What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

12 crashed in 18 months!!! what is going on!!! is our training lacking or is it just the flying coffins our pilots are flying!

13 total crashes since MAY 2011!!

12 crashed in 18 months!!! what is going on!!! is our training lacking or is it just the flying coffins our pilots are flying!

13 total crashes since MAY 2011!!

We are in a war like scenario.....daily flying sorties has increased as PAF launches strikes against militants.

More over some losses were unavoidable like the bird strikes or there was even the unfortunate mid-air collision between two Mashaq trainers....hence it wasn't all down to technical or maintenance issues. !!

We are in a war like scenario.....daily flying sorties has increased as PAF launches strikes against militants.

More over some losses were unavoidable like the bird strikes or there was even the unfortunate mid-air collision between two Mashaq trainers....hence it wasn't all down to technical or maintenance issues. !!

Ohhh please windy ... lets just put PAF patriotism aside. We are operating a large number of aging fleet and most of the crashes are mirage. As far as i know 3 to 4 birds were lost in Karachi and from here aircraft are not operated for strike missions in Tribal areas.

I won't hesitate calling old mirages Flying Coffins.

Ohhh please windy ... lets just put PAF patriotism aside. We are operating a large number of aging fleet and most of the crashes are mirage. As far as i know 3 to 4 birds were lost in Karachi and from here aircraft are not operated for strike missions in Tribal areas.

The reason PAF crashes are increasing at an alarming rate and pilots are getting killed is because we are not getting the budget to buy any new fighter. It's been over 40 years operating these Mirage.

The reason PAF crashes are increasing at an alarming rate and pilots are getting killed is because we are not getting the budget to buy any new fighter. It's been over 40 years operating these Mirage.

Thanks to Democracy ...

actually our inventory is quite old now ,
we need to bring some new jets , and other thing double engine jets are more safe as compared to single ones ........

I won't hesitate calling old mirages Flying Coffins.

Dude i'm not saying that all the aircraft are in top nick.....obviously over the years they have had their fair share of ware and tare. The aircraft that crashed around Karachi may have not been flying any combat missions but it's worth remembering that the Mirage OCU is also based in Masroor. !!

war like scenario....well USA is at WAR! we don't se them losing a plane a month! reason is we truly have flying coffins! Mirages have served us superbly for over 3 decades its time we retire them. time for us to move to J10s and JF-17s!

! reason is we truly have flying coffins! Mirages have served us superbly for over 3 decades its time we retire them. time for us to move to J10s and JF-17s!

good call
lets find the finds for them too, should we try asking PPP govt to halt stealing state money for the rest of its tenure?
I know expecting money back from Swiss accounts is a dream never coming true but maybe we will be able to save much for some new jets for the remainder of the time?
democracy is the best revenge yea? why not use this revenge against our adversaries?

The problem is that 3rd Generation Jets have an airframe like of 2000 Hrs or 20 Yrs

But we see PAF like IAF flying them well beyond their expected life

The problem is that 3rd Generation Jets have an airframe like of 2000 Hrs or 20 Yrs

But we see PAF like IAF flying them well beyond their expected life

totally true,

when the French came few years ago on a visit them they were surprised that these decade old mirages were still able to fly. but they strongly advised to ground them because there is only much an airframe can take.

issue is limited resources vs operational demands. and sometimes things dont turn out too well for aircraft and/ or the pilot

November 14, 2011; the PAF JF-17 that crashed during a sortie from Kamra was ??-127.
January 25; the PAF FT-7P that crashed was from 19 Squadron.
July 5; delete reference to an unidentified PAF trainer crash - the aircraft involved was civilian Flightstar II SL microlight - AP-ZAK

Back
Top Bottom