What's new

North Korean Stand Off With the US & S.Korea: News and Updates

Seems sensible to plan for the worst while hopeing for the best.

The ideal outcome, China moves troops into NK to secure NK nuclear sites against "US agression", moves Fatty the III and Dennis Rodman to a secure location in Beijing with a PS3 and a news feed that loops reruns of MASH, offers the worst of the generals a choice of retirement or reeducation and then starts feeding the people.

20 million refugees is too much a problem, better an orderly transition than a colapse and it seems Kims only policy is threaten everyone while letting his country fall appart.

That was awesome :cheers:

This is the arrogance of the west and predominately white nations that annoys me. You have been in the military of NK to know that the 1960s gear works better, the gear that is 50 years old produced well before you... honestly just STFU!

An ameircan news channel reported that they can use the missile used to send satellite in to space which can travel 10,000km - but to look good the americans said "it has not been tested on mainland" - hold on - if you can send something into space you can surely use the rocket on main land.

Load of bonkers the US always comes out with.

Whoa there. Chill...

What I'm saying is that the ballistic missiles made by North Korea aren't advance enough. That's all I'm saying. They have not made a solid fuel rocket yet.

Us igniting

world warIII But US grand strategy is clear. Just as the US sought to contain the Soviet Union

during the Cold War by surrounding it with American allies and bases, so Washington plans to do

with China.America is creating a sweeping arc of allies and bases that begins in Singapore, and

moves northeast to the Philippines, then Taiwan, Okinawa, Japan, and South Korea, neatly

bottling up China’s expanding naval forces. India is being encouraged to build powerful naval forces

that can threaten China’s oil routes to the Mideast and keep its navy out of the Indian Ocean.In

the vocabulary of american top establishment,rulers,'Freedom' means to be dead. For the rest of

the world, 'Freedom' is peace, love; it is living with dignity and respect, not just existing.North

Korea have full right to update all its defense technologies and to acquire nukes if USA want clean

and transparent justice so USA should take a start to finish all of its nukes first and stop

interfering in others matters for several hidden dirty desires every where.

There will always be apologists for the most unsavory of regimes. That you claim North Korea's government has anything resembling dignity, respect, peace, and love given its history, ruling figures, and current actions is disgusting.

China has made a significant progress in the two decade and will continue to grow unless something would obstruct it (as per Newtons third law).

Now if any war breaks at Korean peninsula, offcource the fire of it may even trouble China. Not to forget 20 million refugees. China's economy is strong, but till when it would support in full threshold to this situation. Incoming refugees could create a tricky situation in post war senario even if China does not involve actively in War.

Its the security of own for which China has deployed foces in the east towards Korean peninsula.

One more point to be added, US or west can not directly engage with china, she is enough powerful to cause shivers in the backyard of whitehouse or Backingham palace...

Regards

Just for reference:

Sino-North Korean Mutual Aid and Cooperation Friendship Treaty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Article 2 of the treaty declares the two nations guarantee to adopt immediately all necessary measures to oppose any country or coalition of countries that might attack either nation.

The treaty generally promoted peaceful cooperation in the areas of culture, economics, technology and other social benefits between the two nations.

The treaty is in effect and automatically renews every 20 years. It has renewed in 1981 and 2001.[3] The most recent renewal will remain in effect until the year 2021.

中华人民共和国和朝鲜民主主义人民共和国友好合作互助条约
第 二 条
缔约双方保证共同采取一切措施,防止任何国家对缔约双方的任何一方的侵略。一旦缔约一方受到任何一个国家的或者几个国家联合的武装进攻,因而处于战争状态时,缔约另一方应立即尽其全力给予军事及其他援助。

第 六 条
缔约双方认为,朝鲜的统一必须在和平民主的基础上实现,而这种解决正符合朝鲜人民的民族利益和维护远东和平的目的。

条约有效期二十年,如一方要求修改或终止,须在期满前半年内向对方提出,否则《条约》自动延长二十年。1981年、2001年条约两次自动续期,现在有效期至2021年。

Yes, although many Chinese ppl including me dislike DPRK, s@ck Kim Jong and his family, the treaty still work and it seems China still keep our promise.

I'm surprised the US doesn't do anything to force China to control it's own dog.
China appears to lose patience and control over the Kim´s regime. That explains why China voted in the UNSC for new santions against N. Korea. What we see now is a dangerous game. A regime that has nothing to lose is a uncalculated risk.

In the news today, the General Staff of the North Korean Army announced a nuclear attack on the United States was finally approved. China shall now step in and stop before it is too late.

Just for reference:

Article 2 of the treaty declares the two nations guarantee to adopt immediately all necessary measures to oppose any country or coalition of countries that might attack either nation.
What´s if N. Korea fires the first shot?

What´s if N. Korea fires the first shot?
第 六 条
缔约双方认为,朝鲜的统一必须在和平民主的基础上实现,而这种解决正符合朝鲜人民的民族利益和维护远东和平 的目的。

Article Six
The contracting countries believe reunification of the Korean peninsula must basis on peace and democracy, this solution fully suitable for national interests of Korean people and the purpose of safeguarding peace in the far east.

The treaty gave the answer, China only support peaceful reunification. If N.Korea shot first, that will be their nightmare, not suitable for foreign interests of China.

North Korea warns 'moment of explosion' nears - CNN.com

I was seeing a news cast on BBC yesterday, and they were reporting that unless NK closes this joint industrial zone, nothing will happen. They said that this will be the heads up that an attack is imminent.

Next couple of days will be interesting.

US also in war mongering mode. Sending jets and everything to Guam.

BTW, here is the DEFCON status of US. http://defconwarningsystem.com/ Is this the official site?

THey say that the current status is DEFCON 4: Blue, but DEFCON 4 is Green, DEFCON 5, the lowest state of readiness is Blue. Kind of confusing.

The treaty gave the answer, China only support peaceful reunification. If N.Korea shot first, that will be their nightmare, not suitable for foreign interests of China.
Ok, that´s clear.
If Kim fires the first shot and starts a war, then China is not obligated to send troops to Korea.

Ok, that´s clear.
If Kim fires the first shot and starts a war, then China is not obligated to send troops to Korea.
Well,i explain it by above treaty.
What China's next actions if N.Korea really shot first in the future,i don't know. At least no words in that Sino-N.Korea treaty says China support N.Korea to start another war.

In my opinion, if N.Korea shot first China soldiers will appear in N.Korea to change Kim Jong and control bad local situations and Russian also in there, the U.N will govern N.Korea and U.N army from China and Russia together will responsible for the local police.

Anyway, if necessary China army will into N.Korea.

The situation is getting worse. Kim Jong Un is crazy. I just hope their is a solution.

Well,i explain it by above treaty.
What China's next actions if N.Korea really shot first in the future,i don't know. At least no words in that Sino-N.Korea treaty says China support N.Korea to start another war.

In my opinion, if N.Korea shot first China soldiers will appear in N.Korea to change Kim Jong and control bad local situations and Russian also in there, the U.N will govern N.Korea and U.N army from China and Russia together will responsible for the local police.

Anyway, if necessary China army will into N.Korea.

In a war engagement it is hard to verify who fires the first shot.

To quote an example:
ROKS Cheonan sinking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A war should have erupted on the occasion but luckily, both sides refrained and of course, China had lobbied hard on the crisis so the danger of a full fledged military outbreak was avoided

The situation is getting worse. Kim Jong Un is crazy. I just hope their is a solution.

Contrary to what I wrote before that DPRK's civil lives remain calm as usual. The situation is really worsening by the hour.

Latest news is DPRK is mobilising its 3000 km missiles towards its east coast. They cover ROK, japan and Guam.

DPRK cannot afford a war of any scale.

It is short on basic supplies: food, fuel, medicine

There has been provocations on both sides. The most dangerous of Kim's regime is its chemical weapons, not its nuke.

Kim Jong Un is acting like Indian media.

if you are a headhunter, you should link Kim up with indian media. It is a perfect match.

A win (india) -win (DPRK)-win (ROK)-win (China)situation!

Back
Top Bottom