What's new

OBAMA THREATENED TO NUKE CHINA

While I do not believe superiority of biology, I do believe superiority of culture and society.
Which can be quite temporary.

Certainly, criticise all you want. However, criticism coming from the American government is quite funny to most Chinese.
And doubly so the other way around.

Which can be quite temporary.
Certainly, but the impact they leave behind is lasting (i.e Greece, Rome, Tang, Persia, India etc).

And doubly so the other way around.
Good, we established we both find each other funny when talking about human rights.

Wait till Americans and Europeans cry "cultural genocide" when they hear you statement. They always get butthurt real quick.

What a joke! Americans and Europeans not only do cultural genocide they do actual, real genocide.

Do you feel that bringing home a potential mate whose skin and facial features are different equal to 'forcing' racial equality upon the parents?
That is more complicated, that is up for the parents and children to work out
But that is not what I asked. If you do not think that criticism does not equal to compulsion or force, then a more progressive generation's actions should also NOT equal to compulsion or force. The child is not 'forcing' the parents to change their bigotry. Nothing too complicated here.

Nope. For example, Uighur, Tibetan and Mongolians living in China are treated equally by the state (and in fact have more benefits due to their minority status. Whether they get enough 'human right' is a separate matter but all people living in china are under the same restriction, and we know the police don't come to you for no reason) Whether the average Han chinese accepts them is up for those individuals to decide, but if they are openly discriminating or prosecuting other ethnic groups they should be held accountable by the state. But just to say you have to like someone because he is a minority ethnic group is just as pointless as saying you have to like everyone you met when by nature people get along with some and not with certain others, as demonstrated quite often in this forum alone (and not necessarily completely for ethnic reason). As long as certain boundaries were not crossed IMO the state should not interfere.
Then we can conclude that you approve of a non-official policy of segregation by the people.

Nope not what I meant at all. But 'racial' understanding is something that takes time. And people from China will take different amount of time or effort as say a guy from the US melting pot.
But communism is supposed to be race neutral.

Good, we established we both find each other funny when talking about human rights.
Perhaps...But when it comes to human rights, people will chuckle if China is mentioned.

Perhaps...But when it comes to human rights, people will chuckle if China is mentioned.
You are right.

Perhaps China can one day support democratic figures like Shah of Iran while deposing dicators like Mossadeq. If only China could help train human rights agencies such as Contras or SAVAK, we would be up there with United States in praises.

It is an american talking about human rights that makes me chuckle.

Ever heard of afghanistan and iraq sunshine????

dog will bark aether he will black or white . and US is mad dog

dog will bark aether he will black or white . and US is mad dog
No no no, American government is impeccable. It's us Chinese godless commies are that roots of all evil for sure. China should strive to emulate American policies world wide.

You are right.

Perhaps China can one day support democratic figures like Shah of Iran while deposing dicators like Mossadeq. If only China could help train human rights agencies such as Contras or SAVAK, we would be up there with United States in praises.
Perhaps 'one day'? But during the Cold War, China does those very things to help spread communism.

But that is not what I asked. If you do not think that criticism does not equal to compulsion or force, then a more progressive generation's actions should also NOT equal to compulsion or force. The child is not 'forcing' the parents to change their bigotry. Nothing too complicated here.

Then we can conclude that you approve of a non-official policy of segregation by the people.

But communism is supposed to be race neutral.

It is complicated as in say put it this way: if a vietnamese girl one day bring back a chinese boy, or a black boy (not to say that there is anything wrong with either) to a typical parent living in rural areas and never exposed to anything outside the vietnamese culture region - can you say that the parent would not have the slightest apprehension about the whole affair, even if they do not exhibit the slightest discriminating actions.

There is no policy, official or non-official, people decides to segregate themselves, it is not something deliberate as in having some larger ulterior motives in mind.

Race-neutral as in equal right and treatment, But people's views of others is their own business.

It is complicated as in say put it this way: if a vietnamese girl one day bring back a chinese boy, or a black boy (not to say that there is anything wrong with either) to a typical parent living in rural areas and never exposed to anything outside the vietnamese culture region - can you say that the parent would not have the slightest apprehension about the whole affair, even if they do not exhibit the slightest discriminating actions.

There is no policy, official or non-official, people decides to segregate themselves, it is not something deliberate as in having some larger ulterior motives in mind.

Race-neutral as in equal right and treatment, But people's views of others is their own business.
That still does not mean the parents are somehow 'forced' into accepting the idea that a person's skin color should not matter regarding the person's character. It is always funny to me to see knee-jerk reactions that escalate into exaggerations like 'force' and how the issue is 'complicated' for everyone else but never for US.

That still does not mean the parents are somehow 'forced' into accepting the idea that a person's skin color should not matter regarding the person's character. It is always funny to me to see knee-jerk reactions that escalate into exaggerations like 'force' and how the issue is 'complicated' for everyone else but never for US.

I didn't say anything about the US Gambit, infact I never accused anyone or any ethnic groups as harbouring racist intentions. You can check all my previous posts. What I'm trying to say is that strains are normal when people are faced with situations that are unfamiliar to them, and they should not be expected to be politically correct all the time.

I didn't say anything about the US Gambit, infact I never accused anyone or any ethnic groups as harbouring racist intentions. You can check all my previous posts. What I'm trying to say is that strains are normal when people are faced with situations that are unfamiliar to them, and they should not be expected to be politically correct all the time.
But being politically correct is expected of US. The point here is that the Chinese boys here demands China be exempted from the criticisms they levied at the US. It is not so much about crying 'foul' but about exposing the hypocrisy. It is not so much about defending past sins but about what steps have been taken and are still being used, not so much to atone, but to remove the possibility of a resurgence of the mentality that resulted in those sins. In that, it is hilarious to see Chinese criticisms of a racist America where Chinese racism are being swept under the social rug.

Back
Top Bottom