What's new

No country for brave men

Ref to the post #12 (permalink), if i'm not mistaken didnt this Sunni ittihad demonstrated against barbaric actions by Talibans, they even took to streets when a clip appeared showing a girl being whipped by talibans, so how come they r supporting a murderer ? i neva liked Salman Taseer(May his soul rest in peace) but am also not supporting these mullahs, who have held us hostage for so long.. Ok what eva late Governor said was wrong, but who gave the right to these Mullahs to glorify the killer.. These mullahs r just using us to their own personal & political gains....

BARELVI'S CELEBERATE!

KARACHI: More than 500 religious scholars belonging to the Barelvi school of thought paid rich tributes to the assassin of Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer on Tuesday and urged ‘Muslims across the country’ to boycott the funeral ceremony.

While the Deoband and Barelvi leaders appear to be on the same page when it comes to condemning the slain Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader for terming the blasphemy law as a black law, the Barelvi scholars, who claim to be the ‘true lovers of the Holy Prophet (pbuh)’, have taken a more hardline stance.

The largest body of the Barelvi group, the Jamaate Ahle Sunnat Pakistan (JASP), whose directions are considered binding on every other organisation that follows the same school of thought, issued a statement saying that “No Muslim should attend the funeral or even try to pray for Salmaan Taseer or even express any kind of regret or sympathy over the incident.”

The statement which has been endorsed by senior Barelvi leaders such as Professor Saeed Shah Kazmi, Allama Syed Riaz Hussain Shah, Syed Shah Turabul Haq Qadri and Hajji Mohammad Tayyab calls the assassin Mumtaz Hussain Qadri ‘Ashiqe Rasool Ghaziye Mulk (Lover of the Prophet, Commander of the Country)’.

“We pay rich tributes and salute the bravery, valour and faith of Mumtaz Qadri,” the statement said, adding that the ministers, politicians, ‘so-called’ intellectuals and anchor persons should learn lessons from the governor’s death. The scholars said that those who insult the Holy Prophet (pbuh), even if they did not intend to, were liable for death.

Hajji Mohammad Tayyab, who is also the secretary general of the Sunni Ittehad Council, told The Express Tribune that scholars had “repeatedly urged the president, prime minister and Governor Taseer himself that if their knowledge about the blasphemy law are limited, they should consult them and avoid debating over the issue as it would inflame the people and then anything could happen.”

Shah Turabul Haq Qadri’s son Siraj, also a senior member of the JASP, endorsed the statement and said it was now binding on every Muslim.

Jamiat Ulemae Pakistan (JUP) central executive committee member Maulana Shabbir went as far as saying that in his opinion Salmaan Taseer was ‘Wajubul Qatil’ (must be killed according to divine law). “He had called the divine law of God, a black law and tried to protect a condemned blasphemer,” he said.

Senior Sunni Tehrik leader Shahid Ghauri said although his party was yet to issue any formal statement about the matter, he would support the call of JASP because the people who gave the edict were his elders.

Senior Jamaate Islami leader Farid Paracha distanced his organisation from the JASP statement, but condemned the governor for calling the blasphemy law, a black law. “I believe that this call for changing the law was being done at the behest of the US and other western powers.”

Senior cleric of the Deoband school of thought and Jamia Binoria chief Mufti Naeem said he could not understand why the slain PPP leader invited trouble for himself, especially given that the blasphemy law was passed in 1985 by the parliament unanimously. “He kept on taking Aasia’s name, but I ask why didn’t he ever make a similar plea for Aafia (Siddiqui).” Naeem said although Islam says that anyone who commits blasphemy is liable to death punishment, what the killer Mumtaz Qadri did was totally wrong as he took the law into his hand.

“The blasphemy law was made exactly to prevent such incidents. Else there will be chaos in the country and everyone would kill everyone,” he said. Maulana Asad Thanvi too supported Naeem’s stance and said although what governor Taseer did was condemnable in the strongest words, he should have been tried in the courts.

Allama Abbas Kumaili of the Shia school of thought said the blasphemy law can be misused and there was no doubt about it. “But the way Salmaan Taseer took up the matter was blunt which inflamed the more emotional and ignorant people of our country.”

Published in The Express Tribune, January 5th, 2011.

Hardline Stance: Religious bloc condones murder – The Express Tribune

I posted this in another thread but these mullah's cannot get anymore disgusting.

AS A NATION PAKISTAN IS SPLITTING MORE AND MORE!

1) IN PROVINCES

2) IN CITIES

3) IN RELIGION

HALF OF US ON THIS FORUM BELIEVE THAT KILLING SALAM WAS A GREAT THING!!! WHILE THE OTHER HALF ARE JUST SHOCKED AT WHAT UNFOLDED!

both sides believe the other is the extremist!

i personally feel what salman taseer said about blasphemy law should have been avoided by him.... BUT KILLING HIM WELL THAT IS NOT ISLAM!!!

people used to stone our prophet (in TAIF) call him names and yet he tolerated! and here we are going around killing people!!

BOTH SIDES ARE WRONG! AND FOR PAKSITAN'S SAKE I PRAY THAT WE CAN UNITE AND STOP BICKERING AMONGST,RELIGION,POLITICAL PARTIES & ETHNICITES!

I posted this in another thread but these mullah's cannot get anymore disgusting.

May be you didnt read this paragraph in the article you are referring to.

Hajji Mohammad Tayyab, who is also the secretary general of the Sunni Ittehad Council, told The Express Tribune that scholars had “repeatedly urged the president, prime minister and Governor Taseer himself that if their knowledge about the blasphemy law are limited, they should consult them and avoid debating over the issue as it would inflame the people and then anything could happen.”

Sir I am also very perplexed at the heights of Pakistani intolerance. Discussing Blasphemy laws at the morning chai in the morning today, a colleague came really close to threatening me too for just debating issue why its not okay to kill no matter what is being said.

Concepts of freedom haven't touched these people, they have been slaves of one thing or the other their entire life. These are not Muslims but slaves of an ideology they think is Islam.

This is no country for brave men, indeed - just whiny tantrum throwers. The rest of us, that matter, we have bullets with our names on them.

@Asim,
I really appreciate your input on all this. You, despite your earlier reservations, did some analytical reasoning after Taseer's death and came to some inspiring thoughts and a bit of turn around about him. This is called rationality.
Compared to you, there are some here have not the brain of a human being nor the heart of a human being to do reasoning or feel for the children of Salman Taseer. They remain the BIGGEST threat to Pakistan because of the relatively more pronounced influence they have in the society, unlike an uneducated villager in a far off area.

Yes, no country for brave men. So you be careful. You keep up the fight but in lower profile. One day, perhaps a real Ata Turk will rise in Pakistan who will put these religious fanatics on notice. Then you will have the active support of the State to crush these cancerous elements within Pakistan. But until then---live. Pakistan needs you and many others like you in this Forum and elsewhere.

Thanks to the supporters and opposers of the least significant Blasphemy laws which haven't effected more than a dozen people since introduction..the solution of most important issues,such as price hike and load shedding which effect tens of millions..will be further delayed..
when will we set our priorities right?

ask this question to scumbags who are gloating at other misery.

Let it be known that with all his quirks, warts n all... Salman Taseer dies a hero and a martyr of Pakistan.

I hope his death brings about an end to these laws, once and for all.

Major Aziz bhatti is a Martyr of pakistan.

the killer is no ghazi but calling Salman taseer a hero, ok, arguable; but Martyr is streaching the term a bit dont you think??

Isnt it obvious enough?

Anywaz, i was trying to convey the bigotry that prevails among most of us.
The problem is, and almost all liberals can feel it, that if Taseer can be killed for making a few comments of change, what can happen to the rest of us common folk?

Shireen Rehman, came on TV and started giving excuses for her anti-Blasphemy laws comments, obviously she is afraid. All liberals will be afraid, cower down, and won't speak up - Mullahs win.

I see it as a fight for Pakistan. Either quit Pakistan, quit being a Pakistani or carry on with determination. Come what may. This is my country too, dammit!

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Major Aziz bhatti is a Martyr of pakistan.

the killer is no ghazi but calling Salman taseer a Martyr is streaching the term a bit dont you think??
A martyr in my view is somebody who died serving Pakistan.

Let it be known that with all his quirks, warts n all... Salman Taseer dies a hero and a martyr of Pakistan.

I hope his death brings about an end to these laws, once and for all.

the only way to properly "f*ck you" to the cancers in this country who are trying to nibble away at it -- is to REPEAL this pathetic law.

they say "we will wage anarchy in Pakistan if you repeal it"

we should say

BRING IT ON

because after today, if we dont do anything --then we are screwed

yes, but i think we a getting a little too liberal with the term.

In a way..the statement given is correct in saying the President and governor should have consulted them on the law.. and stated clearly the issues..
But..
they the tone suggests that they are the sole guardians of the Fiqh..
Incorrect.

@ fatman..
A ghost that is haunting this country and forcing many to flee their home..
There is no one to claim the mantle of the exorcist..
Those that do.. the minions of the ghost do not spare..

May be you didnt read this paragraph in the article you are referring to.

Maybe you skipped over these parts of the article, parts that were most important.

KARACHI: More than 500 religious scholars belonging to the Barelvi school of thought paid rich tributes to the assassin of Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer on Tuesday and urged ‘Muslims across the country’ to boycott the funeral ceremony.

“We pay rich tributes and salute the bravery, valour and faith of Mumtaz Qadri,” the statement said, adding that the ministers, politicians, ‘so-called’ intellectuals and anchor persons should learn lessons from the governor’s death. The scholars said that those who insult the Holy Prophet (pbuh), even if they did not intend to, were liable for death.

Jamiat Ulemae Pakistan (JUP) central executive committee member Maulana Shabbir went as far as saying that in his opinion Salmaan Taseer was ‘Wajubul Qatil’ (must be killed according to divine law). “He had called the divine law of God, a black law and tried to protect a condemned blasphemer,”

If thats not disgusting then I dont know what is

Back
Top Bottom