What's new

Next CAS of Pakistan Air Force

Institutions are beyond one man. Only in Pakistan this concept of one man is promoted. Yes we have capable men ruling and hopefully will be replaced by equally capable men. Thats what Institutions are comprised off and meant to be.

Our beloved 'democratic institutions' are a terrible example of 'Institutions'; these can't even be called "institutions" rather "cattle farms". However, there is ONE exception though - Military is the most organised institution and can be described as a real "institution". So yes, I do agree with you partially. And that is why in my post I recommended to employ the current CAS as a "Consultant" to PAF so that the new CAS has "knowledge resource" available to him and is not lost. Every multinational, professional corporation/organisation does this and PAF is no different.

Our beloved 'democratic institutions' are a terrible example of 'Institutions'; these can't even be called "institutions" rather "cattle farms". However, there is ONE exception though - Military is the most organised institution and can be described as a real "institution". So yes, I do agree with you partially. And that is why in my post I recommended to employ the current CAS as a "Consultant" to PAF so that the new CAS has "knowledge resource" available to him and is not lost. Every multinational, professional corporation/organisation does this and PAF is no different.
Why bring democracy in it? We are talking about the 3 institutions army airforce and navy. And yes democratic institutions are a bloody joke but thats precisely because in Pakistan its about the person and not about the party or their agenda.

Defence ministry to send four names to PM for new air chief
16 HOURS AGO BY ONLINE
Sohail-Aman1.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The process of appointment of the new Chief of Air Staff has commenced and the Ministry of Defense will forward a summary containing names of four senior Pakistan Air Force (PAF) officers to Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi next week.

Sources in the Ministry of Defense said that serving Chief of Air Staff Sohail Aman would retire on March 18. He was appointed as air chief on March 18, 2015, by the former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

The Ministry of Defense had prepared a summary which would be forwarded to the prime minister early next week for approval. President Mamnoon Hussain would appoint the new air chief on the advice of the premier. Following the passage of the 18th constitutional amendment, the prime minister had been given the powers to select all the services chiefs.

The sources further said that the senior most officer was Vice Chief of Air Staff Farooq Habib. He was followed by Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Support) Mujahid Anwar. The other two officers included in the seniority list were Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Personnel) Arshad Mehmood and Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Administration) Asim Zaheer. All these four principal staff officers have also worked on other important posts in PAF in the past.

“If the prime minister keeps the seniority of officers in view, then Air Marshal Farooq Habib will be the most suitable candidate for the prestigious position. Whereas, Air Marshal Mujahid Anwar is also a strong contender for the coveted post,” the sources added.

Seniority does not matter....DCAS(O) is key and base commander sargodha as prior experiences. The rest is politics ...Punjabi vs Pathan vs mohajir etc. historically vcas never became chief..I think Jamal broke that rule...but it is very rare for vcas to become CAS. Transport pilots such as rashid sheikh were VCAS who can never become CAS. Although i think shafiq haider and Ali uddin were two VCASs that should have become CAS

Seniority does not matter....DCAS(O) is key and base commander sargodha as prior experiences. The rest is politics ...Punjabi vs Pathan vs mohajir etc. historically vcas never became chief..I think Jamal broke that rule...but it is very rare for vcas to become CAS. Transport pilots such as rashid sheikh were VCAS who can never become CAS. Although i think shafiq haider and Ali uddin were two VCASs that should have become CAS
Tahir Rafique butt was the last VCAS to be promoted as CAS. BTW DCAS (A) is also imp position they also get promoted.

From what i have learned is that the current ACM and other folks in the PAF are in favour of the VCAS to become the next PAF Airchief the other person equally popular is A/M Asim Zaheer who is said to be an ace F-16 jock and something of a daredevil.

From what i have learned is that the current ACM and other folks in the PAF are in favour of the VCAS to become the next PAF Airchief the other person equally popular is A/M Asim Zaheer who is said to be an ace F-16 jock and something of a daredevil.
And AM mujahid lost his major chunk of popularity due to one development.
Vcas has just one little issue he hasn't commanded any regional command or risalpur .
AM Asim zaheer If I am not wrong he was also Base commander of Shabaz ., his only issue is that he's 4th on list. Tho ACM sohail aman was 3rd on list but who knows:p:

And AM mujahid lost his major chunk of popularity due to one development.
Vcas has just one little issue he hasn't commanded any regional command or risalpur .
AM Asim zaheer If I am not wrong he was also Base commander of Shabaz ., his only issue is that he's 4th on list. Tho ACM sohail aman was 3rd on list but who knows:p:
To be frank, i haven't really been following the developments regarding these officers, only posted what i learned from certain sources, the same say if Arshad Malik or M.Anwar Khan make it to the top slot then its gonna be very very slow next 3 years for PAF.

To be frank, i haven't really been following the developments regarding these officers, only posted what i learned from certain sources, the same say if Arshad Malik or M.Anwar Khan make it to the top slot then its gonna be very very slow next 3 years for PAF.
All are very capable. There is another Sohail that everyone wanted for air chief as he was known to be an excellent fighter pilot, academic, officer....you name it....then instead current Sohail got the job....

A lot of factors go into play and sometimes the best candidates do not make the cut. Most of us will never know the actual reasons regardless how close the sources are...they run the air force...not us.

only posted what i learned from certain sources, the same say if Arshad Malik or M.Anwar Khan make it to the top slot then its gonna be very very slow next 3 years for PAF.
Yes , Your sources are right my sources said the same about them.

All are very capable. There is another Sohail that everyone wanted for air chief as he was known to be an excellent fighter pilot, academic, officer....you name it....then instead current Sohail got the job....

A lot of factors go into play and sometimes the best candidates do not make the cut. Most of us will never know the actual reasons regardless how close the sources are...they run the air force...not us.
Relationship with army also matter .

Definitely bold in flying.....far from an ace...

Update:
Current CAS along with his wife paying farewell visits alone at most bases not along with future CAS and his wife.

Air Chief Sohail Amaan’s retirement date was 19 March, but He had requested the Government of Pakistan that “I want to Prade for the last time”. So the Government of Pakistan has approved extension of ACM Sohail Amaan’s for a one week. According to this, ACM Sohail Amaan’s retirement date is now 26 March 2018. Sir Sohail Amaan will again represent the Pakistan Air Force in Pakistan Prade 2018...!
@Windjammer @Knuckles

Back
Top Bottom