What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

You can see while the rear fuselage is on fire, both the nose and canopy of the aircraft intact when it hits the ground seems he remained with the aircraft until last minute, first trying to recover it and then avoiding the built up areas...making the supreme sacrifice.

But this is too much to give! He was worth more than the aircraft. leader of an elite squadron.

Question still remains though. Why he did not try to eject? Any technical reasons?

Last edited:
HA! There goes another one of them! Presents everything that he had on his palm. The warrior of the sky falls from it. Is that poetic? Tell me now, how many of us have witnessed this before? Seen, with our own eyes, a brother fulfill his pledge to us? Unsung yesterday, indebted millions today. That is poetic. Wah! Proved more faithful to us than to his son, his daughter. That sher ka bacha got what he always prayed for. Then there are thousands who stand right behind him, ready to step in his stead. Thousands more behind them. Just like he was only yesterday. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon! No doubt! But how many get to return the way he did?

"He was showing off"...ha! The man had hundreds of hours in that bird, had done the maneuver a hundred times before, had left two kids behind at home. He knew the risks better than any of us. Had spent years being broken and then remolded into the example of professionalism and you say he was just showing off? You think the man flying an F-16 over Islamabad in front of the entire nation needs to do anything more to show off?.....His mistake? Maybe. But pretty sure it wasn't because he was showing off. More sure he gave much more than any of us will ever have to. So if you can't respect what we owe him, respect what he gave, at least.

It hurts! I know. But take notes from the next sher who will replace him and perform this very routine.

Has happened to pilots whose only job is to perform these routines.

Girte hain shah sawar he maidan e jang mein.

Aptly said....
fair winds and clear skies Shaheen

I am soo sad to hear of this loss. This hurts..

That we lost such a valuable member of Pakistan and the Pakistan Airforce today is really very sad to me.

Time will tell the cause, i am sure of it. People here need to show respect for his sacrifice. This is a reality both he and his fellow airmen accept as a possibility of their profession. It is a bittersweet profession, we too know this.

My condolences to his young family. May they have the strength to cope in these trying times.

Last edited:
Nopes, it's becoming apparent that the aircraft malfunctioned right above Aabpara Market and the pilot steered it away from built up area.

''Just Coming Back From Crash Site. It Is Very Close To Pak-China Friendship Center. Having The Aviation Knowledge Specially About F-16 Fighting Falcon & After Watching The Crash Videos. I Came To This Conclusion That He Gave His Life To Protect Many Civilian Lives & Also The Important Buildings. He saved Pak - China Friendship Center, Aabpara Market, Serena Hotel & Took The Aircraft To Unpopulated Spot In Shakarparian. After Insuring The Safety of Above Mentioned Prospects He Didn't Have Enough Time To Eject May Allah Bless Him With Highest Level of Paradise ''..

89781708_2745391988901411_3217762564423286784_o.jpg

What direction was the plane heading just before it crashed? Was it going north, south, east, or west?

I would wait for the final investigation report but the altitude when he began the loop along with ambient weather conditions seem to increase the probability of pilot error.

The F-16 is capable of serious maneuvering and putting that physical stress on a pilot. Couple that with the part time performances our pilots give; it only adds up to lower margins of error.

Look up blue angles crash of Capt Jeff Kuss.
Similar corkscrew into split S at a lower altitude than required for the maneuver.
@Knuckles @Hodor

RIP.

Suddenly we have so many expert pilots and flight safety experts....all these experts (idiots) just watched a video clip and figured out Pilot error..kamingy ki bhi had hoti hai..cant say it nicely idiots figured out everything just by sitting their sorry asses on the chair...

aina di phatechar CD 70 kharab ho jai tay ay saray mechanic de grease aalay tatty chat chat kar saaf karday nay pay aithay aina nu sara pata ay, Pilot fault, PAF shortcoming, ay jaaz e purana te kharan si...

beghairat log,

MODS can delete my post and encourage these idiots to bad mouth PAF Pilots and PAF.

Even if you flew F16 in the past, you were not in the cockpit to know what went on, and more importantly none of you was, is and most likely will never be Sher Afghan so shut your trap and stop insulting our Pilots and PAF.

This is extremely upsetting and sad news. No one really cares about an Old F-16 - I certainly don't and I am sure neither does PAF.

It's the irreplaceable loss of a dedicated, brave & talented Fighter Pilot that is hurting us Pakistanis. I read this news in the morning and I can't get over it - it feels as if I have suffered a personal loss.

I wish to take this opportunity to offer my deepest condolences to His Family & PAF - God Bless you brother and accept your sacrifice and Grant you a place in Jannah :) Ameen.

PAF - If any member of your department is reading this, please take care of His young Family - this is the least we can do for him.

Is it just me or was the plane already on fire before it crashed.
RIP brave Son of the Soil.....
The Plane most likely hit power cables before ultimately crashing in the trees. Till now it seems to be a pilot error but lets wait for the official inquiry.

RIP.

Suddenly we have so many expert pilots and flight safety experts....all these experts (idiots) just watched a video clip and figured out Pilot error..kamingy ki bhi had hoti hai..cant say it nicely idiots figured out everything just by sitting their sorry asses on the chair...

aina di phatechar CD 70 kharab ho jai tay ay saray mechanic de grease aalay tatty chat chat kar saaf karday nay pay aithay aina nu sara pata ay, Pilot fault, PAF shortcoming, ay jaaz e purana te kharan si...

beghairat log,

MODS can delete my post and encourage these idiots to bad mouth PAF Pilots and PAF.

Even if you flew F16 in the past, you were not in the cockpit to know what went on, and more importantly none of you was, is and most likely will never be Sher Afghan so shut your trap and stop insulting our Pilots and PAF.
Cool down. The pilot who got killed today just proved himself to be human no matter of his OC or Sherafghan status. Could have happened to anyone in a similar situation.

HA! There goes another one of them! Presents everything that he had on his palm. The warrior of the sky falls from it. Is that poetic? Tell me now, how many of us have witnessed this before? Seen, with our own eyes, a brother fulfill his pledge to us? Unsung yesterday, indebted millions today. That is poetic. Wah! Proved more faithful to us than to his son, his daughter. That sher ka bacha got what he always prayed for. Then there are thousands who stand right behind him, ready to step in his stead. Thousands more behind them. Just like he was only yesterday. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon! No doubt! But how many get to return the way he did?

"He was showing off"...ha! The man had hundreds of hours in that bird, had done the maneuver a hundred times before, had left two kids behind at home. He knew the risks better than any of us. Had spent years being broken and then remolded into the example of professionalism and you say he was just showing off? You think the man flying an F-16 over Islamabad in front of the entire nation needs to do anything more to show off?.....His mistake? Maybe. But pretty sure it wasn't because he was showing off. More sure he gave much more than any of us will ever have to. So if you can't respect what we owe him, respect what he gave, at least.

It hurts! I know. But take notes from the next sher who will replace him and perform this very routine.

Has happened to pilots whose only job is to perform these routines.

Girte hain shah sawar he maidan e jang mein.

Very true and a very poignant understanding of the situation. Baat tou yeh hai kai fighter pilots face death everytime they sit in the cockpit and fly off into the air: there are hundreds of things that can go wrong with only fractions of a second to react to them. Even if all options fail, the ejection itself is risky and there is no complete guarantee of survivability. A fighter pilot risks his life when on duty whether during training or in combat, because their job requirements dictate that they take these risks. Thus it matters little to us that Wg Cdr Nouman Akram Shaheed died while practicing for a flypast or during an operation; the main thing is that he is gone, and the circumstances cannot change the loss we have suffered in any way.

Additionally, about 20k applicants try out for the Academy every year out of which around 500 are selected. Out of these 500, if we assume that all of them were commissioned (unlikely) not all of them will end up as fighter pilots. Assuming that 200 fighter pilots are commissioned, imagine only 20 of them being selected for F16 later on in there careers. All of these numbers are arbitrary and the ratios are what should be focused on. Every single Viper pilot in Pakistan belongs in the upper and most experienced ranks of our air force. There can be no second-guessing with regards to their motivations.

Condolences to the family of Wing Commander Noman Akram.

That said, given that the F-16 is a more finite wartime asset than any other fighter in the fleet, the PAF should perhaps remove it from non-essential tasks (e.g., aerobatics). It doesn't have to be permanent, but until it has secured sufficient attrition reserves. Or maybe limit aerobatics to the ex-Jordanian ADFs (keeping the upgraded MLUs and Block-52+ out)?

Not just the fighter, but the pilots who man them are the best of the best, so the organization ought to consider keeping them away from non-essential activities such as this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom