What's new

No flat for her in Mumbai because she is Muslim

it is true though... many hindus wont give their flat to muslims... you cant deny that.
Neither can you deny that "many hindus wont give their flat to " us bachelors who are Non meat eating, everyday praying Hindu ... your point being ?

May be then Indian cows would be starting outward pole vaulting :)
:lol: You don't seem to be amused with the idea.
So you accept that Saffronis are extremists. :)))) good good.
:rofl: @ comprehension skills. Well they are currently in power but muslims are not being bombed.
Seems regular Hindus have a hidden saffroni extremist mindset :)))))))))))))) GOOOD goooood

:rofl:

What a revelation.

Getting in trouble at the hands of Hindu extremist organized groups :)

So GoI needs to implement its "secular" Constitution in spirit

Let's see, will you give a pork eating Hindu your home on rent? :)

Neither can you deny that "many hindus wont give their flat to " us bachelors who are Non meat eating, everyday praying Hindu ... your point being ?
my point is, you seem to ignore other bias simply because you are victim of one bias. Surely muslim bachelors have it much worse than you.

She is a liar. She had a fight with broker and manager of society. So society gave her notice to leave. It is not because she is muslim. Other muslims families are also live there in same society for years.

which society it is?

• Muslimgirl1_2418365g.jpg

• GUJARAT_RIOTS_2418359g.jpg

The Hindu
    In this March 4, 2012 picture, a visitor have a close look at the debris and photographs of Gujarat riots during a convention on 10 years of Gujarat 2002 in New Delhi. Photo: R.V. Moorthy
TOPICS
India
Maharashtra

Growing up in Gujarat post-2002 riots exposed her to religious prejudice and forced ghettoisation.
Growing up in Gujarat post-2002 riots exposed her to religious prejudice and forced ghettoisation. So when Misbah Quadri moved to Mumbai, she hoped the city, known for its cosmopolitan culture, would treat her better.

However, the 25-year-old communications professional is today knocking on the doors of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) after she was denied a flat in the city just because she is a Muslim. After a hard search, Ms. Quadri found a tidy 3-BHK apartment at Sanghvi Heights in Wadala. Her new flatmates — two working women, in their early twenties and Hindu — found her on Facebook.

However, a day before Ms. Quadri was to shift, the apartment’s broker warned that the housing society did not accept Muslim tenants. Even if something worked out, the broker told her, she would have to sign a “no-objection certificate” declaring that if she faced any harassment from her neighbours because of her religion, the builder, the owner and the broker “would not be legally responsible.” She was also asked to submit her resume. Though she disagreed with the terms, she moved in because the notice period at her previous flat expired and her flatmates supported her and she hoped for a compromise later.

But within a week, the agent contacted her again. “He threatened to call the cops and throw me out of the flat. It got very ugly.” When she approached the representative of the builder, she was told that it was “a policy” of the company not to have Muslim tenants. She was then served an ultimatum to vacate the house. Ultimately, she was forced to leave the flat. Incidentally, the other women had to pay a price for sheltering a Muslim; they have vacated the house unwillingly.

Keywords: Gujarat riots, 2002 Gujarat riots, religious sentiments, post-Godhra riots, Misbah Quadri
No flat for her in Mumbai because she is Muslim - The Hindu
@Horus @Oscar @Jango @Umair Nawaz @HRK @PWFI @SpArK @OrionHunter @GURU DUTT @Skull and Bones @nair @WebMaster @Areesh @AUz @Slav Defence @Pakistanisage @Abu Zolfiqar @Spring Onion @engineer saad

Stupid Media, no one read this is guess
On the other hand, society supervisor Rajesh dismissed the allegations and said, "We allow Muslim people to stay here. The broker should be asked about this matter."

Now, Muslim woman claims broker denied her flat in Mumbai because of her religion - Firstpost

It has become a habit for people to claim victim these days....

Sorry to intrude but I'd like to use this to show some good of a lay society as in France.
I had noticed misunderstanding surrounding the laicity thing at the time of the Charlie attacks
and many outraged threads on misreported government actions against Muslims or others.

In America, discrimination is kept in check but there are conflicts at the individual level since
it is considered that an owner is a business when renting and allowed freedom to fix comm rules.
In France, the same process values only anti-discrimination over the rights of the renter and one
can lodge a complaint very easily. Most other Western nations fall somewhere in between.

Of course, this means something else in reality. First, proving that the owner of the apartment
acted for discriminatory reasons is often difficult as they won't admit as much. Second, forcing
someone to rent to you may turn into endless bickering and petty rules abuse … by both sides!
An owner forced to rent will try to find fault with the lodger and one renting in such conditions may
be less respectful of the lodging space. There always is a drawback to forcing people to behave.

The advantage of this enforcement of non-discrimination is long-term and mostly educational TBH.
In America, communities of poor Black folks ( think Ferguson near Saint-Louis, MO ) can be "made
up" through economic coercion over time. Ferguson went thus from 99% White to majority Black in
barely more than a quarter century. These communities end as unrest sources as we witnessed.
In France, such "ghettoes were willfully drawn up by the authorities in the 60s and 70s and now cost
impressive amounts to modify and "re-humanize". They're also sources of unrest. In both cases, it
is clear that segregation is bad whenever it is anything but a choice.

The whole point is then that : there is a consensus amongst honest folks that people should be free
to live where they want but that this cannot be enforced except by proscribing discrimination. This
process under whichever form is one of education and that takes decades at best and cannot achie-
ve 100% results as there will always be racism and exclusion from both sides ( yes, even the minority )!
Some Blacks and "Arabs" will simply not want to integrate to the wider society ( others in other contexts).

BUT … it is not a choice to let things go and any reasonable government should promote acceptance by
fighting discrimination on the legal aspect despite the fact that humans will be humans and that some will
remain opposed to living together. In other words, the system should be as equalitarian as can be.
It won't fix all problems but it will in the end alleviate most of them.

On a personal note, I would not want to live in a perfectly homogenous society. Not only is this impossible
for I will not agree with all my neighbors in any case even race and religion put aside but it would deprive
me of a larger view on the world. America and France for hundreds of years before it are immigration lands.
People have flocked to these nations and made them what they are.

So the question becomes : is there a law in India ( and/or Pakistan ) that forbids discrimination? If the answer
is yes, the rest is a matter of ( implementation & ) time. If the answer is no, the problem is a moral one!

Hatred is a personal matter that has roots in centuries and more of history and won't be cured by law.
Living together happens in the individual's heart, soul and perceptions and takes generation to eradicate.
Failing to address the problem however is a sure path to more hatred.

Good luck to both nations ( and all others ) and good day all, Tay.

I am also a professional Land lord, i.e I own a small number of houses and flats (unsold ones) and give it on rent. But I also have some reservation that no one is talking about. I think everyone will agree with me even Pakistanis.

I do not give(easiely) houses on rent to : 1) Police 2) Lawyers 3) Journalists 4) Politicians. Rest..Everyone is welcomed!!:D

@levina @Spring Onion @nair @Rain Man @OrionHunter @Zarvan @hinduguy

Forgive me if anyone of you belong to the above category!!:D
How about politicians' chamchas? :rolleyes1:

Back
Top Bottom