What's new

Nose ring in pakistani weddings?

PakhtunGuy

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In which pakistani cultures (Punjabi, Pashtun, Baloch, Sindhi, Kashmiri) do women wear nose rings during the wedding?

Here in Germany live predominantly Punjabis and those wear nose rings during the wedding (Yani women).

So my question is in which pakistani culture is it common.

I myself am Pakhtoon/Kashmiri and I don't like nose rings at all.:undecided:

He had a whole thread about nose piercings in Pakistan, and how Kashmiris pride themselves on not doing it, and thus differentiating themselves from other Biradaris in Punjab

It will be excellent read for you brother.

Interesting akhi. Maybe thats the reason why I don't like nose rings. lol
But in which cultures is it common? Now obviously not kashmiri but punjabi.
What about Pashtun, Sindhi and Baloch?

Interesting akhi. Maybe thats the reason why I don't like nose rings. lol
But in which cultures is it common? Now obviously not kashmiri but punjabi.
What about Pashtun, Sindhi and Baloch?

I believe its not common among arabs, Persians, turks, afghans, Pashtuns, deep inside baloch

it could be those who have come into contact with Punjabis, sindhis

I believe its not common among arabs, Persians, turks, afghans, Pashtuns, deep inside baloch

it could be those who have come into contact with Punjabis, sindhis

Yes, but I don't care about foreigners like persians, turks and afghans (even though many afghans are also pashtun) lol.
I want to know for sure if it is common for pakhtoon, baloch and sindhi culture.

Yes, but I don't care about foreigners like persians, turks and afghans (even though many afghans are also pashtun) lol.
I want to know for sure if it is common for pakhtoon, baloch and sindhi culture.

it is for sindhi,

but not really deep inside Baloch and Pashtun people

Those on the border areas with Punjab, and they are significant in number, do as the Punjabis and Sindhis do

it is for sindhi,

but not really deep inside Baloch and Pashtun people

Those on the border areas with Punjab, and they are significant in number, do as the Punjabis and Sindhis do

Ah ok.

Well I hope then my future wife (one day inshallah) doesn't wear nose ring and too much jewelry.
Because I don't like it. (But nothing against punjabi and sindhi culture of course)

Yes nose piercing is worn in Sindhi and Punjabi culture. Not sure about Pakhtunkhwa but I think baloch people also do.

In which pakistani cultures (Punjabi, Pashtun, Baloch, Sindhi, Kashmiri) do women wear nose rings during the wedding?

Here in Germany live predominantly Punjabis and those wear nose rings during the wedding (Yani women).

So my question is in which pakistani culture is it common.

I myself am Pakhtoon/Kashmiri and I don't like nose rings at all.:undecided:
saranga ye?

Back
Top Bottom