What's new

Not just Madhya Pradesh: Denying eggs to malnourished children is common in BJP-run states

Secular in this thread are like ... how dare they..
egg-meme-1_o_870063.jpg

this debate is quite old, its more vegetarian vs nonvegetarian debate than bjp vs nonbjp debate. Veggies not only dont want their kids to remain vegetarian, they want rest to follow their principle. It has become a proselytizing religion. Veggies act like catholics of middle ages, its their duty to wean people away from bad stuff, and save their souls.

The deep entrenched position comes from that, not mere political affiliation.
Thats not true!!!
My mom's a vegetarian and my brother is a strict non-vegetarian.

Its NOT a vegetarian Vs non-vegetarian debate. Its a futile exercise.

now you have a problem with women???

I dont think so.

He's probably correct. Do a back of the hand calculation using the price of a litre of milk (250-300 ml in a glass) and you would probably get a figure that is more than the budget allocated for a meal.

this debate is quite old, its more vegetarian vs nonvegetarian debate than bjp vs nonbjp debate. Veggies not only dont want their kids to remain vegetarian, they want rest to follow their principle. It has become a proselytizing religion. Veggies act like catholics of middle ages, its their duty to wean people away from bad stuff, and save their souls.

The deep entrenched position comes from that, not mere political affiliation.
i have seen the children of some of the aforementioned "veggies" while i was in school hostel. in their homes they were like strict veggies. the moment they came out of their homes, they became the highest order carnivores.
i feel, we indians, have a long way to go, to be recognized as "free thinkers".
we shall remain stuck between "sickulars / communist/ rightist/ leftist etc etc " for a long long time.

i have seen the children of some of the aforementioned "veggies" while i was in school hostel. in their homes they were like strict veggies. the moment they came out of their homes, they became the highest order carnivores.
you just described me... :cheesy:

He's probably correct. Do a back of the hand calculation using the price of a litre of milk (250-300 ml in a glass) and you would probably get a figure that is more than the budget allocated for a meal.
But we were talking about proteins. The opening line of the article says egg is a major source of protein and that MP's CM refuses to give it to the children in anganwadi.
Now who doesnt know that pulses are also a source of protein??? Pulses are eaten by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
Btw you dont get eggs for gratis? do you? so I want to know how much does an egg cost in India?? Lol

Egg..No egg I dont have an issue. I think children should not be forced to eat a particular meal.
Typically a varied diet(veg/non-veg) gives more nutrition.

Doesn't matter then I call you a man.
No big deal!
My gender should not be an issue.

i feel, we indians, have a long way to go, to be recognized as "free thinkers".
we shall remain stuck between "sickulars / communist/ rightist/ leftist etc etc " for a long long time.
Whose stamp is it that you yearn for?

But we were talking about proteins. The opening line of the article says egg is a major source of protein and that MP's CM refuses to give it to the children in anganwadi.
Now who doesnt know that pulses are also a source of protein??? Pulses are eaten by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
Btw you dont get eggs for gratis? do you? so I want to know how much does an egg cost in India?? Lol

Egg..No egg I dont have an issue. I think children should not be forced to eat a particular meal.
Typically a varied diet(veg/non-veg) gives more nutrition.
Rain Man said:
I just want to point out that the entire budget of one mid-day meal would be less than the cost of a glass of milk.

You said:

I dont think so.

My point was limited to that.

Back
Top Bottom