What's new

Not just Madhya Pradesh: Denying eggs to malnourished children is common in BJP-run states

ofcourse ... sikularism knows no gender boundaries
what exactly is your problem???
is it my gender??? my being an ominist?? or that I'm a vegetarian??
Yes, I'm a secular keralite, and I dont care what you think about me.

what exactly is your problem???
old-lady-young-optical-illusion-243x300.jpg

I can't seem to figure out if its a lady or an old woman.
y shouldnt he be ??
he is enjoying the "fruits" of nature.
Sure he is ... when did I object.

More Rubbish and ignorance.

It was the Kings and queens of Kerala who took up the burden of education and ensured Kerala was the most educated part of India even before Independence.

This was very much in line with the importance of education in kerala and Hindu culture. Schools were established in EVERY village.

Parvathy Bhai of Travancore in 1817 passed a royal order that "The state should defray the entire cost of the education of its people in order that there might be no backwardness in the spread of enlightenment."

That's right, FREE EDUCATION in kerala by their Hindu Kings and Queens.

The most important among them was the educational policy followed by the Travancore Government under one of its ablest Diwan- T.Rama Rao. The main achievement was the creation of the Vernacular Education Department. The next milestone was the year 1871 when it was decided that every ‘pokuthy’or ‘village’ should have its own school. In 1879 grant in aid rules were made applicable to all private schools, provided they were imparting vernacular education up to a certain standard. In 1904 Travancore government took up the responsibility of imparting free primary education to all children in the state and fees were abolished in all schools and salary grants were made to private schools kept for backward classes. An education code was introduced in 1909-10 effecting comprehensive reforms in the classification, management, accommodation and equipment of schools. Restrictions in lower castes in government schools were removed in 1911-1912. In 1917 rural schools were also started for the benefit of the pupils who were unable to going for education due to poverty or other cause. In view of the people’s demand and the collegiate level institutions in the state, on Ist November 1937, the University of Travancore was established and incorporated under the Travancore University Act 1937-38

To figure out how christians in kerala got control of education, read up on John Munro and how he emasculated the temples and Hindu organizations in Kerala. But NO, you would not do that. You would rather wallow in ignorance and blame the Hindus. :sick:

While temple money was stolen, church was funded and land grants made to them. Temples were made poor so that they could not compete against the Church. The result ?

Number of Schools under Christian Management in 1908

Denomination/Diocese No. of Schools
Protestant LMS 393
Salvation Army 74
CMS 296
Church of England 16
Total 779

Latin Catholics Archdiocese of Verapoly 130
Diocese of Quilon 147
Diocese of Cochin 92
Total 369

St. Thomas Christians Vicariate Apostolic of Cnanganacherry 424
Vicariate Apostolic of Ernakulam 178
Vicariate Apostolic of Trichur v 186
Total 788

Non Catholic Syrians 272
Mar Thomites 97
Syrian Archdiocese of Malankara (Jacobite) 175

Grand Total 2208

The Mappila Rebellion was quelled by the Gorkhas. Not by Brit soldiers.

The land distribution was done by the communist govt, not the British govt. LOL.

:lol: ..... do you really believe such rubbish ?

Ya ......... its all the Hindus fault. You are pathetic.

Why does the "secular" congress govt and mulayam singh provide free burning of dead bodies for Hindus who die by the ganga ?

Are they not aware of the hindu customs and beliefs ?

LOL. Only a PIG will search for pearls that come from the @ss. Enjoy eating my "pearls".

Of Course you are right.But did they allowed low caste people in the that schools ? We have had enough stories about the rejection of low caste people from public schools because high caste teachers and students wouldnt allow them in there.
Even some reniassance leaders faced that.
The church and Christian missionaries
exploited that .You shoulf also consider the untouchability prevailed in that time where low caste cant even go nearer to the temples.

They have had monopoly in education.That is why they protested when NSS starts education institutions.
Christians had total monopoly in education at that time.

Foreigners and Christians used those opportunity because Hindus as one community was totally fail.

More BS as usual.
This was a fact that told to me by one of my rightwing friend from Nilambur.

Well there was a guy from Malabar in .my college .He has blue eyes.I asked to him about it and said his father also had suchfeatures.
Now you cant see such people generally in Kerala.

Communism was more successful against Hindus and Brahmins property.
Neither Congress nor Communist did dare to question Muslims personal rights .Malabar is totally different than other parts of Kerala.

Why couldnt we force all those secular govts until now to build more facilities around that area?
Why couldnt we force to shutdown the hotels and industries that pump all those waste in to Ganga.?
What about the unhygenic surroundings of temples in Northern India ?

it dosnt work in the south as many in the south eat non-veg, it dosnt matter if the schools do not give eggs, they eat at home, the midday meals run by ISKONS akshaya paathra doesnot give eggs but give milk,

whats the cost of an egg???
The whole debate is about BJP did it. Not egg vs Veg. Do you really think people in India care about what poor kids get to eat or not? had that been the case we wouldnt be having cases where kids fell sick after such meals.

My research says this
upload_2015-6-2_12-35-59.png

and for eggs
upload_2015-6-2_12-37-13.png

That makes Rs 5.333 for an egg.
A child in anganwadi is given about 2 eggs in a week which would cost about Rs 11 while a glass of milk (250ml) would cost around Rs6.75. I dont see much difference. I'm sure the prices would come down further when bulk prices are taken into consideration.
So it Milk Vs Egg now??

old-lady-young-optical-illusion-243x300.jpg

I can't seem to figure out if its a lady or an old woman.
Are you straining your eyes too hard??? Middle age has started to take its toll on you. Lolzzz

Slave mentality at its finest.... thats why in MP we ignore these people....they can cry a whole arabian sea. lulz

Who gives a shit whether you ignore us or not ?
If you have something to debate then do it directly.Fortunately we are not a dumb to blame entire people in MP.And if we begin to ctalk about MP then things wont be good for you.

So Shut the FUp.
Stay on topic.

The whole debate is about BJP did it. Not egg vs Veg. Do you really think people in India care about what poor kids get to eat or not? had that been the case we wouldnt be having cases where kids fell sick after such meals.
is it???
If so, why did you bring Kerala into discussion??? (and not to forget the "sickular peeps" and your skin.)

Is it a glass of milk once a week?
I'm sure glass of milk is not given on daily basis. Its once or twice a week.
Btw its Rs5.33 for an egg. :)

Back
Top Bottom