What's new

North Korean Leader Kim Jong Il, 69, Has Died

Without Soviet Union withdrew from E.G, you think it is possible for the reunification?

BTW, by then, Soviet Union is on the brink of collapsing and has no interest or power to care about E.G. any more. Does today's China resemble anything like then Soviet Union???

Saying China does not have a say in NK and SK's reunification just like saying U.S. does not have a say in China and Taiwan's reunification.

Did the Soviet Union had anything to 'say' about Germany's unification? That process began when East Germany refused to enforce immigration policy. And how many bases in West Germany did we have? We do not know how it may begin in Korea but China know the best way to prevent or at least contain any possibility -- war and occupation.

Stock Markets are down due to his death!
What an irony!
A communist dictator dies,stocks fall.

Because many people need an enemy (communist dictator) to cover up their own crime. Now the cover is gone, one less excuses to be found, and more evils to be released… or more excuses to be found.

Genuine answer of your genuine response is already given in post #288!

It looks like you are big fan of her!

I will be more then Glad to see you weeping like north koreans for her! No worries:rolleyes:

We are not as great a fan of hers as she is to you and your people. There is little doubt that you would pour down the streets of Bombay and wash the streets with your tears :agree:

China is no better in terms of poverty statistics.

But this is not the place. Please stay on topic.

For now let's rejoice yet another ruthless tyrant is feeling the flames of Hell tonight.

There is little doubt that we are better and is continuing to do better. Heck we have comparable population but our economy is several times yours. Hence we can see resemblance of North Korea to you, as your friend have rightly pointed out.

youbg guy is able to hold control on forces and country ? look like too young man :blink:

Don’t worry.

China will train him as a lapdog against SK, Japan, and other Western influence. Thus, the younger the easier to train.

China needs a solid pro-China regime in NK regardless who is the leader, regardless whether he is dear or not.

He had a good life and did not end up like Gaddhafi or Saddam. Respect :cheers:

Ironically, Gaddafi became pro-West in his later age, he died a tragedy death.

The Kims stood up against the West all their lives, they died a decent death.

What a sharp contrast!

What a story for people to chew on...

:lol: You have NOTHING to support that argument. Further, just as Europe and the US assisted Germany during unification, so will Asia and US. Economically and politically speaking, it make sense for everyone in Asia just as it made the same sense for the Euros. The only way for China to prevent that process -- once it begins -- is war. That or China has a change of heart regarding this abomination of a 'country' and a disease upon the Korean people.

Excuse me, how did the US or our neighbours assist us during unification? With money? Buying more German products? Don't make me laugh! In fact, our neighbours, particularly Margaret Thatcher was very much against German unification, but they just couldn't do much against the will of the German people and we had to make lots of concession, e.g. letting the US army stationed in Germany. The financial burden was 100 % paid by our tax money plus the 10 % solidarity tax that was ment to last 10 years and guess what, we still pay the solisarity tax to rebuild East Germany.

Without Soviet Union withdrew from E.G, you think it is impossible for the reunification?

BTW, by then, Soviet Union is on the brink of collapsing and has no interest or power to care about E.G. any more. Does today's China resemble anything like then Soviet Union???

Saying China does not have a say in NK and SK's reunification just like saying U.S. does not have a say in China and Taiwan's reunification.
The Soviet Union was not Russia and China is not comparable to the Soviet Union. However, that does not mean two or more countries cannot experience similar if not exactly alike internal problems. China may not be in danger of breaking apart like the Soviet Union, which was a far more artificial and recent construct than historically known China, but since China learned from the collapse of the Soviet Union and does not desire any similar fate and enacted economic reforms in order to survive, China was facing similar internal problems as the Soviet Union and is now facing similar problems as capitalists countries are. China does not have as much experience in managing internal issues while being active in other areas of the world as the US does. China was never any serious contender when regions have disputes and the people want an arbitrator. China is still trying to raise the people's standards of living, enlarge the military, and working to improve China's image as a 'responsible' rising power. Interfering with the Koreans' process of unification would do serious damage to that image building.

Look at it this way: The US and the rest of the world want a unitary Korea. Does China? And if the Koreans want that Korea to be under South Koreans' way of life and political structure since the current dictatorial method has proven to be a spectacular failure, would China move to block that process?

Say 'Yes' to both questions right now so at least in this little corner of the Internet, we have an idea of how the Chinese members believe: That Korea MUST remain divided for China's benefits over the Korean people's desire.

Götterdämmerung;2409159 said:
Excuse me, how did the US or our neighbours assist us during unification? With money? Buying more German products? Don't make me laugh! In fact, our neighbours, particularly Margaret Thatcher was very much against German unification, but they just couldn't do much against the will of the German people and we had to make lots of concession, e.g. letting the US army stationed in Germany. The financial burden was 100 % paid by our tax money plus the 10 % solidarity tax that was ment to last 10 years and guess what, we still pay the solisarity tax to rebuild East Germany.
And the US opposed any British and other European country's fear based resistance. Thatcher admitted later in her retirement that her opposition was a failure.

SKR today is just as 'developed' as China and comparable to West Germany of yesterday. If China can deal with the disparity of wealth internally, the Koreans can deal with their own disparity WHEN the time of unification comes. The SKReans are not trying to resolve the poverty on the scale you have in China.

Excuse me again, in the German treaty Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia we had to pay all the expenses for the Soviet soldiers' relocation and build homes for them in German standard for all of them in Russia and also bear the expenses to clean up the contaminated soil of the Soviet military sites.

Korea is far from where Germany was in terms of wealth as we were the third largest economy at that time with a population of 65 millions. There are no research institutions in SK that can be measured up to ours, even at the level of 20 odd years ago. East Germans were by far not as brainwashed as NKoreans, as most East Germans could watch West German TV stations and many had access to West German newspapers and magazines. Plus, visiting relatives on both sides of the border was quite easy. Just a few months before the fall of the Berlin Wall, my high school class had a school trip to West Berlin (all German students needed to visit the site of the Cold War), it was a matter of an hour to get the visa to go to East Berlin. At that time none of us saw the changes coming five months later. It was absolutely crazy!

Götterdämmerung;2409177 said:
Excuse me again, in the German treaty Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia we had to pay all the expenses for the Soviet soldiers' relocation and build homes for them in German standard for all of them in Russia and also bear the expenses to clean up the contaminated soil of the Soviet military sites.

Korea is far from where Germany was in terms of wealth as we were the third largest economy at that time with a population of 65 millions. There are no research institutions in SK that can be measured up to ours, even at the level of 20 odd years ago. East Germans were by far not as brainwashed as NKoreans, as most East Germans could watch West German TV stations and many had access to West German newspapers and magazines. Plus, visiting relatives on both sides of the border was quite easy. Just a few months before the fall of the Berlin Wall, my high school class had a school trip to West Berlin (all German students needed to visit the site of the Cold War), it was a matter of an hour to get the visa to go to East Berlin. At that time none of us saw the changes coming five months later. It was absolutely crazy!
So what is the foundation for your objections? That just because Germany had a difficult time the Koreans should not attempt? Be brave enough and say so.

And the US opposed any British and other European country's fear based resistance. Thatcher admitted later in her retirement that her opposition was a failure.

Of course it was futile to oppose the will of the people. The US was realistic, but to say that US assisted us, sorry, we are very capable to handle that by ourselves.

So what is the foundation for your objections? That just because Germany had a difficult time the Koreans should not attempt? Be brave enough and say so.

I have no objection at all, I would indeed be very happy to see both the Koreas and both sides of the Taiwan Strait to reunify because I experienced the joy of the reunification of my fatherland. But I'm just being realistic and I also think that SK is realistic as well because of the financial, economic and social burden. In the case of Taiwan, there will be no financial, economical and social burden will be almost zero, because both sides are heavily interconnected in the economy and the streetch of water will keep migration at a minimum. Hongkong is a good example.

Götterdämmerung;2409182 said:
Of course it was futile to oppose the will of the people. The US was realistic, but to say that US assisted us, sorry, we are very capable to handle that by ourselves.
So you are saying that the US contributed absolutely NOTHING at all. Not even political and moral support or that foreigners were investing in high risk East German financial institutions.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Götterdämmerung;2409187 said:
I have no objection at all, I would indeed be very happy to see both the Koreas and both sides of the Taiwan Strait to reunify because I experienced the joy of the reunification of my fatherland. But I'm just being realistic and I also think that SK is realistic as well because of the financial, economic and social burden. In the case of Taiwan, there will be no financial, economical and social burden will be almost zero, because both sides are heavily interconnected in the economy and the streetch of water will keep migration at a minimum. Hongkong is a good example.
Could have fooled me...

So you are saying that the US contributed absolutely NOTHING at all. Not even political and moral support or that foreigners were investing in high risk East German financial institutions.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Could have fooled me...

What kind of moral and political support did we get beside giving concessions and paying tons of money to the occupying forces? Most East German companies were in the Treuhand and sold for a dime to West German companies that did not invest anything but closed them down in order to sell their Western products. Some companies managed to stay in East German hands and now are doing pretty good. What the West German companies did was part of the structural problem that we still have to deal with until today. The US investments in East Germany was and is a quantité négligiable.

I dont understand you last remark.

Back
Top Bottom