What's new

Nine Pakistani troops killed by militants: officials

Why everyone is fighting in this thread???????????

Its a mixture of terrorism, extremism, freedom movement, military etc. etc.

For army its people are innocent and for terrorists they are for a cause the root cause is hate-ideology-extremism-exploitation-politics.

Yeah, I see how I can come in for such criticism. Yet isn't it the same pattern of thought today as then? Pakistani generals, believing they are pursuing a "noble cause", concentrating on preserving territory under their control rather than the well-being and safety of the soldiers and citizenry?

the soldiers believe the same......and it is a noble cause

you just wouldnt understand it, since your knowledge of military or serving your country is zilch.

And in 1971 East Pakistan was a "noble cause" that "the entire nation" stood behind?

Now what we have here is a clear sign of bipolar disorder. Diagnosing this is extremely difficult, even for mental health professionals. So people don't waste your time :lol:

when 30 navy seals killed by talibs in afghanistan and american issued a brief detail about their incidence and glorifing them solomon2 didn't object but when pakistanis did, he object

when american pathological lier generals presented a case to invade iraq on the basis of wmd and later they change their stance to bringing democracy in iraq and when they started to return in body bags, solomon 2 didnt whinned about his generals. But in case of pakistan he has his objections

when america shamelesly invaded vietnam and done horrible attroicities by wiping out scores of villages, and even killed children women and elders if american soldiers suspected them to be viet cong symphtaizers all in the name of "nobel cause" and when they had to run away from vietname leaving a "nobel cause" behind solomon 2 didn't object, but when pakistan did solomon 2 object

obsession has no boundries.

dying for a country is the biggest honour one could ask for......you, being a civilian your whole life, wouldn't ever understand

Right you are, I believe every Pakistani even as being a civilians knows the honor of dieing for a Nation like Pakistan and would do so in the hour of need for the Country which is evident since 2001, I cannot say the same about suleman and his fellas in his dual lands hint hint.

Right you are, I believe every Pakistani even as being a civilians knows the honor of dieing for a Nation like Pakistan and would do so in the hour of need for their country which is evident since 2001, I cannot say the same about suleman and his fellas in his dual lands hint hint.

it's always easy to blindly criticize due to certain hatred or gross misunderstanding; unfortunately in his case, this is what afflicts him and people of his mindset

im very critical, by the way, about Pakistan's policy-makers but more so due to their domestic f*ck ups.

What an attitude. Does he really think the soldiers wished to die to further the careers of incompetent or manipulative senior commanders rather than live to defeat the terrorists?

Nothing to do with the attitude. This is just the way the communications around casualties are worded. "Embracing martyrdom" has a respectful connotation for their sacrifice. You wont see the military spokesman just stating 9 KIAs even though in official reporting that is how the casualties are reported.

Solomon --- Pakistan isn't the U.S.

things are different in different parts of the world. We refer to fallen soldiers as Shaheeds. That's what we've been doing in all wars fought.

if you don't like it, DEAL!

RIP to the brave soldiers.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Technically the FC is under the Interior Ministry, not the Army, though officers in the FC (many of whom have been martyred fighting with FC units) are seconded from the Army.

And as far as reducing casualties and detecting ambushes is concerned, a significant factor is troop protection, aerial surveillance in support of convoys and patrols, and better equipped soldiers.

I have a small doubt. IS the FC to your western border what the RAngers are to your eastern border? or are there some more powers/responsiblities involved?

I note that not one Pakistani here is willing to touch the issue of military incompetence. And you still wonder why Pakistani democracy is shaky, blaming that exclusively on politicians or dead dictators!

"sab ka waqt ata hey ... hamara b waqt ayega"

aaj inka game kal hamra game! phir rona mat! jo jo **** ka bacha Afghanistanmay apni *** daykar bheta tha kal ham dengay tu sheekain maroogay! adi tu marwa chukay hain Americnoo ki!

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

I note that not one Pakistani here is willing to touch the issue of military incompetence. And you still wonder why Pakistani democracy is shaky, blaming that exclusively on politicians or dead dictators!

If you are talking about incompetence

9/11
Vietnam
Iraq
Afghanistan
9/11 Commission report!

your dictionary full of examples!

And ur just a hate filled troll.

Next time us troops die.. we should blame it on the pentagon n their sheer incompetence.. Infact we should fire the whole friggin .... sitting in pentagon who invaded iraq and are getting raped in afghanistan..... incompetent american soldiers couldnt do jack in A"stan..

And u zionist ... should get lost from this thread which is meant to pay respect to our fallen heroes..

UR PATHETIC.

i haven't seen you blame the Pentagon and Langley -- whose lies, cherry-picking and misinformation led your country to bomb, invade and occupy Iraq

your former def. secretary went on record, claiming that his admin. knew where weapons of mass destruction were......

are you ready to apologize to hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed, because of the lies of your previous government?

If you are talking about incompetence
9/11
Vietnam
Iraq
Afghanistan...
And ur just a hate filled troll...
i haven't seen you blame the Pentagon and Langley -- whose lies, cherry-picking and misinformation led your country to bomb, invade and occupy -

None of which have anything to do with Pakistani military incompetence. It's all diversion, all running away from problems.

How do you guys manage to respect yourselves? I think that if you are ever going to have a chance of feeling the greatness of accomplishing noble deeds you are going to have to face challenges squarely.

Of course, it's easy for me to say that here in the U.S. as I don't have the responsibility you guys may have. If you envy me that's a mistake, for I envy you. Someday some Pakistanis are going to work hard to get your country right. Those that do will win great renown. That will never happen to me because I'm living in a country where everything works pretty much correctly already.

None of which have anything to do with Pakistani military incompetence. It's all diversion, all running away from problems.

How do you guys manage to respect yourselves? I think that if you are ever going to have a chance of feeling the greatness of accomplishing noble deeds you are going to have to face challenges squarely.

Of course, it's easy for me to say that here in the U.S. as I don't have the responsibility you guys may have. If you envy me that's a mistake, for I envy you. Someday some Pakistanis are going to work hard to get your country right. Those that do will win great renown. That will never happen to me because I'm living in a country where everything works pretty much correctly already.

Since you avoided my question and continued your rants. Tell me why you want to satisfy your ego?

Back
Top Bottom