What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

RIP.

Suddenly we have so many expert pilots and flight safety experts....all these experts (idiots) just watched a video clip and figured out Pilot error..kamingy ki bhi had hoti hai..cant say it nicely idiots figured out everything just by sitting their sorry asses on the chair...

aina di phatechar CD 70 kharab ho jai tay ay saray mechanic de grease aalay tatty chat chat kar saaf karday nay pay aithay aina nu sara pata ay, Pilot fault, PAF shortcoming, ay jaaz e purana te kharan si...

beghairat log,

MODS can delete my post and encourage these idiots to bad mouth PAF Pilots and PAF.

Even if you flew F16 in the past, you were not in the cockpit to know what went on, and more importantly none of you was, is and most likely will never be Sher Afghan so shut your trap and stop insulting our Pilots and PAF.

You need to relax people are giving their opinions because they are sad and concerned and on top of that it was a vital war asset. Secondly, have you ever came across any technical enquiry report of last three crashes? If not, then don’t dictate others they are entitled to express their opinions. Seriously you’re acting like those marwanian bundan, ty khany kheery.

Mods can delete me post if it’s inappropriate, but all those who are saying lets wait for enquiry report, are they certain that enquiry report will ever by published?

20k is a bit stretched. Applicants are closer to 8k but yes the chances of getting in are low. But not impossible. Getting selected on Vipers back in the early days were far more competitive due to the new nature of the aircraft capabilities.
Yeah I was trying to quote Kaiser Tufail about his experience but I appear to have erroneously replaced 2000 with 20000. Either way, 500 out of 8000 is still around a 94 percent attrition rate.

I made this map of the trajectory of the crash. Can some confirm if this is flightpath is accurate?

9XNGtkt.jpg

wz3wgn2gj4m41.jpg

Condolences to the family of Wing Commander Noman Akram.

That said, given that the F-16 is a more finite wartime asset than any other fighter in the fleet, the PAF should perhaps remove it from non-essential tasks (e.g., aerobatics). It doesn't have to be permanent, but until it has secured sufficient attrition reserves. Or maybe limit aerobatics to the ex-Jordanian ADFs (keeping the upgraded MLUs and Block-52+ out)?

Not just the fighter, but the pilots who man them are the best of the best, so the organization ought to consider keeping them away from non-essential activities such as this.

I wonder if proximity to Parade Grounds decided the allocation of a MLU fighter to aerial display duties. Obviously, the Blk 52s are too crucial to be tasked with the aerial display and I agree with your point.

Look at the nose and canopy completely intact while the rear fuselage is on fire.

View attachment 612926
The fire happens after the plane hits the power cables right before impact. Not a contributing factor in my novice opinion, as regardless of the AOA of the aircraft, there is not enough thrust available to counteract gravity very quickly thus any aircraft would lose altitude regardless of its nose position. It is possible that a tighter more aggressive AOA/recovery out of the loop could have been achieved but FBW systems usually limit extreme maneuvers, generally for pilot and aircraft safety.
The new AGCAS (Auto Ground Collision Avoidance Systems) are a new safety feature in jet fighters, though I am not sure it would have helped in this instance. Here the pilot was in complete control and was applying the correct pressure on the stick to get out of the loop. Those type of feature would have helped in the many other crashes that have occurred in the PAF such as the first JF-17 crash of the Fokker 27 crash into the hillside due to zero visibility and worldwide every year (over a 100/yr alone in the US according to NASA)
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/Features/Auto-GCAS_Installed_in_USAF_F-16s.html

In real time the crash happened within 2 seconds or so once the pilot probably realized he was too low. Every human goes through a fight or flight mode, and PAF drills in discipline and nerves of steel in its pilots. Its evident that our dear Wng Cmdr fought till the end. May Allah grant him paradise and a place amongst His favored in the afterlife.

Last edited:
The same aircraft #92730 as USAF F-16A block 15 #92-0406 from the 416th FLTS at Nellis AFB in 2003.

aem.jpg

Hi,

The question is why was a single pilot doing those moves---where was his partner---if no second aircraft---then why not---.

Who was doing the check and balance act---?

Basically today's crash resembles this crash of a Hunter during an airshow, the Hunter pilot however survived as he was thrown clear on impact but 11 people died on the ground,

No sight of ejection seat, how did the pilot survive?

PLZ PLZ PLZ instead of some cheesy qestern song PLZ insert rah e haq k shaheedo instead. It is evergreen song. It best serves in my view to remember shuhada instead of highway to danger zone type stuff particularly for shuhada
...just letting you guys know that I will most certainly be doing my part on behalf of ALL of us here at PDF by doing a Video Edit dedicated to only Wg Cdr. Nauman Akram (Shaheed).

I will require some time as I do not want to do a sloppy/cheesy type of vid that are coming out (as of late). I intend to give The Departed a dedication worthy of his service to the Pakistan Air Force and the Nation.

It will most certainly be released after the 23rd of March, as I would like to add the Missing Man Formation.

Note: To those who have judged my choice of music in the past can be rest assured. This one is personal. This one is from defence.pk

@Horus @Dubious @araz @Arsalan @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Dazzler @fatman17 @ghazi52 @Hodor @Irfan Baloch @Imran Khan @Knuckles @Socra @waz @Windjammer @Aamir Hussain @airomerix @Ahmet Pasha @Ali_Baba @ARMalik @Ark_Angel @Armchair @Arsalan 345 @Falcon26 @Flight of falcon @FuturePAF @HawkEye27 @Haroon Baloch @HRK @khanasifm @Liquidmetal @Maxpane @crankthatskunk @Cookie Monster @Dil Pakistan @graphican @GriffinsRule @Hakikat ve Hikmet @Haris Ali2140 @Jinn Baba @krash @Khanivore @khansaheeb @Knuckles @loanranger @Microsoft @mingle @Mrc @NA71 @PAKISTANFOREVER @Path-Finder @PWFI @Rafi @Reichsmarschall @Riz @Sabretooth @Shane @Signalian @Starlord @Stealth @StormBreaker @Super Falcon @_Sherdils_ @Syed Hammad Ahmed @TF141 @The Accountant @TheTallGuy @Thorough Pro @TOPGUN @Tps43 @TsAr @Vortex @War Thunder @ziaulislam @Zulfiqar @assasiner @PakSword @aliyusuf @PDFChamp @Ghessan @Metanoia @Counter-Errorist @Tank131

Back
Top Bottom