What's new

100% price escalation on Rafale fighter aircraft to Rs 1.75 lakh crore likely to dent IAF's strike c

Riding high on the waves of little new found wealth, like a "Mirasi" delusional Indians bit more than they can chew! Not is hard to swallow and difficult to spit.

Don't be so sure, india is in a fix now, after all that decade long drama, no other supplier (except Russia) will take you guys seriously anymore, everyone knows the pockets are not as deep as the propaganda was. LOL

OK, good for you then. Sorry, but I am not interested in responding to trolls that only want to make fun, and cannot contribute anything substantial. I hope this rant has given you the desperately needed ego boost for the day.

The parallel was, that they initially aimed on similar industrial and strategic benefits in return as well, which is why the government prefered the French option and that very openly. The result however is caused by the financial situation of Brazil today, just as Switzerland before, they simply can't afford more than the Gripen, even if it even meet certain technical requirements like in the Swiss evaluation. And if Brazil or the Swiss would have the same threat enviroment as we have, they might had chosen differently as well, but both reasons shows why our situation is different. The money is still there, the threat and the need is by far higher and the industrial return also much bigger.

The Gripen did not come cheap to Brazil - it costed 4.5 billion for 36 jets - 125 million a piece.

Rafale pricing wasn't much too different or much higher than 125 million, though one can argue about operational costs.

I gave my opinion in the context of this thread regardless if it's official or not, if the new is fake than why not ask the mod to lock this thread. I'm jump of excitement that we're not dependant of foreigner for our military and not because of your Rafale drama...but it's still so irresitible for us to see this...
cash-cow.jpg

We are not dependent of foreigner for our military ...is half baked truth .

China reaped off huge benefits after fall of USSR ..

Not only Russia but other USSR break out nations like Ukraine , Kazakhstan etc immensely supplied you with numerous arms ,weapon systems at throw away prices...

Even today China is someways dependent on Russia for high end advanced tech ...No matter how you may deny ....

Its time to junk this deal. I knew the figure of $12-15 Billion was false when they quoted so much for Mirage upgrade. Its for MoD and MoF to decide if its feasible for a country like India to spend $ 25 - 30 Billion for 120 odd planes considering an already ultra expensive deal of PAK-FA.

Somewhere a line has to be drawn. India cant afford to keep buying such expensive planes. There are other priorities as well and they must be looked into. The argument of Industrial return is useless because our Industry is not yet mature enough and spending $30 Bill. in hope for Industrial return is just a foolish decision which I hope MoD does not take.

Very valid points here, French increase the price because India asks for more TOT.

There is no more or less. What we need was clearly mentioned in our proposals to all competitors and after accepting their clauses, these jets came for the competitions.

This is stupid! The 120mn $ figure is including life support and development cost. EF 2000 costs 206mn$ if we do that. Simple thing AK Anthony is a fucking idiot. 2 months more and a real minister will come. Not this pygmy who can't even sign his name.

Come on, just buy the aircraft. And forget to get more TOT with higher price.
If you get the aircraft, you can do reverse engineering on them. You learn more.

That's how you also make enemies.

This is stupid! The 120mn $ figure is including life support and development cost. EF 2000 costs 206mn$ if we do that. Simple thing AK Anthony is a fucking idiot. 2 months more and a real minister will come. Not this pygmy who can't even sign his name.

You guys need to get a real defense minister. When I saw the handover ceremony of the INS Vikramaditya your defense minister was wearing a towel for pants. Seriously, how do you guys expect the world to treat you when your leaders show up like unkempt oompa loompas for major defense talks/deals.

You guys need to get a real defense minister. When I saw the handover ceremony of the INS Vikramaditya your defense minister was wearing a towel for pants. Seriously, how do you guys expect the world to treat you when your leaders show up like unkempt oompa loompas for major defense talks/deals.
Traditional dress dude. Its called the Dhoti.
I'm happy he does it. I do it occasionally too ;-)

Thats the traditional dress, not a towel..lol

31093eca1f04bfb9e5959c4e367f7a76.jpg

Man, this is why China and India should be close, this deal could do so much for India and China.

Man I wish we were in the mix. Damn.
Genesis I like your avatar man..... sorry for :offtopic:

go for tejas in bulk order atleast 200 mk1 300 tejas mk2 this will solve the problem
LCA-Tejas.JPG
:sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper::sniper:
The money pumped in domestic industry would sure pay off well for latter projects...

Last edited:

IDK why, my dad wears a dhoti in India sometimes.

But I lol'd irl.

Every Body: Just Chill.
Let the things get done. such news leaks are not important. what matter is nature of the ToT deal India and France have agreed upon. When details of that deal will come out in public, only then we will understand the reason of Price Hike.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom