What's new

Newly built LPC for Bangladesh Navy launched in China

Would have been great if the ship had some SAMs to counter threats from the air, the CIWS not capable in handling multiple attacks from the air.

Are you sure? PNS azmat and this ship looks quite different and they will play different roles. Or are you imlying that they both have the same specs?

oops! I thought they were same!! what are the differences??

oops! I thought they were same!! what are the differences??

They look different, so i was wondering if your claim is really true

2qmov3l.jpg

FAC-Azmat-2.jpg

i thought LPC means L**d P*Y C***h :rofl:

LPC = Large Patrol Craft

They look different, so i was wondering if your claim is really true

This Large Patrol Craft is specifically designed for Bangladesh Navy for patrolling duties; it is different from the PNS Azmat class FAC(M), which is a missile attack craft, designed specifically for Pakistan Navy as requested.

Nope!! Still not planned!!

At the moment , These are being constructed in Bangladesh!!

According to this photo, china mad LPCs have air defence capabilities!! Fm-90 maybe??

LPC for Bangladesh navy is currently being constructed in Wuchang Shipyard (same shipyard where they are building 056 hull 3) in China.

FM-90 on a patrol craft? Won't that be very expensive, for patrolling duties?

Besides, "the BN Large Patrol Craft have an overall length of 64m and displacement 648 tons at a top speed of 28 knots."

Here is a link:
daily sun | Metropolis

Here is a photo from China defense blog which in turn was originated from Chinese XFJS forum.
10_4173_dbee2bbce8e3a32.jpg

The launching of the first BN Large Patrol Craft (LPC) being constructed in China has been successfully completed at Wuchang Shipyard here on Sunday.

Captain A M Quamrul Huq, BN as the representative of Bangladesh Navy, Assistant Defence Attaché (Navy) of Bangladesh Embassy in China, high officials from the Chinese side and representatives from Bangladesh community in Wuhan were present in the ceremony.

The BN Large Patrol Crafts have an overall length of 64m and displacement 648 tons at a top speed of 28 knots, said an ISPR release.

Each LPC has been armed with Surface to Surface Missile, Guns and Subsurface Weapons integrated with command and control system including the state-of-the-art combat, navigation, communication systems and other sophisticated machinery and equipment.

These Large Patrol Crafts have been constructed to suit Bangladesh Navy’s specific requirements and are highly potent platforms.

Their mission spans the entire spectrum of naval warfare, including Air, Surface and Sub-surface. They will be primarily deployed to perform maritime defence and surveillance in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of Bangladesh.

They will also be used for maritime search and rescue, fishery and natural resources protection, as well as law enforcement duties.

The second warship under the present project is expected to be launched soon. After necessary tests and trials, the ships will soon join BN Flotilla in Bangladesh.

UNBconnect... - Newly built LPC for Bangladesh Navy launched in China

image_243_50243.jpg

10_4173_dbee2bbce8e3a32.jpg

the main guns are different, Bangladesh use 76mm main gun!!!!!!

you main gun is a 76mm one and she has device to detect subs !!!

I think our LPC can also detect subs, the article mentions that our LPC has subsurface weapons.

yes these are same ships!! 3 Built by china for Pakistan and BD

Not exactly. But yes they are very similar ships.

The most noticeable distinction is the Bulbous Bow. The BN LPCs have the Bulbous Bow which the PNS Azmat Class lacks.

A bulbous bow is a protruding bulb at the bow (or front) of a ship just below the waterline. The bulb modifies the way the water flows around the hull, reducing drag and thus increasing speed, range, fuel efficiency, and stability. Bulbous bows are used in vessels when:

The length is longer than about 15 metres (49 ft)
The vessel will operate in coastal and deep sea
The vessel will operate most of the time at or near its maximum speed.

I think our LPC can also detect subs, the article mentions that our LPC has subsurface weapons.

I think so too..it has more tonnage than the same FACM/LPC PN have. the extra tonnage is I think for ASW things.

Back
Top Bottom