What's new

New Oil, Gas Reserves Discovered in Sanghar

Abu Zolfiqar

Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
4925d87c8ae285ac17ee6ecb7e4cfcfb.gif

SANGHAR: The Oil & Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) and its partners announced the discovery of oil and gas from an exploratory well in Sinjhoro.

The area was located 22.5km northwest of Sanghar in Sindh. The Baloch well No 1 was drilled to a depth of 3,463 meters and tested by the OGDCL.

Significant reserves of hydrocarbons were also found in the well.

Oil, gas reserves discovered in Sanghar - GEO.tv

Excellent for us,hope it does'nt get politicized like other project like Qadirpur gas project and thar coal.:coffee:

How much are the reserves? its not a complete news, i think it will take some time to find out about the reserves

We found a gas from sindh couple of weeks ago as well

Well i know 1 Thing

Pakistan's 60% Gas Output comes from Sindh ....

All Royalties should goto Sindh Govt Rather than Centre

Excellent for us,hope it does'nt get politicized like other project like Qadirpur gas project and thar coal.:coffee:

Qadirpur project was not politicized infact its privatization was, which i also think is also a bad idea.

Awsome news lets just hope the GOV puts it to the right use!

All provinces of Pakistan are blessed with natural resources.

Sindh and Baluchistan are blessed with natural gas, oil, and coal. Also both Sindh and Baluchistan have beautiful coastlines, the sea ports in these two provinces are very important for Pakistan. Punjab is blessed with agricultural resources, largest salt mines in the world, wheat, etc. FATA and some parts of NWFP are also believed to have huge gas reseves.

780 BBL of oil per day and 3.5 MMCFD of gas

That is nothing, they should put a small power plant there and give power to sanghar from that plant and also gas to Sanghar should also be given from that field. putting 3.5 mmcfd gas in the National grid will be a waste of money

Well i know 1 Thing

Pakistan's 60% Gas Output comes from Sindh ....

All Royalties should go to Sindh Govt Rather than Centre
Since Sindh is not an autonomous Province, one cannot demand a 100% royalty to the Sindh govt. However, the govt of Pakistan should sit with the Provincial govts and share the royalty with Sindh or Baluchistan, wherever the mineral is discovered.

A fair distribution of wealth is what is needed to truly unify Pakistan. Small grievances held by the local population are finally used by India to spread discontent and rebellion. Pakistan must foresee any future problems that may arise when a local population is deprived of its due share.

For the information of all members, Royalties which are 12.5% of wellhead price and Gas Development Surcharge which is annually about 20 billion rupees goes to the provinces totally.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom