What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

No T-200, J-2X can and does counter it :D

Nopes, mind you this is Chinese we're speaking off and we're Pakistanis. They have soft corner for us ( for whatever reasons) and we're grateful. $100 min for j20 might sound alright not J-31. It's like F22 vs F-35. $200 million plus vs $100million plus. The fact being this is Chinese so reduce price by half.
That is not possible. If it cost China $80m to make the plane , it's not selling to pak for $50m. That's wishful thinking.

The expected cost in the future of F-35 is $80m thus at $60m J-31 is not expensive.
How did you get that cost for F35? Aussie just brought some and it's costing them $200m usd/each.

That is not possible. If it cost China $80m to make the plane , it's not selling to pak for $50m. That's wishful thinking.

How did you get that cost for F35? Aussie just brought some and it's costing them $200m usd/each.

There is no mention of Cost. It was a reference. They arent gonna eat $30m up for nobody. But they will ease the process and that is what counts. All that matters.

The debate about J-10B acquisition needs to be ended. There are people always coming and asking about it, so its important that those questions are laid to rest.

PAF's eyes in my opinion are firmly placed on taking the leap into the next generation whenever its finances allow it to do so. Lastly, i do not think that the Jordanian vipers are the last ones to come to PAF. The PAF will most surely repeat what it did with the Mirage III/V.
Sir than please tell me How much JF-17 we would have to produce because as far as I know we need to more around 450 Fighter Jets at least and we would have to retire many Fighter Jets soon so can we produce so many JF-17 and also get F-16 to counter our enemy

Wait! Chinese are businessmen to the core. They ain't giving you anything for free nor even at half price nor even offer you the scheme: buy two, take one free! :azn:

The Jf-17 Thunders which you guys are getting from China at discounted rates are a different story altogether as the Chinese don't need them for their PLAAF at present, and are being produced jointly. Anything other than the Thunders is going to cost you the earth.

We get discounted rates? We own the plane design 50%. I understand that for an Indian it is extremely painful to see that either internal corruption, foreign inflated prices or the inability to produce anything inside India with all the help earth provides.... makes India a failed military nation... And even if they get something it is always the foreign party to blame... It is their spare parts or their mismanagement... And even if that is passed then there is the inability of the Indians to operate or maintain systems. Look at the number of accidents in the Navy... You guys are the biggest joke on earth. Go vote Modi. No vote for CP... It doesn't matter. One way or the other it is a failed democracy.

We get discounted rates? We own the plane design 50%. I understand that for an Indian it is extremely painful to see that either internal corruption, foreign inflated prices or the inability to produce anything inside India with all the help earth provides.... makes India a failed military nation... And even if they get something it is always the foreign party to blame... It is their spare parts or their mismanagement... And even if that is passed then there is the inability of the Indians to operate or maintain systems. Look at the number of accidents in the Navy... You guys are the biggest joke on earth. Go vote Modi. No vote for CP... It doesn't matter. One way or the other it is a failed democracy.
Sir I have few questions if you guys can answer
First if we are not going for J-10B than we would soon have two kind of Fighter Jets that is JF-17 and F-16 are they enough and secondly we need to have around 450 Fighter Jets at least can we produce that number of JF-17 and also get more F-16 to counter three times bigger enemy @Luftwaffe @fatman17 @Aeronaut @Oscar

Any info on the use of JF-17 in the current ops? How's the performance?

dosen't change much,,,5 th generation will be too much for pakistan
either way who cares in india.

by 2025 we will have 126 rafales+272 mki+25-30 pakfa+40 tejas mk1+40-50 tejas mk2+50 upgraded mirage 2000+50-60 upgraded mig-29's apart from other small change.

so we don't have any concern,i wish u best for what u buy:coffee:

Calm down man, twenty years ago, you probably said same about your LCA.
On the contrary, some 15 years earlier Pakistan gave up hope on getting it's older generation F-16s, and some years later PAF has the top range versions in it's inventory. Defence requirements, procurements and even production fluctuates with the times hence no point in making Parrot predictions.

Disappointed and outrage. It will leave our sky valuable for French Rafale threat.

Unfortunately PAF is lagging behind.

Well.....where exactly is the so called MMRCA that we have all been hearing about for the past 10 years?? We shall talk about J-10B/C when India actually inducts the Rafale!! The J-10X series was always going to be a response to Rafale......and well, no Rafale means no J-10X's!!

Besides, it is not like Pakistan & China will have to go through the decades long process of procurement in case India does actually acquire Rafale. Actually, I am quite confident that PAF will get her hands on the J-10's before IAF gets her hands on Rafale.

@Oscar

What about VHF frequency Radars. PAK-FA is 'semi stealth', its goal is to get 'close enough' undetected to be able to engage the target using its IRST and R-77s.
Not exactly a very reliable means of detection. The signal processing complexity and finesse required for sorting out a PAK-FA sized RCS using VHF frequencies would require more than just an update to the radar. And if it really was the massive anti-stealth system we have been told about, there would be a lot more people getting into it.
That is not to say that there is not a possibility to pick up a low rcs aircraft earlier with VHF frequencies, but whether it can provide a track reliably and enough for targeting is the question.

I do think that stealth adds options but DRFM does pretty much the same... Let say JF17 has DRFM and it has every possible Indian threat in its libraries... Would stealth do much more? I personally think that it is debatable. Radars are getting better and better. With linked up radars you can even filter stealth planes. Then you have indeed certain radars that can detect due to the used frequencies or even background noise...

@Oscar Even if you cannot track at that time doesn't mean you can fire and wait till it can track later... You push the opponent into defensive. Same happened when bad quality BVR was introduced into a2a.

We will see a lot more defensive suits when stealth is introduced in bigger numbers.

Calm down man, twenty years ago, you probably said same about your LCA.
On the contrary, some 15 years earlier Pakistan gave up hope on getting it's older generation F-16s, and some years later PAF has the top range versions in it's inventory. Defence requirements, procurements and even production fluctuates with the times hence no point in making Parrot predictions.
Sir I have question if we are not going for J-10 B that means soon we would have only two kind of Fighter Jets that is F-16 and JF-17 and we need at least 450 Fighter Jets to counter India will these twos jets combined be close to 450 if not than we would need a third Air Craft @Munir @Luftwaffe @fatman17 @Oscar

Sir I have few questions if you guys can answer
First if we are not going for J-10B than we would soon have two kind of Fighter Jets that is JF-17 and F-16 are they enough and secondly we need to have around 450 Fighter Jets at least can we produce that number of JF-17 and also get more F-16 to counter three times bigger enemy @Luftwaffe @fatman17 @Aeronaut @Oscar
Don't forget the F-7PG in the PAF inventory, it's going to be around for a good few years yet and not without reason.
Remember it was sent in to exercise with the likes of Raptor, Dessert Falcon and Mirage-2000. Oscar can tell you a few things about the PG to understand it's potential and capability.

PAFF-7PGwithUSF-22Raptor1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom