What's new

Nobel committee warned not to award peace prize to Chinese dissident

Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1938. Leading the campaign for years was the renowned author, Gertrude Stein.
As early as 1934, she told a reporter that Hitler should be awarded the Nobel peace prize:

"I say that Hitler ought to have the peace prize, because he is removing all the elements of contest and of struggle from Germany. By driving out the Jews and the democratic and Left element, he is driving out everything that conduces to activity. That means peace ... By suppressing Jews ... he was ending struggle in Germany" (New York Times Magazine, May 6, 1934).

I really wish Liu Xiaobo can be awarded a Nobel peace prize.

Mr.Liu is, of course, famous for saying the West should colonize China for 300 years so China can become a modern country. Europhilia among the Chinese public need a serious clampdown, and it would be the perfect opportunity for the Chinese public to know what a bunch of anti-Chinese racists those Europeans still are.
lol

he never said what you say
and he is famous for saying he is against the only one parti
and most of intellectuals from China support him

it is long time he deserved to be considered when politics here don't want to offend China governement.

Yes nobel price and european/usa government is much different opinion
otherwise he would never get this nobel price

For Obama ok it is strange and stupid. Obama agreed on that.
They just believed it was a hope after the Bush period of wars
So how the people here who didn't like the bad behavior of invasions of US can say these people are bastards because they gave the nobel price to Obama just to ask him: pls change the US policy
???

lol

it is long time he deserved to be considered when politics here don't want to offend China governement.

Yes nobel price and european/usa government is much different opinion
otherwise he would never get this nobel price

For Obama ok it is strange and stupid. Obama agreed on that.
They just believed it was a hope after the Bush period of wars
So how the people here who didn't like the bad behavior of invasions of US can say these people are bastards because they gave the nobel price to Obama just to ask him: pls change the US policy
???

1, do not ignore the fact that he said those words, it is a fact.
2, do not go to a simple definition of "Chinese intellectuals", those are just the Western dog, behind the Western financial support.
3, even the dogs, and now there are objections to this bonus, "so much money, why not me?"

lol

QUOTE]

You know you are full of sh!t for your idiotic comments, do some homework before you shoot your bad breath out of your big mouth, now go and eat your own BS;

Liu was asked by a Hong Kong reporter what China needed to make fundamental changes to its social-political system. He answered, "300 years of colonization; Hong Kong had 100 years, so it should take more than that for the entire mainland."
Asia Sentinel - The Nobel Peace Prize for Liu Xiaobo

And how many so-called intellectuals in China you knew of that support him, from your imagination eh?

Next time stay out of the territory that you know nothing about what so ever.

I think what has bothered me most about this Nobel thing is how westerners automatically assume that Liu Xiaobo speaks for the Chinese people. Maybe it's the inherent human flaw of assuming that everyone must think like they do and that all Chinese people must want what they want but it is beyond arrogant for westerner writers to claim they know the collective opinion of 1.5 billion people are behind Liu

The talk heads on BBC worldnews going on and on about how many "dissident" friends they have and how these people represent all of China makes me want to threw up.

The dissidents are just loud with their propaganda - they won't win.

however we need better dissident management. the soviets had the right idea, jail them. the americans had a better one - destroy their reputation and social credibility.

they are not intellectuals. real intellectuals are trained in fields like engineering, physical science and social science. fields like aerospace engineering, economic mathematics, biochemistry, etc. liu is not an intellectual. if his charter had a statistical analysis of why he is a better choice for eternal dictator (which is what he actually wants, give me a break, he's worse than Robert Mugabe and Kim Jong Il) than the relatively democratic system we have now, with quantitative data to support him, then yes. but it takes no brain to say "we should be colonized by the white man for 300 years." it takes a lack of one.

That "Chinese intellectuals" only to find another host, they may be against the CCP, they do not want CCP as their host, but they are not for themselves, they just look for another host, slave thoughts, no matter what, they are a slave.

1, do not ignore the fact that he said those words, it is a fact.
2, do not go to a simple definition of "Chinese intellectuals", those are just the Western dog, behind the Western financial support.
3, even the dogs, and now there are objections to this bonus, "so much money, why not me?"

1- said by your own propaganda from your country government
you know media are not independant and this interview is bullshit

2- most famous writers and artists support him
did you never hear about the charte?

3- lol so easy and low IQ comment
everyone who doesn'"t think like you is paid by westerns
Anyway what to say about Arafat? he was paid by westerns?
so much fun to read your propaganda here

It is so easy to say it's because of Westerns
but see: your country is dependant of the Westerns: if htey stop to buy to you : you're in a hell
but are you going to be honest to accept this world inter dependency fact?

I have some of the practices against the CCP, many, but my aim is just giving me more rights and better lives, I do not need to find another master, and why they will lose respect for the Chinese people. No independent economy. You do not even have an independent thought.

1- said by your own propaganda from your country government
you know media are not independant and this interview is bullshit

2- most famous writers and artists support him
did you never hear about the charte?

3- lol so easy and low IQ comment
everyone who doesn'"t think like you is paid by westerns
Anyway what to say about Arafat? he was paid by westerns?
so much fun to read your propaganda here

but see: your country is dependant of the Westerns: if htey stop to buy to you : you're in a hell
1, a lot of things you simply do not want to admit. You do not understand China, in China, the government did not want us to know, we know that source is not the Chinese media, but the exchange of information in the Chinese BBS. We know enough to the West. Yes, the Chinese government banned news in this regard, but this is the fact that we know of any relationship?

2, I did not say it did not, such as those signatures, and I say "Chinese intellectuals", they have no respect for the Chinese people, when some Western financial support for the so-called opposition parties. This is why, in the BBS, there is a saying in China, "If you do not support the Government, to look at the opponents, then you will have a definite, to support the government"

3, your personal attacks are meaningless, you can not stop the truth.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Senior Chinese dissident criticizes Liu Nobel

Senior Chinese dissident criticizes Liu Nobel (AFP)

8 October 2010, WASHINGTON — A senior figure in China’s democracy movement said Friday that others deserved the Nobel Peace Prize more than Liu Xiaobo, calling him a moderate willing to work with Beijing.

The Nobel committee gave the prestigious prize to Liu, a writer and academic who was jailed in December 2009 after co-writing a manifesto for democratic reforms in China.

Wei Jingsheng, who spent nearly two decades in prison for his stinging calls for democracy in China, said Liu had often been allowed to operate freely and had criticized proponents for more sweeping changes.

“In my observation, the Nobel Peace Prize is going to Liu because he is different from the majority of people in opposition. He made more gestures of cooperation with the government and made more criticism of other resisters who suffered,” Wei told AFP in Washington, where he lives in exile.

While China has denounced the Nobel committee, Wei said that Beijing’s criticism was comparatively low-key.

“That might be the main reason that the Norwegians were finally able to withstand the pressure,” Wei said.

Wei said that the Nobel would help Liu leave jail earlier and raise the profile of moderate reformists, in the process encouraging Chinese to work within the system.

“Unless the political system of the Chinese government is indeed heading for a peaceful evolution, political stability would serve to consolidate the one-party dictatorship and be negative to both reformists and revolutionaries,” he said.

Wei said there were “tens of thousands” of Chinese who would deserve the Nobel Peace Prize including Hu Jia, a jailed advocate for AIDS patients, Chen Guangcheng, who exposed corruption in the one-child policy, and missing human rights lawyer Gao Zhisheng.

Wei himself has been tipped for the Nobel Peace Prize in the past.

A former electrician at the Beijing zoo, Wei rose to prominence after leader Mao Zedong died in 1976 and the government encouraged Chinese to put up posters airing grievances about past excesses.

Wei boldly put up a poster urging democracy and signed his name to it. He spent a total of 18 years in prison, partially on death row, until an appeal by then US president Bill Clinton allowed him to go into exile.

I have some of the practices against the CCP, many, but my aim is just giving me more rights and better lives, I do not need to find another master, and why they will lose respect for the Chinese people. No independent economy. You do not even have an independent thought.

I have nothing of a Western mind
I am Iranian and proud of it

Whatever i can read many Iranians (sometimes) say Iranians inside deserve the dictatorship we have now. I know they are some people who are out of the country who are not anymore Iranians like many are not chinese minded maybe? The fact that some people care about our rights i would not insult them.

Of course i agree we need independency.
I know Europeans insulted your country and de'stroyed it a century ago.
But the world changed . We need respect each other.
This nobel price is more to congratulate people who want to change for good their country.

Obama because they wished he would stop the Bush wars.
Arafat because he was a great leader who could start talks.
And so many people consider and hope China change for the best for your country. Don't take this nobel price as offense.

Racism in Europe?
Is it a joke? You know what the hell us, muslims, it is hard to explain we are not terrorists, fanatics, that we accept democracy, human rights
they have so low opinion about us
But about chinese people? i never heard such comment that i hear about us.

This is the idea of a slave, and we depend on each other, the West is also dependent on China, you want to be slaves of the West, I'm not interested, the Chinese people not interested , our bones hard.

Whatever i can read many Iranians (sometimes) say Iranians inside deserve the dictatorship we have now. I know they are some people who are out of the country who are not anymore Iranians like many are not chinese minded maybe? The fact that some people care about our rights i would not insult them.

This nobel price is more to congratulate people who want to change for good their country.

And so many people consider and hope China change for the best for your country. Don't take this nobel price as offense.

Racism in Europe?
Is it a joke? You know what the hell us, muslims, it is hard to explain we are not terrorists, fanatics, that we accept democracy, human rights

You think we played many years with the West dealings? The world in Beijing Olympic torch parade, that was a sufficient answer.

Your logic is odd, the Iranians is Iran's problem, it does not matter and China.

Last edited:

Racism in Europe?

Because you still did not grow up, this is a simple answer. We also have fanatical believe about the West, in 80-90 years, then, we have experienced enough, we have sufficient knowledge of the West, objective and rational, we know what we need. If no more basis, then your rhetoric without any effect.

The Iranians may need to experience something, we have the same 20 years ago, and then, your idea was going to grow up.

This is the idea of a slave, and we depend on each other, the West is also dependent on China, you want to be slaves of the West, I'm not interested, the Chinese people not interested , our bones hard.

anyone who didn't think like you is a slave of Europe?
Can you stop with this kid statement?

yeah i am from martyr family
many of my family were killed by Iraqis supported by Westerns
and i support that. of course. what a joke.

but i am not like you. i make a difference between the people who care about us and our rights, like the people who decide nobel price, and the people who just want to make us weak.
yes in USA and Europe they are people who want us to be weak. But they are not all Europeans and all americans.

You are dependant of US and US is dependant of you.
That's the world ! it doesn't mean you are slave and it doesn't mean they are slaves. it's business world.

About olympic games, just learn that the people who did it were:
- amnesty international
- some dissidents
here they just spoke about it without taking any position .
most of politics agreed of olympic games in China.
I didn't remember one political important person who said it was a bad idea to have olympic games in China.

Again some people in your country they have cheat intheir heads
why they mix up everything? why to say it is behavior of westerners
when it is only a few people behavior

here is democracy: it means people do what they want
(except wear burqa :D but it another subject)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom