What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

The AB was disengaged upon decedent which should give him enough maneuverability to execute a full loop upon pull up. But yes, not enough height points out to @Hodor assumption of wrong altimeter settings.

There will be a shake up after this incident for sure. Whenever a tragedy happens, we rewrite the rules.

It is the same for aviation everywhere in the world.
Altimeter setting is what came to my mind too, but the rest of his maneuvers looked in a normal trend as the previous demos, not to mention focusing a lot on the HUD for altitude could have taken his judgment and feel for what the altitude should be instead of what it could be. I feel it was very much an error on his side for pulling too early, the same maneuvers are flown by the Block 60 demo pilots and they execute it flawlessly. Either way, the investigation board have already started their process.

ES1nm1wXQAUVnqq

Altimeter setting is what came to my mind too, but the rest of his maneuvers looked in a normal trend as the previous demos, not to mention focusing a lot on the HUD for altitude could have taken his judgment and feel for what the altitude should be instead of what it could be. I feel it was very much an error on his side for pulling too early, the same maneuvers are flown by the Block 60 demo pilots and they execute it flawlessly. Either way, the investigation board have already started their process.
Report coming in that the pilot completed the loop but the stall prevented him from Gaining altitude again and hence crashing in the forest while ejecting.

Is this confirmed ? Does look legit.
@Windjammer

Inna lillahi wa inna illahi rajioon

a brave solider he was ,
on a side note. PAF make sure that no one can have a photo of the crashed F-16 except PAF profesionals, due to security reasons.
I hope they understand the warfare concept.

Altimeter setting
What about situational awareness, that canopy provides plenty of viewing space to look out and see the ground.

When war games are conducted, they generally set the floor at a few thousand feet AGL to be treated as actual ground level to avoid just these kind of situations.

Seems like a low cloud cover day as well, which again, he should have been aware of..

All pointing to pilot error/bravado..

Tragic loss of life, condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad news indeed may ALLAH rest his soul in peace AMEEN !!

most likely pilot did not top off the altimeter

how can I PM ?
Its a standard in PAF to set the switch to RDR Alt rather than auto or Baro

Hey,
That came to my mind as well, but it isn’t good or ethical to say such,
The guy in the mid, May Allah protect him from any such accident...

BTW, there is a guard as well if you look closely, behind them all...

Who is responsible for setting that ? USA Technical team or PAF technical team ?
Altimeter is set by the pilot as per the area/terrain he's flying on.Search for QNH,QFE,Baro and Alt Rdr.

Still can't believe that a pilot like Noman Akram will pull that loop like this.. In start of loop, seems like jet was slow as compare to its speed rocketing back to earth.... something seems strange in this video... I am just guessing on the basis after watching lot of recoveries in similar loops. Wasn't climbing with that pace as usual.. the recovery was too fast for a loop that too on such a height. What I find strange that it should have been going the other way to complete such a circle.

@Knuckles @Hodor @airomerix @Windjammer

by the way, wasn't it HMDed?
He was wearing simple HGU 55 helmet.
Helmet here isnt the concern,HMCS will show same figures the hud is showing.

He had barely started the show,crash happened almost at the start of the display.

What about situational awareness, that canopy provides plenty of viewing space to look out and see the ground.

When war games are conducted, they generally set the floor at a few thousand feet AGL to be treated as actual ground level to avoid just these kind of situations.

Seems like a low cloud cover day as well, which again, he should have been aware of..

All pointing to pilot error/bravado..

Tragic loss of life, condolences to his family and friends.
You cannot tell what's your altitude just by your eyes.

The CARA ALOW is set to 300ft by default in F16,at 300ft computer asks you to deploy your gears.

MSL FLOOR is set to 10000ft by default.

Its a standard in PAF to set the switch to RDR Alt rather than auto or Baro

Altimeter is set by the pilot as per the area/terrain he's flying on.Search for QNH,QFE,Baro and Alt Rdr.

He was wearing simple HGU 55 helmet.
Helmet here isnt the concern,HMCS will show same figures the hud is showing.

He had barely started the show,crash happened almost at the start of the display.

You cannot tell what's your altitude just by your eyes.

The CARA ALOW is set to 300ft by default in F16,at 300ft computer asks you to deploy your gears.

MSL FLOOR is set to 10000ft by default.
And what if the terrain is mountainous? How is the altitude set ? Or is there any sort of proximity sensor or some sort of detection to actively assist in capturing the current ground distance ?

Heard, PAF will go for missing man formation on 23rd?
Someone in this thread did suggest, it would be extremely cool and great to see such an honorary act by PAF if happens...

And what if the terrain is mountainous? How is the altitude set ? Or is there any sort of proximity sensor or some sort of detection to actively assist in capturing the current ground distance ?

Someone in this thread did suggest, it would be extremely cool and great to see such an honorary act by PAF if happens...
It doesn't matter if you are flying over mountains or sea.If you dont want to crash you have to Turn On your Rdr Alt switch.If its turned off then aircraft will give you wrong figures.The other way is to contact relevant ATC and set provided QNH in your altimeter.

PAF uses first method as standard,so you dont have to ask ATC and its more reliable.

Back
Top Bottom