What's new

No one wants to lend them Money - Says PM Modi

I don't think too much has to be read into this, both our countries use one another for rhetoric. Some times one is up and sometimes one is down, and if one checks the video closely.. he seems to be talking more about loan structuring rather than the country itself, or any person in particular.
After Indian Army General was killed Gen Bipen Rawat - now I am certain 100% sure Both India + Pakistan use each other to reap benefits from other countries. Such loser nations both of them tbh.

Modi is knee deep in Adani fiasco.
and as always, ready solution to Modi's problems is to divert attention to Pakistan.

Congress is clutching at straws, with this Modi and Adani relation issue is what I feel tbh.

In any Capitalist society, or for that matter in any society some sort of relation, between the rulers and the business folks is undeniable. Given Congress's record when it got ousted, it's hoping to make something up that can stick to current dispensation.

There are so many incidents, in the past when Congress had close relations with most of the Business families in India. Congress is in power in Rajasthan, and the CM there has great relations with Adani.

Merits or demerits of Adani's business model aside, ascribing dubiousness to Modi or Govt only wrt Adani is a far stretch. Public can see through it, as they know Congress would and will do the same if and when in power.

It's my humble opinion that, Modi just brought in Pakistan into his talk, just for rhetoric sake.

Obviously for example if one is buying a Merc latest model, than the retail Shop owner doesn't see the client has available income for purchase? Why should the retail shop owner sell him the car.

Look I live in DHA bangalow myself & trust me losing rupee value from before Imran Khan toppled was rs160 per US $
Now I lost millions of rupees after F****** regime change devalue the rupee 275 per $.

Who is going to pay my lost currency rate, ????????????????????????? wtf?

The establishment should pay for it. After all it was thier genius idea to topple a stable lead government, and then to impose the worst form of Dracula and greedy snakes sitting at the helm only to destroy the economy.

No sazish succeeds without the local conspirators, ISPR still trying to figure it was not sazish but kharish or interferene.

India is also doing this...much of its FE are loans and guarantees.

Bad debts are the most difficult to write off and pay.

That is a 8 year old 2014-15 FY report. Yes the previous govt back then left india in a very bad fiscal condition.

Dude, it was Imran Khan who refused to go to the IMF not PDM. If he had taken started engaging with the IMF 1 or 2 years ago, you won't be in this mess.

Imran Khan is responsiible not the current regime- read ths post above.

IK got 9 billion USD from Saudia, China and UAE and then he went to IMF as initially IMF was coming with stricter conditions, after the 9 billion USD in kitty IMF softened its conditions for higher tariffs and taxes.

So it was a good plan, and if the PTI govt. was not thrown out, the increase in exports, remittances, FDI and taxes would mean there would be just one IMF program needed in 2023 and with huge increase in revenue and Foreign Exchange, Pak would have been out of the IMF clutches in just one year.

Alas!! that never happened.

Last edited:
Man you are full crap

Year 2023, list of repayments to be made with the dates will be avilable in 2021 itself- is it not? All finance ministries track repayment schedules for loans and bonds at all times. In fact many actually publish the repayment schedules for all to see.

If july 2023, 20+ billion had to be repaid- many times your typical foreign reserves, what the hell was he doing grand standing in 2021?

BD foresaw a possiblity of risk and got funding in place well before it went out of control. This is how it is done.

After Indian Army General was killed Gen Bipen Rawat - now I am certain 100% sure Both India + Pakistan use each other to reap benefits from other countries. Such loser nations both of them tbh.
I get what you mean, but we can't call ourselves losers haha.
It's just growth in perspective I guess, but then politicians and people in power will use anything for their advantage.

Also remember, handling a position needs experience. This includes both personal and institutional, which set precedence for future lot. West hasn't reached the current stage in one century, we both are much younger than a century.

Am sure we will get there, provided we keep learning from mistakes.

IK got 9 billion USD from Saudia, China and UAE and then he went to IMF as initially IMF was coming with stricter conditions, after the 9 billion USD in kitty IMF softened its conditions for higher tariffs and taxes.

So it was a good plan, and if the PTI govt. was not thrown out, the increase in exports, remittances, FDI and taxes would mean there would be just one IMG program needed in 2023 and with huge increase in revenue and Foreign Exchange, Pak would have been out of the IMF clutches in just one year.

Alas!! that never happened.

If you're looking at 30 to 40 billion to stabilize, you think he would get 20 billion discount from them?

That is a 8 year old 2014-15 FY report. Yes the previous govt back then left india in a very bad fiscal condition.

Still doing this, not possible to change this debts prob. in just 8 years.

It is normal practice to take new loans with extended maturity period say 20 years and pay off the older loans where the payment is due now and loans matured to pay.

And it is normal to take loans on lower interests and pay an older loan with maturity and with higher interest.

But Pakistan problem is much adverse here, it's a combination if many ill planned and executed ideas on economy by the imported PDM and the fin. minister especially.

I get what you mean, but we can't call ourselves losers haha.
It's just growth in perspective I guess, but then politicians and people in power will use anything for their advantage.

Also remember, handling a position needs experience. This includes both personal and institutional, which set precedence for future lot. West hasn't reached the current stage in one century, we both are much younger than a century.

Am sure we will get there, provided we keep learning from mistakes.
Look I just created a topic post.

In other words -- both India + Pak govt's are bringing Viruses to Western nations in the form of doing business of corrupted mindsets instead of being honest & work from there?

Last edited:
If you're looking at 30 to 40 billion to stabilize, you think he would get 20 billion discount from them?
Rules of games are changed, now Saudia, UAE, China is not lending, kind of their loan approval is pegged with IMF approval and with a new program and tranche.

Situation is bad and grave, don't know what will the end result, could be a deafult.

Look I just created a topic post.
My Indian friend who when we were both in College back in the in Uk,
He said he took a trip to Indian high commission 20 years ago, & his experience in London was pathetic to describe the High comm office environment. Now I went to Pak high comm in Toronto & I can safely say the situation same pathetic state of condition.
These both countries have huge gaps in almost all population segments. Until they don't improve the system - peoplle from public will keep getting crushed.

In other words -- both India + Pak govt's are bringing Viruses to Western nations in the form of doing business of corrupted mindsets instead of being honest & work from there?
I am understanding what you mean, but I have no experience with what you mentioned to comment anything. I have never been out of India, so basically am a frog in well haha.

Maybe someone from my side, who has experience with traveling abroad can comment on current situation with our overseas offices.

Overall all I am saying is, our part of the world and particularly India Pakistan and Bangladesh have a lot to grow overall when it comes to individual rights. I am a slightly hopeful person, and feel things will get better.

Still doing this, not possible to change this debts prob. in just 8 years.

It is normal practice to take new loans with extended maturity period say 20 years and pay off the older loans where the payment is due now and loans matured to pay.

And it is normal to take loans on lower interests and pay an older loan with maturity and with higher interest.

But Pakistan problem is much adverse here, it's a combination if many ill planned and executed ideas on economy by the imported PDM and the fin. minister especially.

Dude,

-If you were able to get loans at lower interest rates, you would have done that already
-if you take new loans with extended terms, you would pay more interest (even if interest % is the same BTW

You are barking up a government for not sorting things out with the IMF in 4 months time.

You want to know what happened? I
-mran Khan spent his career badmouthing IMF because it made him look good in the public
-Imran Khan thought how cool it will be if he actually proved he didn't need the IMF by getting loan from China/ UAE etc. He forgot somehwere that IMF actually had money and IMF actually looked at economy in a clinical way
-He did nothing to improve the economy to a level where it could break free of the loans
-He wasted time until the only ones ready to pay him the money was the lender of last - IMF

But by that time PAk Fauj what a disaster he is bringing on and booted him out hoping against hope that a new goverment will get some control over an increasingly catastrophic situation.

Rules of games are changed, now Saudia, UAE, China is not lending, kind of their loan approval is pegged with IMF approval and with a new program and tranche.

Situation is bad and grave, don't know what will the end result, could be a deafult.

Any economist worth his salt would have told you this 2 years ago-

You need 30+ billion in 2 years time, how are you going to get it? You got only 20 billion in commitments, others will peg this IMF- go to IMF now. Imran Khan should have spent the entire 2021 trying to get 40 billion in place. He should have opened discusisons with all, especially the IMF, renegotiated terms where possible. 2023 is only the last station of a train running fast and unctrolled towards its doom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom