What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

The fire happens after the plane hits the power cables right before impact. Not a contributing factor in my novice opinion, as regardless of the AOA of the aircraft, there is not enough thrust available to counteract gravity very quickly thus any aircraft would lose altitude regardless of its nose position. It is possible that a tighter more aggressive AOA/recovery out of the loop could have been achieved but FBW systems usually limit extreme maneuvers, generally for pilot and aircraft safety.
The new AGCAS (Auto Ground Collision Avoidance Systems) are a new safety feature in jet fighters, though I am not sure it would have helped in this instance. Here the pilot was in complete control and was applying the correct pressure on the stick to get out of the loop. Those type of feature would have helped in the many other crashes that have occurred in the PAF such as the first JF-17 crash of the Fokker 27 crash into the hillside due to zero visibility and worldwide every year (over a 100/yr alone in the US according to NASA)
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/Features/Auto-GCAS_Installed_in_USAF_F-16s.html

In real time the crash happened within 2 seconds or so once the pilot probably realized he was too low. Every human goes through a fight or flight mode, and PAF drills in discipline and nerves of steel in its pilots. Its evident that our dear Wng Cmdr fought till the end. May Allah grant him paradise and a place amongst His favored in the afterlife.

Photo shot of AC just before touches the ground...no fire
upload_2020-3-12_0-7-45-png.612928

Namaz- e Janaza at Muhsuf Base

ES4IDmCXsAAnilO

ES4IEdcXsAArC3U

RIP.

Suddenly we have so many expert pilots and flight safety experts....all these experts (idiots) just watched a video clip and figured out Pilot error..kamingy ki bhi had hoti hai..cant say it nicely idiots figured out everything just by sitting their sorry asses on the chair...

aina di phatechar CD 70 kharab ho jai tay ay saray mechanic de grease aalay tatty chat chat kar saaf karday nay pay aithay aina nu sara pata ay, Pilot fault, PAF shortcoming, ay jaaz e purana te kharan si...

beghairat log,

MODS can delete my post and encourage these idiots to bad mouth PAF Pilots and PAF.

Even if you flew F16 in the past, you were not in the cockpit to know what went on, and more importantly none of you was, is and most likely will never be Sher Afghan so shut your trap and stop insulting our Pilots and PAF.

Hi,

A knowledgeable person would be able to and should be able to make that distinction---. This is not out of the ordinary---.

" You were not in the cockpit " analogy does not work---.

Hi,

A knowledgeable person would be able to and should be able to make that distinction---. This is not out of the ordinary---.

" You were not in the cockpit " analogy does not work---.
How come PAF is putting their ace pilots and top machines into "air shows" is beyond me!!!! PAF pilots are dare devils and it is highly commendable, but the senior leadership is there for a reason...

Performance /Stunts using Jet engine aircrafts is always a risky business. Pakistan should limit public events performances to K8 which is more controllable during such situations. We should stop testing our luck with active assets considering danger to pilots. A flypast should be enough demonstration during such events.

First of all may Allah have mercy on our hero. May Allah give patience to his family in this time of great loss and sorrow. He was a brave man who was doing his country a great service.

I won't indulge in any hypotheses. This is all I have to say. Time has come to invest in our home grown fighters. US fighters are a thing of the past for the PAF. We won't be getting any in the future anymore. The US won't provide F-16 or any other fighter to PAF. It is also unlikely that we buy F-16s from third parties. It all depends on US approval which in all likelihood won't come. The US is in India appeasment mode which means that selling hardware to Pakistan is next to impossible.

That leaves Pakistan with few options. The best option is to keep investing in JV projects with China.

Keep and maintain the F-16s as long as they are able to fly. Start replacing these fighters with newer blocks of JF-17. We have the equipment and ability to keep the JF-17 in top notch flying condition.

Last edited:
And, Turkey...

Turkey is definitely another brotherly source that Pakistan must work with to acquire advanced fighters. I like Turkey's new 5th gen project. I have high hopes. Turkey has learnt a lot during F-35 participation. We can expect a solid 5th gen platform from Turkey. I admire Turkey's stance. It ditched the F-35 against all odds and went ahead with whatever it deemed right. Today the Americans are pleading Turkey to abandon S-400. Turkey stands firm. That is character and something we could learn a thing or two from.

Last edited:
I would wait for the final investigation report but the altitude when he began the loop along with ambient weather conditions seem to increase the probability of pilot error.

The F-16 is capable of serious maneuvering and putting that physical stress on a pilot. Couple that with the part time performances our pilots give; it only adds up to lower margins of error.

Look up blue angles crash of Capt Jeff Kuss.
Similar corkscrew into split S at a lower altitude than required for the maneuver.
@Knuckles @Hodor
F-16 designed for super maneuverable craft hence needed computer support to stabilize it with wire control, as per videos (available on you tube) a typical case of stalling probably low air pressure lost of thrust etc could be the cause....
Regards,

Read about 23rd March in details and its importance. Internet is full of details with history references.

Regards,

It was suppose to be celebrated as Republic day celebrating constitution , leaving the Dominion and taking its place in the modern world instead like all things in PK Ayub khan gave it a militarized look in 1958.

@The Eagle BTW who performed on 27 Feb in Karachi ? And how good is he regarded in PAF ? Like WC Noman won the trophy last year, quite famous and respected even by Alan warnes

Reason : The aggressive maneuvering might be due to a sort of personal competition between the pilots to perform better than the other, the pilot who performed in Karachi did pull out some aggressive maneuvers and it was one of the best performance of F-16 i have ever seen. Might be that WC Noman wanted to perform even better on 23 March ?

No. None of them ever compete in a sense to cross risk line. Never.... in-fact, they are the finest among jockeys and possess individual qualities that differentiate everyone of them from others. We all need to understand that Noman Akram or any other Viper Rider, isn't some sort of flying club youth. They reach the level to fly F-16s after a lot of beating of training, rugged & rouged an forged accordingly.

Karachi's weather was very clear/sunny and without mountains. Even an ordinary pilot will differentiate between mountain terrains and plains like Karachi.

No. None of them ever compete in a sense to cross risk line. Never.... in-fact, they are the finest among jockeys and possess individual qualities that differentiate everyone of them from others. We all need to understand that Noman Akram or any other Viper Rider, isn't some sort of flying club youth. They reach the level to fly F-16s after a lot of beating of training, rugged & rouged an forged accordingly.

Karachi's weather was very clear/sunny and without mountains. Even an ordinary pilot will differentiate between mountain terrains and plains like Karachi.

Seems he did eject but chute failed to function maybe because damage due to dense population of trees/branches. The death reason seems to be heavy fractures and serious injuries post/during ejection.

He tried his best till the last moment to save the jet because he couldn’t think of living with being associated with F-16 crash and given his high respect throughout the Airforce, he tried till last to save it.

Such is the Honor of our Men !!!
Allah Jisko izzat dena chahe, deta hai. Today he is trending on No.1 in Twitter Alhamdullilah. Wo bhi naam lerahe hain jo zindagi bhar fauj ko galian dete the.
#NomanAkram

Pakistan Zindabad
PAF Paa-inda-bad

Back
Top Bottom