What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

The failure of the supposedly state of the art MB-16PK ejection seat(very similar to what goes into the F-35) has still not been clarified. was the ejection too late? Too close to the ground?
One should reference USAF accident reports to see the detail that is made public.

The answer to your questions.

The angle and time of ejection was the cause. He did eject, but during the final stages, moments before impact. The angle of ejection was 180 degree, and he went straight for the hills. Imagine, your crashing fighter upside down and you eject, with all the power from the rockets of seat, you slam into the hills.

That's what happened.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Who confirmed it btw? the unnamed sources?
Take me as the source.

The failure of the supposedly state of the art MB-16PK ejection seat(very similar to what goes into the F-35) has still not been clarified. was the ejection too late? Too close to the ground?
One should reference USAF accident reports to see the detail that is made public.

I was able to discuss the JF-17 incident with my source, the finding so far is that the aircraft was very low when it most probably suffered from a bird strike, albeit the pilot managed to eject, but due to the angle and low altitude, his parachute didn't fully deploy and the pilot virtually hit the ground.

Winddy, I talked to him and the sources he is quoting are quite strong.

What he posted over here, was told to the family of Flt. Lt. Haseef Alam. That means, either PAF told them the truth, or the lied to them to make them feel pride of losing son in line of duty, not to some technical fault. Let's see.

According to this extract
"Quetta - A Pakistan Air Force plane crashed in Pasheen, some 50 kilometer from here, on Wednesday, official sources said.

PAF spokesman said a F-7PG, China-provided fighter, crashed in Pasheen. Pilot was killed in the incident.

Local administration said pilot successfully ejected but sustained serious injuries which proved fatal . PAF officials reached the spot shortly after the incident . The PAF said that the plane was on training mission(The News Tribe)"

This is more closer to my version; the pilot had ejected safely & was shot dead.
PAF Plane crashes in Balochistan - Pilot embraced Shahadat | PakSoldiers

Please remain in the Radius of discussing the Crash and not derail the topic.

I was able to discuss the JF-17 incident with my source, the finding so far is that the aircraft was very low when it most probably suffered from a bird strike, albeit the pilot managed to eject, but due to the angle and low altitude, his parachute didn't fully deploy and the pilot virtually hit the ground.

Happens all to often. Ejection at low altitude.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Disturbed by the news, I have just managed to speak in detail with a PAF officer. Basically he said, the F-7PG crashed some 25 miles from it's base, at that point it was flying at around 20,000 feet and some 700 km/hour. Before making any wild assertions, it's worthy to note that insurgents have never attacked PAF , neither do they have the capability. No RPG or rocket can reach that height.
It's much easier to target a lumbering C-130 than a compact and fast jet fighter.

At 20,000 feet, no BLA can down a heli even, rather a fighter jet.

My source tells me that he was in Dubai when the JF-17 crash took place, the Indian delegation tried their best to capitalise on the situation and spoil the party for PAF. The PAF guy arranged and addressed a media conference, telling the audience that a JF-17 has indeed crashed in Pakistan but it no way relates to the participation in Dubai Air show. Furthermore if the JF-17 crash is to be mentioned in relation to Dubai show, then a break down of all other participants which have crashed over the years around the world should also be included. To the dismay of some, the media tone changed thereafter.

1- It is reported the a/c was crashed shortly after takeoff.

2- If pilot ejected from high altitude than he should come on ground safely.

3- When PAF arrived at the dead body of pilot, locals were already there.

Please remain in the Radius of discussing the Crash and not derail the topic.

I am asking myself what can be more worse that PAF might find the need to hide than the story of the crash itself?
The answer is possibly the pilot error, sabotage or hostile fire.
Your comment about ejection issue with JF-17 suggests that you are not satisfied with the findings and that made me recall the 2 incidents of ejection malfunction in British Hawk trainers belonging to Red Arrow team where two of their aces were lost due to ejection problem. They are fitted with martin-Baker Mk 10B ejection seat and British press did raise the issue with the seat as well but there was no follow up on that.

Coming to this accident I am not sure about the visibility but I can say that Baluchistan is normally very clear and hardly has an overcast like say Sindh or Punjab. The height maybe an issue at this speed whether its engine failure or pilot error one can only guess.
But I will rule out the hostile fire for sure otherwise the internet would have been buzzing by now.

reported by whom? please dont quote some Terrorist sympathiser's blog.

if true then its a big development and it seems that the powers have up'ed the game from attacking FC checkposts.

at point number 2, the aircraft could have been inverted, and prevented the pilot from ejecting.

and point three, locals are always there first. there is a reason they are called locals.

As the PAF guy said, if one is to believe all that is on the airwaves then it may as well be concluded that Mushaff Ali Mir was killed by the Americans.

at point number 2, the aircraft could have been inverted, and prevented the pilot from ejecting.

and point three, locals are always there first. there is a reason they are called locals.
Other than sharing your subjective re-enactment of the incident, can you kindly prove with something lil credible that pilot couldn't eject? One link will also suffice.
I have provided a link which suggests that pilot had ejected successfully.

Back
Top Bottom