What's new

No one wants to lend them Money - Says PM Modi

I am understanding what you mean, but I have no experience with what you mentioned to comment anything. I have never been out of India, so basically am a frog in well haha.

Maybe someone from my side, who has experience with traveling abroad can comment on current situation with our overseas offices.

Overall all I am saying is, our part of the world and particularly India Pakistan and Bangladesh have a lot to grow overall when it comes to individual rights. I am a slightly hopeful person, and feel things will get better.
If we compare just looking at Canada - we have almost all ethnic races & nationalities in this wonderful nation.
Yet the normal systematic processes are so efficient that end of the day when one leaves from office they feel they achieved something positive. The crime rate for such diversity is also very low.

Within India Pakistan Bangladesh just for 1 race ethnic population we have mini conventional bombs going off almost every 2nd day 7 for what,

I am living in Pakistan for last 3 months & already top of my mind I can count over 11 mega bombs have blasted with scores killed. I cannot say for India but I also heard major lapses in Indian Air force crashing 2 state of art Migs last week.

So in conclusion looking from overseas or inside the situation needs to drastically improve until Uncle sam orders Defcon 3 level alert, just saying.

Still doing this, not possible to change this debts prob. in just 8 years.

ipc_india_external-debt--of-nominal-gdp

There are some differences between Indian and Pakistani thinktanks and policy makers, I hope this graph helps.

Dude,

-If you were able to get loans at lower interest rates, you would have done that already
-if you take new loans with extended terms, you would pay more interest (even if interest % is the same BTW

You are barking up a government for not sorting things out with the IMF in 4 months time.

You want to know what happened? I
-mran Khan spent his career badmouthing IMF because it made him look good in the public
-Imran Khan thought how cool it will be if he actually proved he didn't need the IMF by getting loan from China/ UAE etc. He forgot somehwere that IMF actually had money and IMF actually looked at economy in a clinical way
-He did nothing to improve the economy to a level where it could break free of the loans
-He wasted time until the only ones ready to pay him the money was the lender of last - IMF

But by that time PAk Fauj what a disaster he is bringing on and booted him out hoping against hope that a new goverment will get some control over an increasingly catastrophic situation.

Any economist worth his salt would have told you this 2 years ago-

You need 30+ billion in 2 years time, how are you going to get it? You got only 20 billion in commitments, others will peg this IMF- go to IMF now. Imran Khan should have spent the entire 2021 trying to get 40 billion in place. He should have opened discusisons with all, especially the IMF, renegotiated terms where possible. 2023 is only the last station of a train running fast and unctrolled towards its doom.

The current IMF talks and program is a continuation of the last PTI govt. IMF deal. as they comes with 3.3 year programs with demarcated yearly tranches.

But now with worsening situation and diminishing revenue in all areas be in exports, taxes, FDI, remittances, Pak in in with a catch-22 and IMF is coming with stricter conditions like additional Rs.800 billion revenue to be collected, many are good proposals by the IMF like taxing the higher salaried above grade-17, including all segments.

But the PDM govt. now is not willing to open new avenues for money generation and revenue and going by the old play book.

PTI govt. had collected the data of 4.3 million new would be tax payers through biometrics and those would have been added in the new tax net. People are willing to pay more, come in the tax net when they have a mandated govt. this is not the case now.

The new govt. is pilfering and wasting precious revenue on useless extragavagance and not on revenue earning things like the Textile sector need rejuvenation, same with many other export related sectors. The priorities are all lopsided and wrong.

Last edited:
Dude, it was Imran Khan who refused to go to the IMF not PDM. If he had taken started engaging with the IMF 1 or 2 years ago, you won't be in this mess.

Imran Khan is responsiible not the current regime- read ths post above.

If IK had gone with IMF Loan and then took money from friends to reduce the debt or for investment then their currency/export/inflation then by now Pakistan would have been more stable. But he took "U" Turn and made sure that if he go without power then Pakistan will also accompany him because he knew that PDM is group of such people who are not only corrupts but also incompetent.

PDM should have gone to IMF the time they took the power, but they waited and wasted the valuable time. PTI, PDM & Establishment all are interested in their power politics, and they are not thinking of plight of public. I even doubt that those deposits and oils of SA & UAE are the money looted by these political parties otherwise how can nations keep on going to give free money & oil for any government and in every regime changes someone among the Tom, Dick, & Harry runs to friendly nations and gets the news of Investment, roll over, additional deposit & oils.

IMF will be forcing Pakistan to increase taxes and reduce expenses for the FY and question is will Establishment accept such conditions. If accepts then the military partiality between India and Pakistan will widen which they can’t afford to and If they don’t accept then get ready for another regime change in Pakistan, either way instability in Pakistan is confirmed.

Peace with India at this juncture is the best option for both Pakistan’s Political parties and establishments. In that way they can import cheaper oil & food items to reduce inflation and defense budget. But the question remain is “who will tie the bell to cat”.

Finally, In 1991 India accepted the reality and then PM & FM took right decision to rescue and problem with Pakistan is they are not willing to accept the reality and Pakistan now needs someone like MMS & PVN to rescue them from this mess.

If we compare just looking at Canada - we have almost all ethnic races & nationalities in this wonderful nation.
Yet the normal systematic processes are so efficient that end of the day when one leaves from office they feel they achieved something positive. The crime rate for such diversity is also very low.

Within India Pakistan Bangladesh just for 1 race ethnic population we have mini conventional bombs going off almost every 2nd day 7 for what,

I am living in Pakistan for last 3 months & already top of my mind I can count over 11 mega bombs have blasted with scores killed. I cannot say for India but I also heard major lapses in Indian Air force crashing 2 state of art Migs last week.

So in conclusion looking from overseas or inside the situation needs to drastically improve until Uncle sam orders Defcon 3 level alert, just saying.
Well I for one hope, changes comes within. External Driven changes, more often than not cause immeasurable damage to any society.

There was a time when I was much younger, here not bombs but constant bandhs (bringing society and govt to a halt by demonstrations) used to happen. Mostly done by Communists, who mostly are unclear of future in my opinion.

Much older civilizations like us I feel should learn on their own, than be forced. This part of the world, can't have a revolution every few decades.

Congress is clutching at straws, with this Modi and Adani relation issue is what I feel tbh.

In any Capitalist society, or for that matter in any society some sort of relation, between the rulers and the business folks is undeniable. Given Congress's record when it got ousted, it's hoping to make something up that can stick to current dispensation.

There are so many incidents, in the past when Congress had close relations with most of the Business families in India. Congress is in power in Rajasthan, and the CM there has great relations with Adani.

Merits or demerits of Adani's business model aside, ascribing dubiousness to Modi or Govt only wrt Adani is a far stretch. Public can see through it, as they know Congress would and will do the same if and when in power.

It's my humble opinion that, Modi just brought in Pakistan into his talk, just for rhetoric sake.

You cannot compare the likes of TATA, Godrej and others with Adani.

Adani was RSS's money making front.

And as far as business goes, Learn to respect the Parsi community.
no one can match them; in business acumen nor in honesty.

Regards.

I dont think Mr Modi was referring to Pakistan or Showbaaz specificially but both Pak and SL. Now while this is the sort of things that netas in the subcontinent routinely refer to it, in this specific case he is right.

I remember in the past (2016-2020 especially) Modi was heavily criticised for keeping petrol and diesel prices much higher than in the rest of SAARC- esp Pak and SL. It is these policies which have kept India's fiscal and CAD balances at healthier levels in face of the Covid and Ukraine crisis.

Modi has also largely kept away from useless white elephant projects (barring the unfortunate example of the Bullet Train which is being funded by a long term concessional loan).

Had by some stroke luck we reelected the Pappu-MMS duo we would have been in the same soup.

Regards

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom