What's new

News from within CAC (J-10B and J-20, also Pakistan related)

PAF has waited a years when J-10 were available and flying in numbers. Also Timeline for FC-20 was originally told to be 2013-2014. Now what on earth explains why PAF waited and why would it still wait to induct J-10s when J-10Bs are nearing production.

I simply do not buy this rumour. I do not doubt the credibility of this inside but it is not coinciding with what we have been witnessing over the years.

But Dude J10bs Also Ready so Why J10as If China Can give 50 Thunders on Emergency Bases So why Dont J10bs
Who told you J-10B was ready? Did you not read the original post? First plane won't be delivered to PLAAF until the end of the year. CAC has to fill the orders of Chinese air force and navy before able to extend production for Pakistan.

Q. What are the options available for PAF to enhance its fleet, and what new fighter types are expected to join PAF in the next five years?

Ans. As I have mentioned earlier, we are keeping all available options open and wants a well balanced multirole jet fighter aircraft. We will be inducting 18 new F-16C/Ds and most probably will use our option of 18 more after the first squadron will be operational. We will also be inducting 26 MLU F-16A/B as well as our existing fleet of 34 aircraft will also undergo the MLU upgrades. 150 JF-17 Thunders and 36 F-10A aircraft will also be joining PAF, and more F-10s can be expected. Most probably we will also purchase FC-20 fighter aircraft from China.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/22396-interviews.html#post311899

3) FC-20 order should be confirmed in next 12 months or so, whilst final configuration is worked out. Current J-10 technology is not upto PAF requirements and as the platform natures, PAF hopes to include western equipment in the J-10, thereby signifying a different version from PLAAF J-10, which will be known as FC-20 in PAF service. FC-20 will not be required to have any conformal fuel tanks, as it has sufficient internal fuel capacity as well as AAR by Il-78 Midas tankers. Although AESA radar would be nice to have, there is no confirmation if this will be made available to PAF. (persumably refers to non-Chinese suppliers willingness to supply)
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/22396-interviews.html#post311900

For the PAF, not only will the induction of 14 used F-16 aircraft and 18 new F-16C/D aircraft figure prominently in narrowing the gap, but continuing negotiations with China to purchase up to 36 FC-20 fighter aircraft - designated the J-10 in China - will also play an important role.

ACM Qamar said the PAF has finalised the technical proposal for the FC-20 and informed the Chinese of its requirements.

"[The technical proposal] is more or less finalised now. There are some changes that are required, which [the Chinese] are making," he said.

The next stage of the contract will involve financial negotiations between China and Pakistan. ACM Qamar believes that, following the signing of a contract, it will take two to two-and-a-half years before the first FC-20 aircraft is received.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/22396-interviews-2.html#post422017

FC20=J10B is beyond question
May be PAF change original plan for some reason .PAF is badly in need of some j10a and j10s fighters now?????

It was not out of question till this thread emerged. Read many threads on FC-20 on this forum alone. I will try to dig some info if i could. The big question to me, remains the absence of AESA. DSI is not a big deal as J-10A is pretty much ok without it. As i said it is still too early to draw a conclusion.

j10a are not coming to Pakistan Tomorrow it will also take Time may be 2013 or some thing we have waited 5 long years we can also wait 2 or 3 more Years.the Cause is JF tHunder
Who told you J-10B was ready? Did you not read the original post? First plane won't be delivered to PLAAF until the end of the year. CAC has to fill the orders of Chinese air force and navy before able to extend production for Pakistan.

PAF has waited a years when J-10 were available and flying in numbers. Also Timeline for FC-20 was originally told to be 2013-2014. Now what on earth explains why PAF waited and why would it still wait to induct J-10s when J-10Bs are nearing production.

I simply do not buy this rumour. I do not doubt the credibility of this inside but it is not coinciding with what we have been witnessing over the years.
The deal was signed more than 3 years ago, during which time J-10B was still a concept on paper. It's perfectly understandable that PAF chosed to purchase a modified J-10A.

Also this isn't a rumour. The guy works on these projects as part of the development team. It's like a guy working at a car factory telling you who bought their cars.

It was not out of question till this thread emerged. Read many threads on FC-20 on this forum alone. I will try to dig some info if i could. The big question to me, remains the absence of AESA. DSI is not a big deal as J-10A is pretty much ok without it. As i said it is still too early to draw a conclusion.

nabil_05

but huzigeng is the most dependable boss in CDF
I am afraid the infs may be true

I Think Fc 20 is Completely Different From J10as and J10bs and we dont saw a single pic of Original FC20.correct me if i am Wrong

j10a are not coming to Pakistan Tomorrow it will also take Time may be 2013 or some thing we have waited 5 long years we can also wait 2 or 3 more Years.the Cause is JF tHunder
Pakistan signed the deal a few years back, when J-10B did not exist yet. All of their evaluations was done on J-10A, and it's no surprise they would order a modified verison of it.

kindly provide the chinese link -- thanks!
Link is included at the bottom of my original post.

An alternate thought, if our J-10A has a customized nose to fit AESA then it should be enough for some years to come and more can be done in coming years :D

What i knew is that ours will have a customized avionic suite, i hope it includes AESA.

J-10B: An upgraded variant of the J-10, also known as the "Super-10."[32] The existence of the J-10B is not confirmed by official Chinese sources, but numerous images of a new J-10 variant have surfaced, showing a prototype J-10 modified with a diverterless supersonic inlet (DSI), an infra-red search and track (IRST) sensor, modified vertical stabiliser, ventral fins, housings fitted under the wings, and a modified nose that could indicate an AESA or PESA radar.[33][34] It had its first flight in December 2008.

FC20 An export variant of the J-10 designed for the Pakistan Air Force First flight stated to take place in 2009 there will be no big difference b/w Fc20 and J10bs
Pakistan signed the deal a few years back, when J-10B did not exist yet. All of their evaluations was done on J-10A, and it's no surprise they would order a modified verison of it.

Link is included at the bottom of my original post.

J-10B: An upgraded variant of the J-10, also known as the "Super-10."[32] The existence of the J-10B is not confirmed by official Chinese sources, but numerous images of a new J-10 variant have surfaced, showing a prototype J-10 modified with a diverterless supersonic inlet (DSI), an infra-red search and track (IRST) sensor, modified vertical stabiliser, ventral fins, housings fitted under the wings, and a modified nose that could indicate an AESA or PESA radar.[33][34] It had its first flight in December 2008.

FC20 An export variant of the J-10 designed for the Pakistan Air Force First flight stated to take place in 2009 there will be no big difference b/w Fc20 and J10bs
No, you ordered a modified J-10A with upgraded avionics. Huzhigeng's comments made that clear already. Pakistan did NOT order J-10B.

Okay Bro i Agree But i think Fc20 will Be close To J10bs.what do you Think
No, you ordered a modified J-10A with upgraded avionics. Huzhigeng's comments made that clear already. Pakistan did NOT order J-10B.

Is there a Single Original Pic Of FC20 not J10as or J10bs or Specification Given By Company

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom