What's new

nuclear capable Rafale , fitted with American AESA deal set to close at lower price of Rs 60,000cr

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: THE HINDU

france_5bf9d194-d064-11e5-9215-0a2a26aeb03b.jpg

India and France are expected to close the purchase of 36 Rafale multi-role fighters from Dassault Aviation with the signing of an inter-governmental agreement including the commercial contract between the two countries next month. The deal is expected to be clinched at about Rs 60,000 crore, less than what was offered by France to India during the previous UPA government with 2011 being the base price year.

Top government sources said after the initial price of 11.6 billion euros (Rs 85,000 crore) with 2015 as the base year, Dassault brought it down to 8 billion euros (Rs 65,000 crore) with 2011 being the base year for fixing the cost per fighter.

This would have been the price of 36 fighters had India purchased planes at the cost quoted in the cancelled 126 multi-medium role combat aircraft (MMRCA) contract in which Rafale had emerged as the lowest bidder in comparison with Eurofighter.

“During Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to France in April 2015, it was bilaterally decided that the cost of each fighter would be 10-20% less than what was being offered in the MMRCA project; we expect the jet manufacturer to further reduce price and bring it down by another 700-800 million euros before the contract is signed,” a senior government official said.

However, the defence ministry under Manohar Parrikar is expected to further hammer down the cost by opting out of unnecessary or what are called “over-specified” add-ons in Rafale fighters as per the initial MMRCA contract.

“We expect the deal to close around Rs 60,000 crore with Rafale with first deliveries in 2019. The French company also has a separate option of manufacturing the fighter in the country under the Make in India rubric. For that Rafale will have to contest with Boeing F-18 and Eurofighter in case their respective governments allow them to manufacture these platforms in India,” a senior official said.

The deal was scheduled to be concluded during French president Francois Hollande’s visit as the guest of honour at the Republic Day celebrations on January 26 but was delayed due to protracted negotiations between both sides.

The nuclear-capable Rafale will be fitted with American AESA (active electronically scanned phased array) radar, top-of-the-line beyond-visual-range missiles and defensive weapon systems.

Now US AESA radar is being offered as per news reports so more prone to sanctions any time in future. India and US have nothing in common in world affairs except convergance of china issue and till how long this will continue ? Once border dispute issue resolvation in sight the US n India might find each other at oppsing hands

SU 34+SU mki are best way out till tejas in different categories gets ready and AMCA must be pursued vigorously. This MRCA deal is junked and better to shelve it now

@PARIKRAMA

What is this US Aesa Radar news -- any error or ??

Original reply as given in Dassault sticky

US AESA radar on Rafales ..
giphy.gif

Its an error sureshot... RBE 2 AESA is best fit for Rafale.. Or else we would have tried an Israeli one.. American one is too far away... On top such a customization will inflate Rafale customizations price further.

Original reply as given in Dassault sticky

View attachment 292936

Its an error sureshot... RBE 2 AESA is best fit for Rafale.. Or else we would have tried an Israeli one.. American one is too far away... On top such a customization will inflate Rafale customizations price further.

This radare RBE 2 AESA is ready or not ? i have read somewhere in russain forum that US aesa is being used as of now

There's a catch here. India will pay 8 billion Euros( 9 billion USD) with 2011 as base year? That mean it will cost around 7-8 billion USD at present rate.

What is this "Nuclear-Capable" all about? It seems Indian media love to use this term.

This radare RBE 2 AESA is ready or not ? i have read somewhere in russain forum that US aesa is being used as of now
i dont think this deal is working out and most likly will see similar fate as the MRCA deal while the USA just might get a heafty order for land version of advanced super hornets/growler and later the F-35C for indian navy & INS Vishal but thats another issue frenchies are asking for way too much ... and rafale still dosent have DSI :D

i dont think this deal is working out and most likly will see similar fate as the MRCA deal while the USA just might get a heafty order for land version of advanced super hornets/growler and later the F-35C for indian navy & INS Vishal but thats another issue frenchies are asking for way too much ... and rafale still dosent have DSI :D

where were you bro ? see after long time ?

where were you bro ? see after long time ?
well a TT who now happens to be mod and his side kicks a couple of TTs and some waana be TTs are reporting me banning me for no reasons in short im bieng victimised by them ... dont know why ? and the best part is none of the senior admins or management staff is seroulli looking into it .

What is this "Nuclear-Capable" all about? It seems Indian media love to use this term.
they are paid media presstitutes and are trying there level best to save this deal so there pay master remain in the deal in short nothing but yellow journalism and sensationalism

Hope that happens !! But there is no Plan B and Rafale is going to come, intially in small number, and later in large number 184 units replacing Jaguar as DPSA, strike, ground attack, SEAD, DEAD, Maritime Strike, Nuclear SFC and might be as carrier borne fighter aircraft with EMAL for IOC-2.

RBE 2 equiped Rafale joined French Airforce in 2010.

473518_568f39e2c2b1f391a384f31ea3100bba.gif

Thanks Brother

SU 34+SU mki are best way out till tejas in different categories gets ready and AMCA must be pursued vigorously. This MRCA deal is junked and better to shelve it now

Su-34 could have become the best contendor, if India would have inducted Su-24 in 80's and not Jaguar, and Mig -27, with license production by HAL. But now GOI, DM, IAF have zeroed for Rafale. AMCA timeline is 2030-2035 and still in premilinary design phase.

There's a catch here. India will pay 8 billion Euros( 9 billion USD) with 2011 as base year? That mean it will cost around 7-8 billion USD at present rate.

The numbers are reversed.. 2011 will mean 5 years escalation so price will increase not decrease,,
correct way is 2011 11.5 Bn Euros
2015 8Bn Euros
I mentioned that in dassault sticky

In October 2012, the French defence procurement agency (DGA: Direction Générale de l’Armement) officially took delivery of the Rafale “C137” (a single-seater aircraft for the French Air Force), the first production Rafale equipped with the Thales RBE2 “AESA” radar.

Screw Rafale , I will accept defeat but not rafale.

The French airforce has been upgrading their PESA to AESA since 2012. Not all Rafales at present is equipped with AESA, but the RBE 2 AA is ready.

The Hindu
As usual reporting $hit.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom