What's new

No Pride & Joy Tejas Among 75 Aircraft to Fly Past on Republic Day

We get that the IAF was shaken by the Mirage crash in 1990. But surely they should have enough faith in their own ability to maintain their aircraft, after all Tejas flies with GE F404 and FADEC, and most of these are newer airframes with few hours and new engines. Seems like a bad excuse to me.
Maybe they think that incase of twin engine jets if one engine fails then there will be other to make sure its still flying, thats not the case with single engines one.

And maybe I’m wrong, LCA has taken part in the parade before.

Interesting fact, in navys formation Boeing P8I would be flying alongside Mig29k. Russian and American planes flying side by side, only in India.
Venezuelan F-16s and Su-30s
09ebca83270c34fd039aaa5b1d5d4582-768x432.jpg

Tejas has participated in the past here is a pic from 2017
20220117_202828.jpg

It's a recent rule since 2020 I believe which mandates only twin engine fighter aircrafts can participate

I don't understand this logic of single engine not participating in a simple straight flypast at a safe altitude.
I mean if there was war, would all IAF single engine aircraft will only fight over the country side or they will just try to conduct missions over Pakistan....like Abhinandan.

Last edited:
India wants her enemies to fear IAF while her leadership doesn't trust it!! Bipin Rawat wanted it to be a support arms under the Army....
Only sad thing about the accident where bipin the pippin was processed to be reincarnated was that modi wasn't onboard with him.

Same rule applies in the war. Indians will not fly single engine aircrafts and instead they will be parked on the highways. Double engines are better and faster in dodging AMRAAM.

Republic Day 2022: Rafale, Navy's MiG29K & P-81 Among 75 Aircraft to Fly Past Rajpath on January 26

The Rafale jets are India's first major acquisition of fighter planes in 23 years after the Sukhoi jets were imported from Russia. (File photo: ANI)'s first major acquisition of fighter planes in 23 years after the Sukhoi jets were imported from Russia. (File photo: ANI)

The Rafale jets are India's first major acquisition of fighter planes in 23 years after the Sukhoi jets were imported from Russia. (File photo: ANI)
A single Rafale will perform a Vertical Charlie in the 'Vijay' formation.
  • IANS
  • LAST UPDATED:JANUARY 17, 2022, 14:47 IST
Atotal of 17 Jaguars will roar above the Rajpath in the national capital this Republic Day in the grandest flypast comprising 75 aircrafts from Air Force, Army and Navy. This year MiG 29K and P 8i will make an entry while Tejas will be missed.
“The grandest flypast ever will take place over Rajpath during the Republic Day parade with 75 aircraft, including the planes from IAF, Army, and the Navy. This is in line with the ‘Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav’ celebrations," Indian Air Force officer Wing Commander Indranil Nandi said.

The officer said that five Rafale will also fly over the Rajpath in the ‘Vinaash’ formation. The navy’s MiG 29K and P-8I surveillance aircraft will fly in the ‘Varuna’ formation. The Rafale will be seen in three formations. The Vinash formation will have five Rafale jets, Baaz formation will have one Rafale, flanked by two Jaguars, Su 30s and two Mig 29s.

A single Rafale will perform a Vertical Charlie in the ‘Vijay’ formation. The flypast will bring back memories of 1971 war and at the same time showcase India’s modern day aviation capabilities across the three forces. The flypast will be divided in two phases. The first before the parade and the second after the marching contingents have gone past Rajpath.

The first formation before the parade starts will be the ‘Dhwaj’ with 4 MI 17 V5 helicopters. The first will have the national flag and others will display the flags of army, navy and air force. This will be followed by four Rudra combat helicopters. In the second phase, there will be 13 formations with different aircraft used by the three forces. The final formation ‘Amrit’ will consist of 17 Jaguar fighter jets commemorating 75 years of Independence.

As expected fancy title with nothing...

As expected fancy title with nothing...

Do you guys have any shame at all????
Just think about it for a second …..
Our single engine aircrafts lead the fly past and do displays in front of VIPs and we feel
Pride and joy of watching our pilots show their skills…..

you guys either don’t trust your planes or more likely your pilots. Why not accept that?
Your leadership is pethetic…. First got whooped by the Chinese and now begging Pakistan to talk to them over their atoot ang Siachin…..

what a colossal free fall under Modi…

Back
Top Bottom