What's new

No Pakistani selected at IPL auction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the team managements have taken a very prudent decision.What is the point in buying players when it is not confirmed wether they will be getting visas (not only for season 3 but also in the future).Everytime pakistan sends a bunch of doped up brainwashed kids to kill innocents in India the relationship between the two countries is likely to turn bad .Is it not funny that pakistani players stood for the IPL auction when it is certain that someone somewhere in pakistan is drawing up plans to distrupt the commonwealth games in any way possible.

:blah::blah::blah: Done now with the BS that you don't know **** about?

I think if the IPL managment thought that the pakistani players would not be availabe, Then they shoudnt have asked them to issue a NOC from GOP & PCB. I think we owe an apology to our fellow pakistani friends so lets be brave and admit that some oustanding players would not be playing in IPL3.

The success of IPL would not be hurt but Pakistani players would have been Icing on the cake.We all saw last year they were not allowed due to tensions , so if something happens in India tomorrow the availablity of these players would be queastionabe

:cheers:

More practical reasons I can think of are:
1) They dont know how fans would think.
2) The Pakistani players wont be safe. Heck even Aussie team was threatened by Shiv Sena.:argh:

At least for this year I think it is safe for every one to have things like this.

Let me burst your (bubble i mean).. when gora sb took indians as cheap labour around the world 100 years back, your ancestors were included in that cheap labour just like mine and at that time your ancestors were called indians as pakistan did not exist..

Let me squeeze your busted bubble further...my ancestors were never been part of that labour, as they were all belongs to the so called elite class of the undivided India.

But again who cares.

I think the team managements have taken a very prudent decision.What is the point in buying players when it is not confirmed wether they will be getting visas (not only for season 3 but also in the future).Everytime pakistan sends a bunch of doped up brainwashed kids to kill innocents in India the relationship between the two countries is likely to turn bad .Is it not funny that pakistani players stood for the IPL auction when it is certain that someone somewhere in pakistan is drawing up plans to distrupt the commonwealth games in any way possible.

Instead of blaming for everything to Pakistan, its better to sort out your internal issues.

I think you should immediately consult a neuro surgein in Abu dhabi and if you cant afford then go back to India and have a checkp up with some dungar doctor, it will help you out once for all.:rofl:

Let me squeeze your busted bubble further...my ancestors were never been part of that labour, as they were all belongs to the so called elite class of the undivided India.

But again who cares.

Yeah sure... enjoy the illusion..

For the sake of clarity, I was refering to ancestors of today's pakistani citizens and today's indian citizens. Didnt mean individually you and I

You're using emotions to explain why people think IPL is a joke. People have been saying IPL is a joke from day one - Pakistani players not being selected is just an icing on the cake.
I think its the pakistani members who are emotional today on this thread. Which people have been saying its a joke.??

It's only popular in india. Outside india the only thing people care about it is the money surrounding it.
Well, South African stadiums were all sold out last year..

Also, 2.4 billion only looks good on paper, but if you look deep inside, that's actually a pretty bad revenue. The franchises will expect at least 1 billion from it. BCCI will want some of it too. Then you can add the broadcasters - they are spending lot of money on broadcasting it. I am sure I am missing out some other big players involved as well. So overall it makes no good reading but rather pretty average or below average reading.

Are you smoking pipes??... This revenue is comparable to that of ICC world Cup 2007. Also Broadcasters actually pay the IPL and not take money from IPL. They make money thru adviertisements and further sub letting of broadcasting to other broadcasting companies..

So your below average comment is actually a desparate attempt to belittle something of which you have no understanding or grasp..

And what does exports have to do with anything? So NBA, or NFL most likely make more in a month than indian exports. What's your point? It's totally unrelated.

The point is not unrelated.. I was responding to you calling IPL a joke. The event you called joke generated more money than a country's export during the same period.

NBA and NFL, generate a revenue of 3.2 billion and 6 billion respectively over a 6 month period. India's six month export revenue is 88 billion dollars. Pl note I am not calling any of these events a joke and have utmost respect and admiration for the sports they represent despite no india player playing the same

And I am sure you don't actually know whether it really made more than Pakistani exports.

I am absolutely sure. Pakistan's annual export revenue is $22 billion that translates to $2.1 billion for a 35 day period (duration of IPL)

Please understand, I am not trying to say pakistan's exports are less.. What I am saying is that the event you are calling a joke generates more revenue than a major country's export revenue for the same period.

For the sake of clarity, I was refering to ancestors of today's pakistani citizens and today's indian citizens. Didnt mean individually you and I

I can smell the jealousy.:coffee:

IPL teams ignore Pak players, setting off cries of 'insult'

MUMBAI: When the auction of players for the India Premier League (IPL) III began at 10 minutes past noon, the excitement was all about which player would get the highest bid. But 105 minutes later, the big story was that no Pakistani cricketer was touched by any IPL team, sparking off a row that's fast acquiring political and diplomatic overtones.

All the 11 Pakistanis under the hammer were unsold, even though Pakistan are the reigning World Twenty20 champions. The "insult" sparked off angry protests from the Pakistani players and sports minister Ejaz Jakhrani, indicating that the matter may well take on the shape of a diplomatic row.

After the auction, team owners Priety Zinta and Shilpa Shetty said, "We were looking for players who would be available for the whole tournament. It is not that we specifically didn't want Pakistan players."

However, TOI had reported on December 11 that the IPL teams were unlikely to bid for them. On Monday we reported, based on conversations with franchisee officials, a different reason for not buying Pakistani players. These officials had said they would "go slow" on Pakistani cricketers because they had got signals to that effect.

The IPL team owners were reticent on the matter of having ignored all Pakistani players at the auction on Tuesday, but the cold shoulder has already acquired diplomatic overtones and may well spark a row between the two nations.

Last week, TOI had reported that the franchisees would be wary of picking up the Pakistanis at the auction, with one of the team officials saying, "Today if the Pakistan cricketers come and play in the IPL because they've been granted visas, tomorrow there might be talk saying 'why not give them visas for bilateral tours too.' If such a thing happens, it has the potential to put the government (of India) in an embarrassing situation because whether we admit it or not, relations between the two countries are still cold."

Therefore, he said, franchisees have been "very informally" asked to go slow on Pakistani players. In fact, one team official specifically said that "Rana Naved-ul Hasan is the best bet as far as bowlers are concerned." At the same time, he was equally sure that he wouldn't be bidding for Rana.

Informal indications from the Indian government, also reported by TOI, that Pakistani players would face no problems in getting visas clearly were not enough for the IPL teams to take the risk of paying good money in snapping up these players.

IPL chief Lalit Modi dead-batted incessant media queries on the Pak players, saying, "The franchises had the option to pick any player. If you look, they were not the only ones not picked. Availability is a serious issue with all teams without doubt. Based on that the teams have formed strategies."

The reaction was immediate and emotionally charged. Afridi, who was billed as one of the major attractions of Tuesday's auction, said from Brisbane that he was disappointed and upset with the way things panned out. "The way I see it, the IPL and India have made fun of us and our country by treating us this way," Afridi said.

Senior all-rounder Abdul Razzaq said he saw the snub to Pakistani players as a conspiracy between the IPL and the Indian government to insult Pakistani players. "They have basically tried to hurt our cricket and image and this is most disappointing because I believe there should be no politics in sports," he said.

All-rounder Sohail Tanvir, one of the stars of Rajasthan Royals' IPL winning team in 2008, was no less bitter: "We sent names because we thought the franchises wanted us, but if it is all about politics and security they should be clear about it," Tanvir said.

Pakistan's sports minister echoed the 'insult' theme when he said, "I am surprised and disappointed at the way we have been treated. It is not a good sign for improving and enhancing sporting ties between the two countries."

"We gave them security clearance as well, so it was surprising the way they were snubbed at the auction because they are the best in the world in Twenty20 cricket," he added. Minister Jakhrani said he would ask the Pakistani cricket board to explain why the players were treated in this way even though the government had given the requisite clearances to the players.

PCB chairman Ejaz Butt, however, said he was not bothered by the snub given to Pakistani players. "It really does not bother us. What difference does it make to us if our players don't play in the IPL this season. They didn't play in the last season as well," Butt said. Pakistani cricketers took part in the IPL's inaugural season in 2008, but were denied permission by Islamabad to play last year due to growing political tensions with India.

Reactions on the internet suggest that the feeling of having been insulted extends to fans in Pakistan. In fact, some comments even poured vitriol on former Pakistani captain Wasim Akram for "sucking up to the Indians" by joining the Kolkata Knight Riders team as a bowling consultant.

Most of Pakistan's World Twenty20-winning team was up for auction including captain Afridi. In the absence of a mutual understanding between the franchisees, it is difficult to see how they could all have failed to fetch any bids.

IPL teams ignore Pak players, setting off cries of 'insult' - Top Stories - IPL - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

==============

Appears to be the GoI's doing.

Not necessarily all bad though - that is is seen as an insult is good in that it opens the eyes of yet more Pakistanis to the real nature of India.

Also remember the report prepared by the FICCI - these are the people that, when in Pakistan enjoy our hospitality, talk about trade, cultural and sports exchanges, and then bad mouth Pakistan after they leave.

I feel bad for the players in that they missed out on potential income, but most of them are established any way so its not like they'll end up as paupers.

Beyond that, Pakistanis continue to see the true face of India, and the anti-military bashers and peaceniks such as Nadeem F Paracha get discredited and egg on their face.

Those would be the same as the ancestors of all people on the planet, since under the 'Human Migration Theory' the planet was populated by people out of a part of Africa, who migrated across the planet.

But anyway, back to topic.

Instead of blaming for everything to Pakistan, its better to sort out your internal issues.

I think you should immediately consult a neuro surgein in Abu dhabi and if you cant afford then go back to India and have a checkp up with some dungar doctor, it will help you out once for all.:rofl:

:rofl: how funny; as if Pakistanis are any better in Abu Dabhi. :lol:
Don't need to make stupid satires.

So back to IPL.
Why do you call it racism? Your Pakistani players didn't get their visas in time---all this drama that happened a month back. The IPL Teams don't want to risk LOOSING their money on these players.

What about the previous IPL where the players were CHOSEN, but they failed to :blah: :blah: this year.

Did you look at Afridi's record in these previous games? What jack has been doing recently?

Kamran Akmal? :lol:

Muhammad Asif, I would consider.... he is the ONLY one I'd pick, to be truthful.

Mohammad Yousuf isn't doing that great either..... like these past tests in australia :azn:

So what are you people calling racism etc for? This is 'sports'. If we were racist, our government would've denied visas to your players LAST IPL itself, and Indian teams wouldn't have chosen those Pak players during the last one. :cheesy:

i am seriously disappointed to hear that........ we peoples are crazy when we forget everything and start beggging for contracts from IPL again n again. Don't forget IPL is Indian Premier League and we know what India is. How many times did we beg for Central contract in ipl2 n 3? I am sure the players are disappointed but they should learn and take it as a lesson and not beg for the contract openly in IPL4. I see the popularity of IPL going down anyway due to so much of racism

I boycotted IPL last season also and will not be interested in this serious anymore............ just put the ban on IPL matches in Pakistan so nobody can watch this series also

No Pakistan team = No IPL

Those would be the same as the ancestors of all people on the planet, since under the 'Human Migration Theory' the planet was populated by people out of a part of Africa, who migrated across the planet.

But anyway, back to topic.

I was refering to the people English Goras took as labor when they were ruling undivided India as the ancestors of today's citizens of India and Pak

The Human Migration theory applies to a period 1000's of years before that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom