What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

89498474_2745560802217863_1686000166642909184_o.jpg

Pilot error unfortunately - he was close, almost made it. He needed more altitude and less air speed to make it safely to the other side of the loop. I wonder if he transitioned from the JF-17, may be that explains why he pulled a negative g inverted loop in a AoA limited aircraft. The JF-17 is capable of higher AoA's ..

I think John C. "Pappy" Herbst's fatal crash occurred under similar circumstances.
Yeah, the F16 is notorious for not being able to sustain higher AoA unlike its initial competitor the F18.

Yeah, the F16 is notorious for not being able to sustain higher AoA unlike its initial competitor the F18.

Yes, the LERX on the JF-17 allow for much better pitch authority - no where close to the F/A-18's of course since the JF-17's don't have a "V" twin tail to maintain lateral stability at higher AoA.

I'm really curious to know if its common practice for PAF pilots to switch back and forth between the JF-17's and the F-16's? @Windjammer

Had a heavy heart ever since I heard of this accident,
vector-arabic-calligraphy-condolence-translation-260nw-617747336.jpg

What a loss to fathom and recover from. We certainly appreciate everything he has done for his nations. His leadership will dearly be missed.

Do we know if this was one of MLU bird or one of the 52's?

Per my contact at 9sq - very few dry eyes in there. Excellent officer and commander, just a bad set of circumstances.

is it even conceivable that such error can happen with such an experienced officer and such a sophisticated and safe machine?
I have read many possibilities but find them unlikely because he was an experienced ACE and he was flying a very successful and safe American machine.
Very similar flight paths and results - except our pilot did not eject.

Officer Commanding.
The general perception now is that the compressor collapsed .
Doesn't explain the rapid acceleration during descent. And a compressor stall is very evident, one would have heard it in all the video recordings. I think it was largely due to his misjudgment and maneuver execution. Still I repeat, Investigation Boards are working on it.

Yes, the LERX on the JF-17 allow for much better pitch authority - no where close to the F/A-18's of course since the JF-17's don't have a "V" twin tail to maintain lateral stability at higher AoA.

I'm really curious to know if its common practice for PAF pilots to switch back and forth between the JF-17's and the F-16's? @Windjammer
Only experienced pilots get posted on JF-17 squadrons as until recently it didn't have a trainer version.
As for the martyred pilot, he was OC of his squadron a prime F-16 unit....no half measures there.

No. That is not ejection but that small tree... which in next frame looks like something over canopy.

View attachment 612923
Thrown out of the aircraft probably- from the limited information here it looks like he should have punched out.

Only experienced pilots get posted on JF-17 squadrons as until recently it didn't have a trainer version.
As for the martyred pilot, he was OC of his squadron a prime F-16 unit....no half measures there.
The term “bawling like kids” was used to describe 9sq pilots to me by one of them when I asked a while ago.

Thrown out of the aircraft probably- from the limited information here it looks like he should have punched out.
Exactly what i said earlier, the impact most probably threw him out as happened with an F-104 pilot attempting to land in a dust storm in Peshawar and more recently a British Hunter pilot during an air display.

Doesn't explain the rapid acceleration during descent. And a compressor stall is very evident, one would have heard it in all the video recordings. I think it was largely due to his misjudgment and maneuver execution. Still I repeat, Investigation Boards are working on it.
But that still doesn't explain the obvious acceleration during the decent, however let's wait and see.

Exactly what i said earlier, the impact most probably threw him out as happened with an F-104 pilot attempting to land in a dust storm in Peshawar and more recently a British Hunter pilot during an air display.

But that still doesn't explain the obvious acceleration during the decent, however let's wait and see.
Lots can happen during impact in this manner. I have heard of one US Marine Corps Colonel (Caddick is his last name I can remember) whose F-18 impacted on the ground during an airshow at Miramar, CA in the late 1980s. By some miracle he survived, impact itself during that instant was over 50G's.

Is that a cut image. But that can't be of today, as for displays they don't wear the JHMCS helmets.

...just letting you guys know that I will most certainly be doing my part on behalf of ALL of us here at PDF by doing a Video Edit dedicated to only Wg Cdr. Nauman Akram (Shaheed).

I will require some time as I do not want to do a sloppy/cheesy type of vid that are coming out (as of late). I intend to give The Departed a dedication worthy of his service to the Pakistan Air Force and the Nation.

It will most certainly be released after the 23rd of March, as I would like to add the Missing Man Formation.

Note: To those who have judged my choice of music in the past can be rest assured. This one is personal. This one is from defence.pk

@Horus @Dubious @araz @Arsalan @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Dazzler @fatman17 @ghazi52 @Hodor @Irfan Baloch @Imran Khan @Knuckles @Socra @waz @Windjammer @Aamir Hussain @airomerix @Ahmet Pasha @Ali_Baba @ARMalik @Ark_Angel @Armchair @Arsalan 345 @Falcon26 @Flight of falcon @FuturePAF @HawkEye27 @Haroon Baloch @HRK @khanasifm @Liquidmetal @Maxpane @crankthatskunk @Cookie Monster @Dil Pakistan @graphican @GriffinsRule @Hakikat ve Hikmet @Haris Ali2140 @Jinn Baba @krash @Khanivore @khansaheeb @Knuckles @loanranger @Microsoft @mingle @Mrc @NA71 @PAKISTANFOREVER @Path-Finder @PWFI @Rafi @Reichsmarschall @Riz @Sabretooth @Shane @Signalian @Starlord @Stealth @StormBreaker @Super Falcon @_Sherdils_ @Syed Hammad Ahmed @TF141 @The Accountant @TheTallGuy @Thorough Pro @TOPGUN @Tps43 @TsAr @Vortex @War Thunder @ziaulislam @Zulfiqar @assasiner @PakSword @aliyusuf @PDFChamp @Ghessan @Metanoia @Counter-Errorist @Tank131

Back
Top Bottom