What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

Isn't india going to get the Pak Fa? So what is Pakistan going to do to counter this threat? :sad:
There's nothing on the planet that can counter the PAK FA T-50 except the F-22. At least not in the next 25 years.

And then the cost of a 5th gen fighter isn't peanuts. Pakistan would need to wait till its economy grows to afford these high tech toys. So up-gradations are a viable cost effective proposition where Pakistan is concerned. India too is upgrading its Mirage, Jaguar and Su 30 fleets.

There's nothing on the planet that can counter the PAK FA T-50 except the F-22. At least not in the next 25 years.

And then the cost of a 5th gen fighter isn't peanuts. Pakistan would need to wait till its economy grows to afford these high tech toys. So up-gradations are a viable cost effective proposition where Pakistan is concerned. India too is upgrading its Mirage, Jaguar and Su 30 fleets.
In fact India has militaristic.

Unfortunately for IAF, the PAF does look more organized and planned.

While, we are all over the place with number of platforms and delays and planning - (our programs are always delayed).

Comparatively, the PAF looks far more organized and precise.

I understand that the J-10 was always an outside option to fulfill the role if the F-16s weren't coming. Even after being embargoed for a decade, PAF still pursued for the Vipers, a platform which PAF was familiar with and which served it well. With JFT Block-2 imminent and more F-16s becoming available, PAF's immediate and near future requirements seem well addressed. I truly believe that the PAF is keen to introduce a twin engine jet in future and some sources say that it has made a peculiar investment in the J-31 programme.

Well when J10B purchase was getting delayed, we got an indication that may be the deal might get canceled & it looks like the deal is scraped. I don't know which 5th Generation fighter they are looking for. China is already working on J 20 & J 31, so lets wait & see.

Well when J10B purchase was getting delayed, we got an indication that may be the deal might get canceled & it looks like the deal is scraped. I don't know which 5th Generation fighter they are looking for. China is already working on J 20 & J 31, so lets wait & see.
I believe you will get what you want.

Lets just talk for the present , shall we. !!

The Indians HATE Their New Russian-Made Stealth Fighter — War is Boring — Medium

I think PAF has no plan of induction of any new platform till 2017..... May be new platform after JF-17 block III.....

I understand that the J-10 was always an outside option to fulfill the role if the F-16s weren't coming. Even after being embargoed for a decade, PAF still pursued for the Vipers, a platform which PAF was familiar with and which served it well. With JFT Block-2 imminent and more F-16s becoming available, PAF's immediate and near future requirements seem well addressed. I truly believe that the PAF is keen to introduce a twin engine jet in future and some sources say that it has made a peculiar investment in the J-31 programme.

Somehow, I told you so is no longer worth repeating for me to the members here :p:

These planes are necessary for Pakistan!The fourth generation fighter called “J31” or the other name called “
AMF” won’t Massive imports.or so 30.WE

need 100+ J10B and 100+ JF17

Yaar menu ek baat bata,when this thing happened.? Lol my own cousin, a su pilot in pune said all he can do is laugh rather than answering such questions. IaF kill vs Paf kills is just another story,where people hardly belives what PAF claims.

This is not a place for your cousin's laundery list. Keep quiet, if you can't participate.

It is quite possible that the 5th generation option for the PAF may not be materializing before another 8+ years. These things are quite complex and lot of factors are involved and need a lot of time, resource and effort to stabilize and iron out.

By that time some squadrons of Rafale would most likely have been delivered to the IAF.
Maybe more than just some.

PAF would again be in a lagging position as it had found itself in the pre-bvr period in the past viz-a-viz the IAF.
PAF would then be for a while again very hard pressed (to put it mildly) to counter the Rafa - MKI combo.

It is for that period and also for a sanction free 4+ generation viable option ... that the FC-20 (with AESA radar) should not be totally written off from the PAF acquisition plans ... and I do not believe that it is totally off the PAF acquisition radar ... just delayed ... due to paucity of funds.

However if the Rafale delivery gets delayed significantly then there really would be no need for the FC-20 anymore.

Just my humble 2 cents.

@Oscar

What about VHF frequency Radars. PAK-FA is 'semi stealth', its goal is to get 'close enough' undetected to be able to engage the target using its IRST and R-77s.

Back
Top Bottom