What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Pak Air Force jet crashes; pilot killed

ISLAMABAD (PTI): A China-made Pakistan Air Force jet crashed Wednesday while on a routine training mission in southwestern Balochistan province, killing the pilot.

"A F-7PG PAF fighter aircraft, while on a routine training mission, crashed 24 nautical miles north of Quetta (the capital of Balochistan)," a PAF statement said.

The pilot was killed in the crash, the statement said.

"No loss to civilian life or property on ground has been reported," it added.

The PAF ordered an official inquiry to determine the cause of the accident.

The Chinese-made aircraft came down near Pishin, 50 km from Quetta, shortly after taking off from an airbase, TV news channels reported.

This was the fourth air force jet to crash in three months, media reports said.

Two pilots were killed in recent accidents and a helicopter crash in June last year killed four military personnel.

The PAF has a large fleet of Chinese aircraft, including F-7PGs and A-5s.

It also operates US-made F-16s and French Mirage jets.

It recently inducted the JF-7 Thunder jet which was jointly developed by China and Pakistan.

RIP to the brave Pilot,,,, my condolence for the family!!!

May the pilot's soul rest in peace.

And the curse of vintage Mig-21s continues in the sub continent. I'm a bit curios about safety records of PLAAF J-7s.

And the curse of vintage Mig-21s continues in the sub continent. I'm a bit curios about safety records of PLAAF J-7s.

there shud be nbo comparison...India air force has lost many mig 21 than PAF ...so china safety record batter ...get it

What has Mig-21s anything to do with it....you cannot carry on with a vintage machine and expect it to be safe..., no???

there shud be nbo comparison...India air force has lost many mig 21 than PAF ...so china safety record batter ...get it

And here comes someone who has no idea about what is being asked and what is being discussed but still has to comment and vouch for China's record...Amzing!!!...

b/w can someone informed share data about how is PLAAF's record with J-7's look like???

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

they why u operate mig 21...they will be retired automaticlallyt

You are not making any sense...please read more and write less on this subject!!!

And here comes someone who has no idea about what is being asked and what is being discussed but still has to comment and vouch for China's record...Amzing!!!...

b/w can someone informed share data about how is PLAAF's record with J-7's look like???

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

You are not making any sense...please read more and write less on this subject!!!

j 7 has done well for PAF , some crasshed due to bad condition but ok...they are war heros...they defeyted India...and gave us vitireos in war.....now J 20 and J 10 wqill come soon...butth this is bnot to discuss that....rip to Martyrs

The answer to your questions.

The angle and time of ejection was the cause. He did eject, but during the final stages, moments before impact. The angle of ejection was 180 degree, and he went straight for the hills. Imagine, your crashing fighter upside down and you eject, with all the power from the rockets of seat, you slam into the hills.

That's what happened.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Take me as the source.

what you told about cause of crash and with such ease then what so secretive about it that PAF didn't chose to disclose it for general people? Even F-22 raptor crash reports were made available to public, then why this pathetic secretive behavior of PAF? todays leaks are not matching up and certainly my source told me so and so, and other came with his other source and told something else type pf things happening now a days are fast becoming unreliable

What has Mig-21s anything to do with it....you cannot carry on with a vintage machine and expect it to be safe..., no???

No, reasons for most of the crashes has been linked with faulty equipment and poor maintenance. And Chinese made some modifications in their J-7 (Mig-21 licensed production), so just wanted to know did those changes had any effect on its safety records, that's it.

No, reasons for most of the crashes has been linked with faulty equipment and poor maintenance. And Chinese made some modifications in their J-7 (Mig-21 licensed production), so just wanted to know did those changes had any effect on its safety records, that's it.

There were modifications, but PAF hasn't lost as many planes in as little time before. So there is definitely something wrong.

Either with the pilots or the plane. I mean we can blame a couple of crashes on flame-outs, bird strikes etc.....but not this many.

I hope they are quickly replace with the Thunders.

Back
Top Bottom