumped over 100 bullets into Osama's body. Damage was so gruesome that photos were not leaked due to this factor alone.

FYI: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/osama-bin-laden-death-shooting_n_4958147

So understand that this is not a joke and for amusement for people. They have photos and recordings, and might show something one day.

Pakistan Army also have DNA samples, if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:
Amazing article about special operations Chinook pilot Chief Warrant Officer 5 Douglas Englen .

Let no apologists for the PAF and the military rulers of Pakistan claim that the US and Pakistan worked together and that permission was given for this operation.

4 helicopters flew well inside Pakistan. 2 landed in a refueling point and were there for 2 hours +. Two more choppers flew in to Abbottabad. Killed Osama. One crashed. The refueling chopper flew into Abbottabad . They flew back to the refueling point!!!
And then 3 choppers flew back to AFG.

So many shocking details in this article, please take the time and read.

So hopefully this puts the PAF's unsuccessful role in this Abbottabad operation crystal clear to fanbois.

Meanwhile, Englen’s lone Chinook on its way back was engaged three times by a Pakistani F-16. Because he’d anticipated and planned for that, he was able to defeat and evade the fighter jet.

“It was as an electronic fight. A missile never left the rail. So I was able to evade him electronically. That’s all I’ll say. But, he was searching and hunting for me, and three times came very close to actually launching a missile,” Englen said.

He'd done that before with other fighter jets on other missions.

"That's why we were picked for this mission. And, I was one of the few who trained 160th crews how to do that," he added.

Regardless, they were still jinking and jiving, flying nap-of-the-earth.

"We pulled every technique and tactic out of the book. And it worked," he said.

The risk was different, depending on who you asked.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...bin-laden-mission-details-for-the-first-time/

Hi,

What he is claiming is that THE KILL SWITCH WORKED very well.

the OP belongs to such rare breed of creatures who are now blowing their brains with such claims that only skilled pilots know how to eject hence Indian pilots mostly survive.
this might be the only skill those enemy pilots have acquired .... :lol::lol:

that is why we should end reliance on f16 as u.s has experience of defeating this jet because it is developed in u.s,our military officials and govt also accepted that radar was jammed by u.s and when f16 were scrambled u.s have left our airspace and it was too late for them to engage

The deeper they flew into Pakistan, the more it felt like “metropolis United States,” with power lines, towers, cultural lighting. The contrast was stark: they were in a completely different country, much more prosperous than Afghanistan.

The very fact that the pilot was expecting some kind of retaliation and was prepared, just squashes any theory of joint operations. You can always call that pilot a liar.
As usual vege rants

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom