What's new

Novel Iranian missile launch technique - Underground canisters

They will consume some energy to be ready on stand-by listening orders.

They must be bury in cloudy days (hard in desert), to avoid spy satellites, and I think something in the sand could be seen by satellites after bury them.

I think this concept would be useful in the sea too, in international waters (it doesnt matter if only you know the position), with underwater submarine launched missiles.

They must be bury in cloudy days (hard in desert), to avoid spy satellites, and I think something in the sand could be seen by satellites after bury them.

I think this concept would be useful in the sea too, in international waters (it doesnt matter if only you know the position), with underwater submarine launched missiles.

This has already been tested underwater I believe prior to development of the torpedo CM canister (forgot its name).

Also you are correct that SAR can detect recently moved earth. But Iran does not care about that as much, because these missiles are meant to be used in the first hours/days of conflict where Iran is attempting to decapitate the enemy’s assets. Thus these areas are located within major AD rings to intercept CMs that will be launched by the enemy in the opening hours/days of war.

Thus Iran’s BMs will launch from following ways

1) Silos
2) nearby Underground missile bases
3) Buried missile canisters
4) TELS
5) subs
6) underwater canisters
7) classified

Thus it basically guarantees Iran’s non-nuclear second strike capability. Meaning the enemy cannot launch a pre-empitive strike on Iran’s BM arsenal with enough confidence that it will eliminate a Destructive second strike by Iran in return.

This has already been tested underwater I believe prior to development of the torpedo CM canister (forgot its name).

Also you are correct that SAR can detect recently moved earth. But Iran does not care about that as much, because these missiles are meant to be used in the first hours/days of conflict where Iran is attempting to decapitate the enemy’s assets. Thus these areas are located within major AD rings to intercept CMs that will be launched by the enemy in the opening hours/days of war.

Thus Iran’s BMs will launch from following ways

1) Silos
2) nearby Underground missile bases
3) Buried missile canisters
4) TELS
5) subs
6) underwater canisters
7) classified

Thus it basically guarantees Iran’s non-nuclear second strike capability. Meaning the enemy cannot launch a pre-empitive strike on Iran’s BM arsenal with enough confidence that it will eliminate a Destructive second strike by Iran in return.
3 firsts are static .. just TELS are mobile ... subs still to be seen but I think Khoramshar could be used for it .... what about trains like Russia ?
Besides as much as I love Iran missile capabilities but we need to diverse our responses and options ,, like what we do with drones .. air force is needed too ...

I've written a blog post about the missile farms.

Missile Farms

August 09, 2020

While Western Media was busy mocking Iran's 'fake aircraft carrier', the aftermath of the July exercise revealed something much more intriguing - a novel launch technique that IRGC-ASF Commander Amir Ali Hajizadeh aptly dubbed 'Missile Farms'.

\/ full article at the link below \/

https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2020/08/missile-farms.html

Last edited:
The reason why superpowers haven't used the concept is that it is unlikely to survive a nuclear counter-force attack. Large areas and many decoys would be needed.

More importantly: Developing a ICBM and a nuclear warhead that does not need maintenance is very difficult.
In 2020 Iran has managed to do it for a TBM class missile.

I would say on top of maintenance your requirements, tactics, mobility, cost based on threat assessment and geographical location have a lot to do with it as well.

1. A superpower like the U.S. isn't in a defensive position around it's own boarders to require such launchers
2. Lack of mobility becomes problematic for countries involved in conflicts beyond their own boarders so for them the funds would be better spent on Airborne platforms.
3.For ICBM's if your going spend well over $10Million USD on an ICBM it would only be natural to spend millions more on Silos and launcher to ensure successful launch and also the vast cost of the ICBM would limit your stock and requirements for such launchers

Also, our large stock of Missiles have made the requirement for various type of launcher a necessity for us.

for every legitimate site you bury. its absurdly easy to fake 100+ fake sites all over the desert as well.

Good luck to american intelligence.

the biggest damage this will do will be to american intelligence. imagine what excruciatingly painstaking job it will be to have 1000s of trained eyes focusing on deserts to try and pick out that 1 real site from 100 fakes.. all the while dealing with mobile tels, missiles popping out of random mountains, and missile cities.

Iran is reaching a point where its missile forces are untouchable and can survive just about anything... including nuclear war.

Innovation indeed by Iran.
But I think it is not a 100% perfect plan, drones/SR-71s/spy satellites can't see the canisters underground, but you need to bury it underground first, and the burying process can be detected by them. It seems these canisters will be buried in desserts, but it is easy for yankees to detect since burying something in a dessert is apparent. Maybe Iran has some methods to make the bury process invisible as possible.
So, you mean these yankees record every square inche of Iran 24/7; recording every Iranian digging weeding etc. If these yankees have these Godly powers you allot to them they would have destroyed Iran decades ago.

So, you mean these yankees record every square inche of Iran 24/7; recording every Iranian digging weeding etc. If these yankees have these Godly powers you allot to them they would have destroyed Iran decades ago.
they were waiting for hours to see if it's safe to come out of their bunkers during the Iranian missile attack on their base. they do not have the capability yet but they want to get there because of hyper sonic weapons.

they were waiting for hours to see if it's safe to come out of their bunkers during the Iranian missile attack on their base. they do not have the capability yet but they want to get there because of hyper sonic weapons.
They won't get anywhere. They (US) falsely portray omnipotent/omnipresent/omniscient capability in order to bully opponent into submission and subjugation. According to their false narrative every US air base is impenetrable to enemies missiles. When their air base was hit they changed the narratives. Their global hawk was stealthy and undetectable until Iran hit it with just one bullet not two. Forget about false narratives of their omnipresent/omniscient satellites, they cannot detect missile under Iranian desert sand, period.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom