What's new

Nuclear Missile Launch To Increase Rafale's Appeal for India

can anybody shed light that we can modify Rafale to launch Brahmos or not??[/QUOTE]

i don't think so, b'coz su-30mki's are the heavy weight fighters with much more weapon carrying capacity though still we are finding it tough to make them carry the Brahmos missile (2 tonnes) & they will be able to carry only one missile in there centre line, i don't think Rafale as a medium weight jet will be able to carry such a heavy cruise missile, if we are able to lessen the weight of the missile is totally a different chapter though.

can someone inform about what will be the final no. of Rafales we induct in IAf, since 126 is certainly initial nos.

IAF will certainly make it 200 but the question is will it induct more???

Since if we compare it to su-30 deal:

first IAF inducted 40 than license build another 140, than a 2007 contract of another 50 & now again 42 more bringing total to 272 (this was never initial estimates of the sukhois)

An advanced version known as ASMP-A has a range of about 500 km at a speed of up to Mach 3 with the new TNA (tête nucléaire aéroportée) 300kt thermonuclear warhead. :woot: :cheers:

It entered service in October 2009 with the Mirage 2000NK3 of squadron EC 3/4 at Istres and on July 2010 with the Rafales of squadron EC 1/91 at Saint Dizier.

ASMPA (Air Sol Moyenne Porte Ameliore) cruise missileSource: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...rease-rafales-appeal-india.html#ixzz1yWhJA9Qu

This is not a big deal to make Omni role fighter as Nuclear capable.
Pakistan Jf17 will also become nuclear capable as Nuclear capable Ra'ad cruise missile integration is in progress for the Jf17.

yup you can!just phone call your 3rd dady china for it and tell them papa papa mujhe ye chaiye

yup you can!just phone call your 3rd dady china for it and tell them papa papa mujhe ye chaiye
i'm going to ban after post it:)

can someone inform about what will be the final no. of Rafales we induct in IAf, since 126 is certainly initial nos.

IAF will certainly make it 200 but the question is will it induct more???

Since if we compare it to su-30 deal:

first IAF inducted 40 than license build another 140, than a 2007 contract of another 50 & now again 42 more bringing total to 272 (this was never initial estimates of the sukhois)
u never know actually ,as if IAF pilots fall in love with that planes then IAF would even further increase the contract but It is for later ,no one can predict anything ,but yes it is possible.
BTW economy & AIRBASE infrastructure are other important factors which have to be consider at that time

i don't think so, b'coz su-30mki's are the heavy weight fighters with much more weapon carrying capacity though still we are finding it tough to make them carry the Brahmos missile (2 tonnes) & they will be able to carry only one missile in there centre line, i don't think Rafale as a medium weight jet will be able to carry such a heavy cruise missile, if we are able to lessen the weight of the missile is totally a different chapter though.

Actually Rafale can carry more external stores than MKI, 9.5T vs 8T. It can carry 2000 lt fuel tanks, combined weight of tank + fuel should around 2T(not sure). Biggest problem should be size of Brahmos wrt Rafale (MKI is fcking huge so not a problem) and not weight IMHO.

An advanced version known as ASMP-A has a range of about 500 km at a speed of up to Mach 3 with the new TNA (tête nucléaire aéroportée) 300kt thermonuclear warhead. :woot: :cheers:

It entered service in October 2009 with the Mirage 2000NK3 of squadron EC 3/4 at Istres and on July 2010 with the Rafales of squadron EC 1/91 at Saint Dizier.

ASMPA (Air Sol Moyenne Porte Ameliore) cruise missileSource: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...rease-rafales-appeal-india.html#ixzz1yWhJA9Qu

What's the use bro? We can only get our hands on the aircraft and not missile due to MCTR. Love the specs though, hope we make something similar.

u never know actually ,as if IAF pilots fall in love with that planes then IAF would even further increase the contract but It is for later ,no one can predict anything ,but yes it is possible.
BTW economy & AIRBASE infrastructure are other important factors which have to be consider at that time

yes doc, but i think IAF has already made it's mind:

Fighter deal bigger: 126 will rise to 260 | Deccan Chronicle

This reports take the nos. as 260 add to this 50 more if Navy jumps in the shopping spree, this deal can make Dassault people earn money without doing any work for coming generations.....:lol:

+ there can be another twist to the mmrca saga, assuming the LCA program does not come as expected & IAF only asks for some 50 odd LCA's than IAF will not be left with any choice but to add etc. nos to the mmrca. what do you think??

but the point is, do we even have such a miniaturized TN or N warhead, which can be flown in a cruise missile?

but the point is, do we even have such a miniaturized TN or N warhead, which can be flown in a cruise missile?

of course we have..agni is going for testing of MIRV..so sure India has achieved miniaturization or else we wouldn't be bothered..right??

Indian Miniature Hydrogen bomb:
VINTAGE 98 WARHEAD DESIGNS: India has perfected the art of developing tactical nuclear weapons, miniaturized hydrogen bomb warhead. India has perfected three nuclear warhead designs.

kalkitv - Thermonuclear Nukes. Hydrogen Bomb- Miniature W-88 Hydrogen Bomb (1050) Kalki Gaur

This is not a big deal to make Omni role fighter as Nuclear capable.
Pakistan Jf17 will also become nuclear capable as Nuclear capable Ra'ad cruise missile integration is in progress for the Jf17.

To make an Aircraft nuclear is not integration of a pilon OR rail rather Lead/Depleted Uranium slabs need to be added in critical areas of fuselage to avoid radiation damage/Electromagnetic Pulse on Radio, EW equipment/Mission Computers normal nukes radiate > ~10 rad or > 0.1 Gy

Electromagnetic pulse (EMP) is the high-energy, short duration pulse (similar in some respects to a bolt of lightning) generated by nuclear detonation,In scoot phase Aircraft needs protection.. It can induce a current in any electrical conductor and temporarily disrupt or Cause Shot-circuit or overload and damage components of improperly protected or unprotected electronic equipment.

Transient radiation effects on electronics (TREE). Nuclear capable aircraft need protection from EMP...

You cant Destroy an Aircraft or Just go for One mission worse your pilot may die midway due to Radiation effects which could be anything > ~10 rad/h or > 0.1 Gy/h

Adding this special Equipment increases Cost.

Lets not GET EMOTIONAL --- Sunny Jim Rather BE SHRUDE...

If I CAN DELIVER A Nuke effectively By Other systems, Why should I spend more to make my Aircraft expensive. Your F16 Block 52 can perfectly Do the Job.

Sunny Jim...I would like to think before spending even 1 paisa and evaluate Return on Investment.

Also --French are neither your friend or mine - ONLY MONEY!!

of course we have..agni is going for testing of MIRV..so sure India has achieved miniaturization or else we wouldn't be bothered..right??

kalkitv - Thermonuclear Nukes. Hydrogen Bomb- Miniature W-88 Hydrogen Bomb (1050) Kalki Gaur

but don't you think, W88 is too big to be carried by a cruise missile. Only W80 type bomb can be carried by a cruise missiles, which has yield upto 150kT. But If the above data is correct, then it's a good news. Since they can also be thrown by Brahmos, if put under a heat shield. :)

brilliant video of Rafale:

Last edited by a moderator:
yes doc, but i think IAF has already made it's mind:

Fighter deal bigger: 126 will rise to 260 | Deccan Chronicle

This reports take the nos. as 260 add to this 50 more if Navy jumps in the shopping spree, this deal can make Dassault people earn money without doing any work for coming generations.....:lol:

+ there can be another twist to the mmrca saga, assuming the LCA program does not come as expected & IAF only asks for some 50 odd LCA's than IAF will not be left with any choice but to add etc. nos to the mmrca. what do you think??
well u plz read the article again ,It has not been confirmed by IAF yet ,but chances are always there it would eventually increase for sure ,but the deal would be signed intially of 126 .Later it may be increased

well u plz read the article again ,It has not been confirmed by IAF yet ,but chances are always there it would eventually increase for sure ,but the deal would be signed intially of 126 .Later it may be increased

I think for the induction of 126 Rafale will stretch up to 2017/18. By that time we will have a good idea of LCA mark 2. If LCA mark 2 becomes mini Rafale with the help of ToT we are getting there won't be any need to Buy more Rafales.

tir-asmpa-02.jpg

Air-Sol Moyenne Portée - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its range is under 300km..so we could buy this one too..right??(now don't think i'm too greedy for western tech) :D

Weight 860 kg
Length 5.38 m
Diameter 300 mm
Warhead TN 81 nuclear warhead, 150 kt or 300 kt of TNT (variable yield)
Engine liquid-fuel ramjet
Operational
range between 80 km and 300 km
Speed Mach 2 to Mach 3
Launch
platform Dassault Mirage IV, Dassault Mirage 2000N, Dassault Rafale, and Dassault Super Étendard

thats a pretty good platform.though i prefer Brahmos or indian variants(air launched Nirbhay)...can anybody shed light that we can modify Rafale to carry and launch Brahmos in the centreline or not??

This is the missile.

And the pictures are very recent. Like couple of days ago recent.

3Qe2t.jpg

0wFZA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom