What's new

Not just Madhya Pradesh: Denying eggs to malnourished children is common in BJP-run states

is it???
If so, why did you bring Kerala into discussion??? (and not to forget the "sickular peeps" and your skin.)
I brought it in because this is a non issue to begin with, when people didn't cared much for that incident they shouldn't bother about this one either. This issue is nothing but an oppurtunity for Modi haters to take a dig at him/BJP.

as far as sickular peeps and skin is concerned that was just friendly banter. :p:

I brought it in because this is a non issue to begin with, when people didn't cared much for that incident they shouldn't bother about this one either. This issue is nothing but an oppurtunity for Modi haters to take a dig at him/BJP.
Modi was hardly mentioned on this thread, it was about eggs and more eggs.
I think the discussion would have remained sane if you had not brought sickularism into picture.

as far as sickular peeps and skin is concerned that was just friendly banter. :p:
I'm offended... not that you would care.
The way you went on and on about my state and my ppl, i do doubt it was done intentionally.

it dosnt work in the south as many in the south eat non-veg, it dosnt matter if the schools do not give eggs, they eat at home, the midday meals run by ISKONS akshaya paathra doesnot give eggs but give milk,
Govt sponsored midday meals are aimed at poor people. I am not an expert on nutrition, if milk is a good replaceent for eggs, and govt can afford it, then why not?
Problem is we are talking about MP, a really poor state with 20 percent or more tribal population. If anybody deserves a good midday meal, its these guys surely.
And in those far flung areas, I wont be surprised if daal is mostly water (a fate that awaits for milk). Eggs are a whole package, its easier to audit how many eggs you gave to your kids per head.

My research says this
View attachment 226744

and for eggs
View attachment 226745

That makes Rs 5.333 for an egg.
A child in anganwadi is given about 2 eggs in a week which would cost about Rs 11 while a glass of milk (250ml) would cost around Rs6.75. I dont see much difference. I'm sure the prices would come down further when bulk prices are taken into consideration.
So it Milk Vs Egg now??

The pricing chart I gave you would suggest about Rs.3/- per egg, when contracted in huge numbers, would probably fall further. Milk cost outside Karnataka is much higher, in the mid 30's. I'm not suggesting that milk can be substituted by eggs, just laying the facts on the table.

The pricing chart I gave you would suggest about Rs.3/- per egg, when contracted in huge numbers, would probably fall further. Milk cost outside Karnataka is much higher, in the mid 30's. I'm not suggesting that milk can be substituted by eggs, just laying the facts on the table.
No nutritionist would ever suggest removing milk from your diet, i can bet on that.

What makes you think I am middle age...
It was very visible in your profile till sometime back. Lol
This is off topic, I dont intend to discuss your age on the forum( not my style!!). I hope you will be able to contribute better in this discussion hereafter.

Modi was hardly mentioned on this thread, it was about eggs and more eggs.
I think the discussion would have remained sane if you had not brought sickularism into picture.

I'm offended... not that you would care.
The way you went on and on about my state and my ppl, i do doubt it was done intentionally.
Apologies if you felt that way but it just friendly banter nothing serious.

Govt sponsored midday meals are aimed at poor people. I am not an expert on nutrition, if milk is a good replaceent for eggs, and govt can afford it, then why not?
Problem is we are talking about MP, a really poor state with 20 percent or more tribal population. If anybody deserves a good midday meal, its these guys surely.
And in those far flung areas, I wont be surprised if daal is mostly water (a fate that awaits for milk). Eggs are a whole package, its easier to audit how many eggs you gave to your kids per head.
According to this chart Pulses is as good a source of protein as Egg
CGeNJ1FVIAAAJaO.png

Sorry, he does not seem to agree with you. He wants on vegetarians on the colony he is going to create on Mars.

Only vegetarians will be allowed to go to Mars | Grist

what that hippie website didn't say it that taking even poultry to mars may not only have scenario of disease during the travel but also during the creation of the settlement.

but i am sure that the travel to mars will take along egg in powdered form and beef and chicken, though it can be expected that artificial eggs, meat and milk will be available by 2022 or so.

but do tell me if there has been a shuddh vegetarian elon musk from bangalore.

Most would also suggest an egg for a growing child......
Now would a nutritionist suggest an egg if you're a vegetarian??
Ofcourse not!
He would ask you to increase your intake of protein through pulses.

Now would a nutritionist suggest an egg if you're a vegetarian??.

Many vegetarians make exceptions for eggs but I'm saying that it would be recommended and it is for the individual to look for alternatives if they have religious or dietary preferences. Vegans might not drink milk but the recommendation would still hold validity & those who wish to and can follow it, should.

According to this chart Pulses is as good a source of protein as Egg
CGeNJ1FVIAAAJaO.png

plant protein cannot replace animal protein(which contains most essential amino acids).
pulses + milk might be an alternative, if it is for yourself. Consult a nutritionist.

Many vegetarians make exceptions for eggs but I'm saying that it would be recommended and it is for the individual to look for alternatives if they have religious or dietary preferences. Vegans might not drink milk but the recommendation would still hold validity & those who wish to and can follow it, should.
i agree.

Back
Top Bottom