What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

The loop is a very dangerous maneuver and its precisely dangerous because it doesn't look dangerous. You have to have perfect altitude in proportion to speed otherwise this is what happens. I know a family friend who died years ago in an f-6 and he couldn't pull out of a loop; there's numerous videos on YouTube where you'll see pilots get it wrong and paying the ultimate price. To Allah we belong and to whom we shall return!

the aircraft malfunctioned but he still went up for a split-s? okay.
Yeah the part about him steering the jet away doesn't make sense. If he encountered problems in that situation he would've ejected or did something else. Then again, the investigation board are doing their analysis.

In some videos, Yes. That is the mother of all confusions like i said earlier. At times, it looks like a S turn but then we see a loop but the altitude doesn’t explain that. Definitely something wrong with the aircraft...

Yes, loss of consciousness can not be explained since the aircraft was actively pulling up but with insufficient force and the crash wasn't a direct nose impact.
i just watched a vid....jet had black smoke during flight.....possibly hinting at Compression stall.....but, again thats immediate factor.....need to know the underlying factor for preventing reoccurrence

View attachment 612879
Who knew. That from this Pic. Both pilots would leave this world flying Vipers. The man on the left is the one who crashed this morning. The one on the right was the last Viper crash from mid 2009. Both loved their professions and died what they loved doing. Got nothing more other than respect. May they rest in peace for their departure from this world.
Ironic isn't it? SL Saud on the right.

I have seen the videos, sadly it was pilots fault and he had very limited time to eject, May Allah bless his soul. I think low flying and these acrobatic maneuvers should be banned.

Yeah the part about him steering the jet away doesn't make sense. If he encountered problems in that situation he would've ejected or did something else. Then again, the investigation board are doing their analysis.

some members just dont use rational and critical thinking to asses cert
Yes I am. But my word is not going to be close to what the investigation board will come with.
what do you fly?
thanks

People who are claiming it a pilot error have no knowledge of aviation . Shame on you guys . WC nouman was top gun , best of the best f16 pilot .won sher afgan 2019 trophy . He was an asset to paf .
Rest in peace shaheed WC Nouman akram .
High chance it was pilot error as the best have died in this profession from a miscalculation. The Investigation Board will know more.

some members just dont use rational and critical thinking to asses cert

what do you fly?
thanks
PM me and we'll talk about my work and experience. Let's leave the thread open for discussion for the crash.

Ironic isn't it? SL Saud on the right.
Yes it is him on the right

Guys, I am posting another video related to technicalities of a loop maneuver. The purpose of sharing this video is not accusing the pilot of any error but sharing of information to the aviation enthusiasts like me.

Few important points discussed are as follows:
  • Jet must be at sufficient altitude to perform "loop the loop" maneuver. This allows pilot a margin of error in case something goes wrong with plane or the maneuver itself.
  • If pilot experience any malfunction with Jet while pulling up to gain the altitude for the maneuver, he can invert the jet and simple exit from the maneuver.
  • During the last stage of the maneuver when the aircraft is heading towards the ground, the G Force is extremely high since the pilot is pulling hard to pitch round. This could result in pilot getting blacked-out.
I am aware that pilots are very well trained to tolerate excessive amount of G-Force but human body has certain limitations.

High chance it was pilot error as the best have died in this profession from a miscalculation. The Investigation Board will know more.
this is what i am trying to say @Knuckles

PM me and we'll talk about my work and experience. Let's leave the thread open for discussion for the crash.

Yes it is him on the right
that other guy in the picture is doomed I feel it

I honestly suspect wrong altimeter setting. He was already very low to begin with the vertical climb. I have seen previous aerobatics by f16 as well on 23rd march. The aircraft used to be a lil higher than it was this time.

Back
Top Bottom