What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

I think its a very sensible option to ground j10B plans , we can use these funds to make jf-17 blk 2 more better , and we can buy F-16s with MLU's ...for next generation fighter I think PAF have options like j-31 or F-35 ( this depends on relationship between Pak-US ) but at least j-31 can and able to serve paf well for next decade .
I personally think we cant say what will be next move for PAF until Jf-17blk 2 comes out .

The first mistake you're making is comparing western wages to Chinese. The pay is a major factor in developmental costs for the US/Western nations. Thats not the case with the Chinese. Second the cost for J-10 isn't 50 mil. A LOT below it actually. This coming from higher ranked PAF personnel.

i can guarantee you the expected cost for F-35 wont go under. This is just for Congress to mug it up. Sure mass production reduces cost but not in US where inflation is biting down hard.

i want to ask you one thing..tell me,how much difference only "pay" can make??sure west probably gives some 4/5 times more pay than what in east we get.but its not major factor for high end products like fighter jet.there is a limit that how much less costlier you can actually make of the product.by the way,if you compare similar products of defence,you'd find that it is cheaper when you get Chinese products,but also technologically inferior too.that is why west has its monopoly in the market and not China.but then again,I'm not here to judge the technology of an unknown aircraft.but you can get assured about one thing,basic F-35 will be available within $100 mil.but probably nobody will get it.thats why arms industry is for.they'll add new specs and will hike cost.

one example...

India bought Su-30MK at some $40 mil in 1997-1998.now,India buys Su-30MKI at some $80-100 mil per unit.thats because there is huge difference between this two.even China got its Su-30MKK at some $37 mil.but yes,there is a lot of effects from inflation and economical instability.but thats true for China too.USA isn't the only country which is having inflation.

@Oscar

What about VHF frequency Radars. PAK-FA is 'semi stealth', its goal is to get 'close enough' undetected to be able to engage the target using its IRST and R-77s.

pakfa is no doubt vulnerable to vhf radars but air to air it can even shoot down f-22.

it will have 1522 t/r main aesa,,two side arrays of 400 t/r each and a rear aesa too giving 360 degree radar coverage,the first aircraft to do so.

the second stage engine,item 30 will have a wet thrust of 180 kn making total power of 360 kn.

there will be no counter to pakfa in the air except f-22

J-10B is the latest in Chinese aerospace technology. It incorporates all the most expensive systems like AESA radar, composites etc and is still around half the cost of the equivalent Euro machines. Anyway, what makes you think that it will not be comparable as it has a similar airframe and the Chinese now have great experience in radar and electronics? It's only weakness will be the single engine that would provide a slightly lower T/W ratio.

Believe what you want as China has so much confidence in it's own planes that it shows little interest in Russian planes like SU-35 and turned down the chance to partner with Russia on T-50.

they're buying SU-35 bro.despite all the protests from Chinese members here,its true.the whole world isn't foolish enough.

plus,producing own plane doesn't mean you've enough confidence on it.sometimes its because you can't procure anything(if you're under sanction,which China is) and have to make it.nobody saw this aircraft in action or in any international competition like Red Flag,none of the aircrafts they made.so,until then,we should stop comparing with proven platforms of the west.

Yaar menu ek baat bata,when this thing happened.? Lol my own cousin, a su pilot in pune said all he can do is laugh rather than answering such questions. IaF kill vs Paf kills is just another story,where people hardly belives what PAF claims.

Yes the "people" are only india... whose claims have been busted after those wars .. when PAF flew the jets,planes india claimed to shoot down.. while ours are accepted by neutral sources like USA,UK n european journos n papers.. :lol:

ur defence budget is 6 billion dollars and u are expecting a 5 th generation aircraft.be real here man

7 billion... 2.5 CSF.. now add FF group profits? we dont have to replace all obsolete soviet junk either ...

Last edited:
Yes the "people" are only india... whose claims have been busted after those wars .. when PAF flew the jets,planes india claimed to shoot down.. while ours are accepted by neutral sources like USA,UK n european journos n papers.. :lol:

dosen't change much,,,5 th generation will be too much for pakistan
either way who cares in india.

by 2025 we will have 126 rafales+272 mki+25-30 pakfa+40 tejas mk1+40-50 tejas mk2+50 upgraded mirage 2000+50-60 upgraded mig-29's apart from other small change.

so we don't have any concern,i wish u best for what u buy:coffee:

@DESERT FIGHTER Please ignore She-Male saein. Saein ap tension na lein.

i want to ask you one thing..tell me,how much difference only "pay" can make??sure west probably gives some 4/5 times more pay than what in east we get.but its not major factor for high end products like fighter jet.there is a limit that how much less costlier you can actually make of the product.by the way,if you compare similar products of defence,you'd find that it is cheaper when you get Chinese products,but also technologically inferior too.that is why west has its monopoly in the market and not China.but then again,I'm not here to judge the technology of an unknown aircraft.but you can get assured about one thing,basic F-35 will be available within $100 mil.but probably nobody will get it.thats why arms industry is for.they'll add new specs and will hike cost.

one example...

India bought Su-30MK at some $40 mil in 1997-1998.now,India buys Su-30MKI at some $80-100 mil per unit.thats because there is huge difference between this two.even China got its Su-30MKK at some $37 mil.but yes,there is a lot of effects from inflation and economical instability.but thats true for China too.USA isn't the only country which is having inflation.

HUGE difference. I mean not a small action but upto 20-30%. Their wages arent 5-8$ an hour. You see it does make a difference. I'm sure the claims of less than a 100 mill will remain unfounded seeing the rising costs on the horizon and F-35 is a LONG LINE of production seeing around 2400 have to be produced. The costs will go up as time goes on.

7 billion + 2.5 CSF.. + add FF group profits? = ??

Also got 9-10 years to go? already economy improving??

by 2025 we will have 126 rafales+272 mki+25-30 pakfa+40 tejas mk1+40-50 tejas mk2+50 upgraded mirage 2000+50-60 upgraded mig-29's apart from other small change.

so we don't have any concern,i wish u best for what u buy:coffee:

As of now... No rafael deal... no LCA mk-I.. ? 170 mkis? oh pleeeeeeeeeez man.. i wonder why indians live in their future fantasy land... you talk big .. but no action...

We gonna get 100000000 arty guns? oh shit .. BAE closed the lines ...

We gonna get MRCA ... Oh shit... its been over a dozen years ... no deal signed yet.

We gonna get our arjun.... Oh shit... millions of $$ and years spent.. no boss .. we got a face saving 124 .. and now arjun MKII... Oh shit get the t-90s..

n million other bs stories..

7 billion + 2.5 CSF.. + add FF group profits? = ??

Also got 9-10 years to go? already economy improving??

As of now... No rafael deal... no LCA mk-I.. ? 170 mkis? oh pleeeeeeeeeez man.. i wonder why indians live in their future fantasy land... you talk big .. but no action...

We gonna get 100000000 arty guns? oh shit .. BAE closed the lines ...

We gonna get MRCA ... Oh shit... its been over a dozen years ... no deal signed yet.

We gonna get our arjun.... Oh shit... millions of $$ and years spent.. no boss .. we got a face saving 124 .. and now arjun MKII... Oh shit get the t-90s..

n million other bs stories..

in next 6 months u will get the answer.
i need not say even a word for ur silly argument,,,anyone even remotely interested in defence knows that production of mk-1 has started,,,,pakfa has already got 5 prototypes with production for russians starting by 2016-17 and rafale deal will be signed this year after new govt comes.

whether u like or not,,,meanwhile u keep on buying 2 nd hand f-16 from jordan and planning of 5 th generation aircraft with no money

Apparently, you do... enough to debate without having much knowledge yourself. I wonder why Indians have such a morbid fixation with Pakistan?

Pehlay 2025 anay do, dekh lain gai.

You are making too many assumptions dr. saab.

@DESERT FIGHTER Please ignore She-Male saein. Saein ap tension na lein.

HUGE difference. I mean not a small action but upto 20-30%. Their wages arent 5-8$ an hour. You see it does make a difference. I'm sure the claims of less than a 100 mill will remain unfounded seeing the rising costs on the horizon and F-35 is a LONG LINE of production seeing around 2400 have to be produced. The costs will go up as time goes on.
Apparently, you do... enough to debate without having much knowledge yourself. I wonder why Indians have such a morbid fixation with Pakistan?

which assumption is wrong??
in 6 months we will sign pakfa deal and rafale both.

everyone knows it,,,meanwhile u may go for more second hand f-16's.

The Cost of J-31 is 130 million Flying cost not included So Sir how Many you are Planing to buy:coffee::coffee:

which assumption is wrong??
in 6 months we will sign pakfa deal and rafale both.

everyone knows it,,,meanwhile u may go for more second hand f-16's.

Again you with your antics, been hearing this Mrca deal since forever. PAKFA isnt gonna happen this soon either.

Back
Top Bottom