What's new

No Indian Appetite For Action

Ahh the favorite topic is back again. I had the discussion with RiazHaq when he said 60 plus percentage (I do not remember exact number) was affected by Maoist. I then asked him to prove it by going district by district in each state and let us know where he can see Maoist. I never saw him again.

Let me attempt it one more time for larger audience. I will take 1 state as example where Maoist are present.

Maharashtra
Key Cities Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nasik (I have seen or heard about Maoist anywhere)
Let me go to smaller cities Satara, Sangli, Alibaugh, Amravati (I have seen or heard about Maoist anywhere)

The point I am trying to make is Maoist are neither present in big cities nor in smaller ones, in-fact they are present only in Jungles like Tarzan, they do come out sometime and hit targets close to these jungles and go back again. They live in jungle because they know if they come out, they will not be able to survive.

They have made no attempt to attack in cities, partly because they will not win is known to them, the only time I remember they come out to cities when they attacked a jail to release their friends.

Since they were mostly in jungles was prime reason government were never serious about them till Chidambaram started operation Green Hunt.

The reason security forces have so high casualties is because of the terrain.

So people who read internet and post generic articles have no idea what they are talking about.

If you talk about civil war then let me know how will that happen by a force that is scared to come out of jungle. The moment they come out they will be killed, the other reason they cannot come out is they do not have support in cities/small towns which they will need to stay there.

So please help me understand and I can talk about other states also, does the Pakistani’s posting this can do that? Do you have data to talk about? Please list one big town forget about cities where they have any influence what so ever, then talk.

Can you say the same about Taliban, need I list here which big cities they not only have influence but attacked with impunity.
Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. What is left? They have not only attacked but repeated times.

Ahh the favorite topic is back again. I had the discussion with RiazHaq when he said 60 plus percentage (I do not remember exact number) was affected by Maoist. I then asked him to prove it by going district by district in each state and let us know where he can see Maoist. I never saw him again.

Let me attempt it one more time for larger audience. I will take 1 state as example where Maoist are present.

Maharashtra
Key Cities Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Nasik (I have seen or heard about Maoist anywhere)
Let me go to smaller cities Satara, Sangli, Alibaugh, Amravati (I have seen or heard about Maoist anywhere)

The point I am trying to make is Maoist are neither present in big cities nor in smaller ones, in-fact they are present only in Jungles like Tarzan, they do come out sometime and hit targets close to these jungles and go back again. They live in jungle because they know if they come out, they will not be able to survive.

They have made no attempt to attack in cities, partly because they will not win is known to them, the only time I remember they come out to cities when they attacked a jail to release their friends.

Since they were mostly in jungles was prime reason government were never serious about them till Chidambaram started operation Green Hunt.

So people who read internet and post generic articles have no idea what they are talking about.

If you talk about civil war then let me know how will that happen by a force that is scared to come out of jungle. The moment they come out they will be killed, the other reason they cannot come out is they do not have support in cities/small towns which they will need to stay there.

{

}
Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. What is left? They have not only attacked but repeated times.

I told the same thing to Windjammer in another thread, that they didnt even attacked a small cities..but its hard to woke people up when they are prentend to be sleeping..

I told the same thing to Windjammer in another thread, that they didnt even attacked a small cities..but its hard to woke people up when they are prentend to be sleeping..

I know they have no idea what they are talking about what they read is x state is affected by Naxals does not give a thought that affected does not mean the entire state but only a portion of it in Jungles.

The dantewada incidence that happened people do not even know that it is so remote that even I doubt proper road will be there to dantewada. I have grown up in that area.

Naxal leadership is all literate and they are exploiting tribal's for their political motive.

The problem is there but not to the scale of what these guys list.

Maharashtra

So please help me understand and I can talk about other states also, does the Pakistani’s posting this can do that? Do you have data to talk about? Please list one big town forget about cities where they have any influence what so ever, then talk.

Can you say the same about Taliban, need I list here which big cities they not only have influence but attacked with impunity.
Had you read my reply in post#14, you would have saved your self all the effort. Having said that there is no denial that the Naxal are active in 26 Indian States commonly refered to as the Red Corridor and your own PM is on record for stating that they present the biggest threat to Indian security.

Naxalism gravest internal security threat: PM - Express India

Naxal Terror Watch: Marxism: Biggest threat to the country?

Had you read my reply in post#14, you would have saved your self all the effort. Having said that there is no denial that the Naxal are active in 26 Indian States commonly refered to as the Red Corridor and your own PM is on record for stating that they present the biggest threat to Indian security.

Let's come out who said what, answer to the point. How much is the influence? do not reply with generic article give specifcs which states and which cities/towns/villages. When we go deep facts come out.

If anything other, it's your wake up call since the insurgency is now making headlines all over the Globe.

India's Forgotten War: The Maoist Insurgent War In India

As said..care to explain any major attacks in the cities ?many of the members here clearly stated in 100's of threads about Maoism that they were only playing around the jungles and some back ward areas..if proper devalopment reach there it is going to vanish..

I'm glad that there is no Indian 'appetite for action' in dealing with the Maoists, if 'appetite for action' means deploying the armed forces.

Unless things get much worse, I cannot believe that the Indian system would be so unutterably stupid to send the army into quelling the Maoists. The Maoist problem will have to be solved by a political-economic-paramilitary combine.

And army is a blunt instrument.

That would be when I would get really worried.

Remember, bravery is more about acting intelligently and knowing when not to act like hot headed fools. Less about thumping your chest or striking macho poses.

it's already a civil war; they'd rather just slow it down a little bit and keep it contained to areas that were/are/always will be underdeveloped

only thing is, their influence is spreading.

thank God Pakistan is a capitalist country. God bless capitalism

And thank god India is not totally capitalistic, we have all seen the nightmares of capitalism, government control is very very important.

There are certain reason for being active in several districts a for Maoiesm. But there are certain reason for one of being poverty as well as injustic. What may have been biggest reason for Pakistan's biggest cities being targeted, I cannot see any major reason for that, then only why I am getting the feel that Pakistani Armed forces are utteraly incapable of giving a knockout blow to few thousand Talibani.

Yes I read your 4th post, in which you wrote something about Indian cheek and Pakistan army's heroism of taking on threat head on, but does that make such situation any less dire to what is being faced by India. Regarding our PM, yes very honest man atleast he has some honesty to admit certain degree of truth rather then pointing fingers at your 4th post to show "see how chest thumping can win us a battle"

There are certain reason for being active in several districts a for Maoiesm. But there are certain reason for one of being poverty as well as injustic. What may have been biggest reason for Pakistan's biggest cities being targeted, I cannot see any major reason for that, then only why I am getting the feel that Pakistani Armed forces are utteraly incapable of giving a knockout blow to few thousand Talibani.

Yes I read your 4th post, in which you wrote something about Indian cheek and Pakistan army's heroism of taking on threat head on, but does that make such situation any less dire to what is being faced by India. Regarding our PM, yes very honest man atleast he has some honesty to admit certain degree of truth rather then pointing fingers at your 4th post to show "see how chest thumping can win us a battle"
Seems you were only too keen to press the post button without even bother to reading your narrative, however i was referring to post#14 and not #4 as you put it, no wonder you are all confused.

Let's come out who said what, answer to the point. How much is the influence? do not reply with generic article give specifcs which states and which cities/towns/villages. When we go deep facts come out.

Yea i have booked the next flight out to collect the data, until then just sit on it.
Seems the once much in demand NEUTRAL SOURCE, is suddenly not credible enough for you.

What does these netural sources do to help understand these kind of issues?
In this forum there are so many Indians ask how many of them have faced maosit in life or restricted their movement due to them. Their will not be many why? Because these Maoist operate in area most common people does not go. That means 99% of us not affected with what they do and hence this is not even a topic of discussion in our homes. It's a problem everyone admits but not of scale you guys think. Till the time you understand this your comments will not make sense. About neutral sources they write about ISI hand in glove with Taliban do you believe? Since a news is published in neutral sources does not make it credible if locals do not feel the same.

Stop replying to troll posts guyz. These kind of bashing threads pops out every second day.. Ignore it.dunt post and waste ur time

Back
Top Bottom