What's new

No country for brave men

well technically, he is a martyr....he died fighting for a cause he stood firmly by.

he isn't a martyr in the same sense like that of somebody who embraced rifle & died defending nation.......but he is a martyr at least in my eyes

and in fact i'd side with people like him before i would side with some lizard-eaters who dogmatically cling to a closed, backwards mentality which will take this country further downhill

Question is that, why didnt this Mullah, killed Bibi Asia(Accused one) instead he killed Salman Taseer who was a Muslim and was practicing islam, even u cant kill Bibi Asia, if u are a Muslim. Is there any example in which any friend of Prophet Muhammad(SAWW) killed anyone like this? Which law do these Mullahs follows?

I think these Mullahs are true agent of Isreal and USA, who are making us weak from our roots.

Maybe you skipped over these parts of the article, parts that were most important.

KARACHI: More than 500 religious scholars belonging to the Barelvi school of thought paid rich tributes to the assassin of Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer on Tuesday and urged ‘Muslims across the country’ to boycott the funeral ceremony.

“We pay rich tributes and salute the bravery, valour and faith of Mumtaz Qadri,” the statement said, adding that the ministers, politicians, ‘so-called’ intellectuals and anchor persons should learn lessons from the governor’s death. The scholars said that those who insult the Holy Prophet (pbuh), even if they did not intend to, were liable for death.

Jamiat Ulemae Pakistan (JUP) central executive committee member Maulana Shabbir went as far as saying that in his opinion Salmaan Taseer was ‘Wajubul Qatil’ (must be killed according to divine law). “He had called the divine law of God, a black law and tried to protect a condemned blasphemer,”

they should all be thrown in jail.............and anybody who talks like that should also be thrown in jail

in Malaysia and Saudia, they have rehab for such extremist people....

where are the ALLAMA-IQBALs of our time!!!! liberal yet conservative....god fearing & yet rational too!!

i guess our half baked society doesn't know where to draw the line between religion and liberalism! or fanaticism & religion!

prophet preached tolerance something that pakistan lacks be it in politics or ethnicity or religion!

they should all be thrown in jail.............and anybody who talks like that should also be thrown in jail

Well that would be ideal! But unfortunately nothing is going to happen to them and they are going to keep on spewing nonsense unless the government takes care of them once in for all or the people stop giving them support and stand up to them.

Let's not lie to each other now?We all know people like this murderer who killed ST has huge support in Pakistan.People are gloryfying him even Pakistani Community abroad (Some of 'em).So You are only a minority.Pakistanis by heart are extremists.(Majority of them).Now i understand why America worries about security of our WMD.

no i think that is utter bullshyte.......why do even moderate religious parties fail to gain any major seats in the elections?

i dont think we are intolerant....its just that the media gives the intolerant more attention sometimes; people focus more on the bad than the good. I dont know if this is in our human nature or what.

I've been alive long enough to know that while we do have some pretty effin intolerant, bigoted, jahhil people in our country ---they are not the majority.

through training and through experiences --- you come to realize that the 'value' or 'credibility' people bring about for themselves is based not on their religion; but on their accomplishments and contribution towards their society, themselves, their country as a whole

these religious extremists are the biggest cancer to Pakistan......they have no humanity in them at all; just brainless buzzards who remain unkempt and want to impose their man-made laws on Allah SWTs subjects

actually, i think it's time to take the gloves off and confront them once and for all....None of them should be spared.

Last edited:
Let's not lie to each other now?We all know people like this murderer who killed ST has huge support in Pakistan.People are gloryfying him even Pakistani Community abroad (Some of 'em).So You are only a minority.Pakistanis by heart are extremists.(Majority of them).Now i understand why America worries about security of our WMD.
Apparently there is a fan page on facebook for Qadri, I agree, what hurts most is the utter disappointing way the Pakistani nation is failing the test of humanity

If this issue isnt suppressed..and it goes from bad to worse.. it may spark a civil war.
And you can kiss those nukes bye bye..

These "revivalists" have pushed Pakistan one step closer to its end..

no i think that is utter bullshyte

You are delusional!!!!!!!!!! All Pakistanis are hard core extremists and that was proved cent percent correct after Salman Taseer's assassination! I was shocked to see comments on various social networking websites and of my colleagues too! I cannot explain my feelings after watching such an inhuman behaviour of Pakistani!

Apparently there is a fan page on facebook for Qadri, I agree, what hurts most is the utter disappointing way the Pakistani nation is failing the test of humanity

I just checked it. I think Facebook is deleting these fan pages but they are opened again and again. Shocking!

the only way to properly "f*ck you" to the cancers in this country who are trying to nibble away at it -- is to REPEAL this pathetic law.

they say "we will wage anarchy in Pakistan if you repeal it"

we should say

BRING IT ON

because after today, if we dont do anything --then we are screwed
Shouldnt we check those who misuse the LAW instead? i think that would be a win win for all of us - the evil is nipped and tolerance will prevail.

This is what I posted at another blogspace. I am writing this the deepest worries and utter sense of dejection for Pakistan.

But on the whole, the society has reached such a point that I am despairing now more than I had despaired even when Benazir Bhutto was killed. At that time, I thought, the tyranny of the military rule was ending and the new parliament would at least provide at least some sense of participation to people. However, because of too many reasons that is not so. I will leave that discussion for some other time. Right now, it is ‘what needs to be done’.

The answers, to me, are not simple of course. I have thought about many scenarios and came to some conclusions. I admit, mostly in early stages. Some quick thoughts here:
1) Making peace with India at the minimal acceptable level at the earliest possible date.
2) Getting the hell out of WOT and ending dependence on American dollars while, at the same time, ensuring Americans leave Afghanistan and no Al-Qaida takes over there.
3) Giving Pakistan to the UN in a trusteeship to be governed by the UN GA/SC members input, thus dissolving the existing political and military dynasties (and they are not just the usual ‘feudal’ kinds, btw) to be replaced by some foreigners. Perhaps the British Raj again!
4) Breaking up of Pakistan into ‘confederate’ States, something along the line of the Southern Confederacy (no slaves though!) or even Mujib’s 6-points in the then E.Pakistan.
5) Forming of a national govt. with an Ata Turk like strong man, backed by the might of the military, for 2 decades, to be supported international players, to reform the infrastructure in every sense–starting with the education.

Now, I know these are jumbled thoughts. Some of them are in direct opposition to others and that is fine by me. I am thinking out aloud. I am brainstorming everything. But I feel backed up to the wall and know that the ‘evolution’ to democracy approach I espoused barely 3 years ago is not going to work in the hell-hole that Pakistan has become. I mean, if you had only 2-3 outspoken prominent leaders in a country of 170 millions and one of them killed then you know that the battle–nay, the war, should be to salvage what we can to provide something better for the 170 million somehow. What we have is not going to work. Not with what we have to work with.

Drastic measures require equally drastic measures.

Back
Top Bottom