What's new

New Iranian Rifle Zolfaqar !

Apparently the glock can't fire :rofl:

You are cementing more and more the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about.
:rofl: LOL, You're comparing a supposedly Military Grade (?!) Automatic (?!) Assault (?!) Rifle (?!) with a series of handguns and then telling me i have no idea what i'm talking about?

Last edited:
Did the makers say that this rifles design was finalized, or is this just a prototype model and the rifle is still being worked on?

I get the feeling that many members come to the Iranian section and bash the weapons designed by Iranians because they think that this is the final product. Some more clarification would greatly remedy this issue. If any members do know if the product being criticized is still in prototype phases please do inform others so that misinformation doesn't get propagated.
Of-course he said this is the first complete prototype model and the rifle is still being worked on. It needs probably to been tested by military and we may see some small changes.

:rofl: LOL, You're comparing a supposedly Military Grade (?!) Automatic (?!) Assault (?!) Rifle (?!) with a series of handguns and then telling me i have no idea what i'm talking about?
Well obviously you dont otherwise you would know that not only is polymer extensively used for things such as magazines,stocks,grips etc,but also we are now seeing lower receivers made out of polymer as well.Its pretty obvious that the iranian gun is clearly inspired to some degree by the FN Scar which as it happens also uses a polymer lower as well so it wouldnt be a surprise if the iranian one did too.

Well obviously you dont otherwise you would know that not only is polymer extensively used for things such as magazines,stocks,grips etc,but also we are now seeing lower receivers made out of polymer as well.Its pretty obvious that the iranian gun is clearly inspired to some degree by the FN Scar which as it happens also uses a polymer lower as well so it wouldnt be a surprise if the iranian one did too.
The SCAR only uses polymer in lower receiver, the mockup that we have in here, some if it's main parts were created by a 3D printer.

Last edited:
The SCAR only uses polymer in lower receiver, the mockup that we have in here, some if it's main parts were created by a 3D printer.
The only main part,apart from the ancillaries that is,to be made from polymer would be the lower receiver as its pretty obvious,at least to my eyes at any rate,that the upper is made from metal and if thats metal then the barrel and piston are as well,in addition in this video you can clearly see the upper is metal and the guy holding it repeatedly cocks the weapon as well and you can clearly hear the sound of the internal components being actuated,which I doubt you would have in a plastic mock up.

The only main part,apart from the ancillaries that is,to be made from polymer would be the lower receiver as its pretty obvious,at least to my eyes at any rate,that the upper is made from metal and if thats metal then the barrel and piston are as well,in addition in this video you can clearly see the upper is metal and the guy holding it repeatedly cocks the weapon as well and you can clearly hear the sound of the internal components being actuated,which I doubt you would have in a plastic mock up.
OK, here we go.
-The trigger is poorly designed.
-Grip is a cheap copy of AR-15 grip with poor ergonomics.
-Angled grip is also poorly designed.
-This mockup doesn't have any handguard.
-There's no reason to use these iron sights.
-It's not clear what barrel is made of, but it clearly connected to the receiver with four screws, Also it doesn't have any threads for installing muzzle devices. Also you can see in the video below (time 2:52) that the barrel bends about 2 cms when the guy barely touches it (?!). It's either because that the barrel is made of polymer or it isn't connected to the receiver (which means that those screws were just meant to hold barrel so that it doesn't eject out of the gun during the show) or the designer team f**ked up with dimensions.
-In the same video (Time 4:09), Right after he presses the magazine release button, The magazine doesn't eject automatically, he has to eject it manually by force (?!).
-The connecting rod between the piston and the bolt group is also missing (?!).
-Also for some reasons, The magazines are perforated (?!).
So much for the best weapon in the world....

Last edited:
OK, here we go.
-It's not clear what barrel is made of, but it clearly connected to the receiver with four screws, Also it doesn't have any threads for installing muzzle devices. Also you can see in the video below (time 2:52) that the barrel bends about 2 cms when the guy barely touches it (?!). It's either because that the barrel is made of polymer or it isn't connected to the receiver (which means that those screws were just meant to hold barrel so that it doesn't eject out of the gun during the show) or the designer team f**ked up with dimensions.
-In the same video (Time 4:09), Right after he presses the magazine release button, The magazine doesn't eject automatically, he has to eject it manually by force (?!).

So much for the best weapon in the world....
Can you do an assessment of MPT-76 in the Turkish section ?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkish-made-firearms.300627/

... and you say yourself that many guns have lower receiver made of polymer.

Go on, how is it? Looks almost if not exactly like a SCAR-H trigger.

Looks similar to a SCAR grip.

Not even part of the gun, it is an attachment that probably won't be used by most soldiers.

Are you looking at the same rifle as us? Can you point out how the Zolfaqar doesn't have a handguard?

Another attachment, which can be determined by army regulations.

1. It has a free floating barrel.

2. The guy said the barrel is not real for safety reasons (as he was just demonstrating it in a hall full of people).

-In the same video (Time 4:09), Right after he presses the magazine release button, The magazine doesn't eject automatically, he has to eject it manually by
force (?!).

He had his hand on the mag before he pressed the button. He probably just didn't want it to fall on the floor.

Show me where. I would think we can't tell if it is there or not from these pictures.

SD-SDGE0631-lg-02.jpg

Last edited:

Not even part of the gun, it is an attachment that probably won't be used by most soldiers.

Are you looking at the same rifle as us? Can you point out how the Zolfaqar doesn't have a handguard?

2. The guy said the barrel is not real for safety reasons (as he was just demonstrating it in a hall full of people).

He had his hand on the mag before he pressed the button. He probably just didn't want it to fall on the floor.

Show me where. I would think we can't tell if it is there or not from these pictures.

SD-SDGE0631-lg-02.jpg
Aww!,you beat me to it Amir!.:lol:
I did have to laugh at the bending barrel claim,which for the life of me I cant see in the vid and even polymer likely wouldnt bend an inch,maybe rubber might tho`.[lol!]:disagree:
And of course the screws are there just to retain the guard over the barrel and gas piston not the barrel itself as it is almost certainly free floating just like in the scar.:agree:
And heres a pic of the scar lower receiver and grip along with the zolfaqars,they certainly look quite a bit similar dont they?,so I guess the scar must have poor ergonomics as well,thats in addition to being a cheap ar15 copy too.:rolleyes:
receivers.jpg

Last edited:
This rifle honestly looks like a decent starting design that needs some more refinement. It's a scar influenced rifle, nothing less and maybe a lot more.

I did have to laugh at the bending barrel claim,which for the life of me I cant see in the vid and even polymer likely wouldnt bend an inch,maybe rubber might tho`.[lol!]:disagree:
And of course the screws are there just to retain the guard over the barrel and gas piston not the barrel itself as it is almost certainly free floating just like in the scar.:agree:
And heres a pic of the scar lower receiver and grip along with the zolfaqars,they certainly look quite a bit similar dont they?,so I guess the scar must have poor ergonomics as well,thats in addition to being a cheap ar15 copy too.:rolleyes:
Yeah you guys don't know what you are talking about...
SCAR-H Trigger:
Yi4cmyt.jpg

Xo2EoXN.jpg

Comparing with this:
zFaSLsh.jpg

XzrJEfP.jpg

KFf6p1B.jpg

If you can't tell the difference, Then i can't really help you.
receivers.jpg
Here's AR-15 Grip:
jVaVcFM.jpg

Comparing with Zolfaqars Grip:
AZjRcAB.jpg

ewynPQZ.jpg

CkTDK2w.jpg
li56lv6.jpg
tOQLp3D.jpg

Also comparing scar and zolfaqars grips:
Qba2NaY.jpg

nWR8YE7.jpg

Now if you guys can't tell the difference, Then i can't really do anything about it.
And heres a pic of the scar lower receiver and grip along with the zolfaqars,they certainly look quite a bit similar dont they?
Nope :disagree:.
so I guess the scar must have poor ergonomics as well,thats in addition to being a cheap ar15 copy too.:rolleyes:
Nope :disagree:, Zolfaqar's grip is a cheap copy of AR-15 (Or SCAR) grip with poor ergonomics.
Still doesn't change the fact that it is poorly designed, which means the designer team had no idea what they were doing.
What you see in these photos isn't a handguard, it's the upper receiver itself.
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/SCAR-Products-s/269.htm
Still doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't use it in the first place (Unless if they want to use Zolfaqar as a sniper rifle), Probably they added offset iron sights to this mockup so it looks cool.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/foghorn/ask-foghorn-what-are-offset-iron-sights-for/
OMG:omghaha:, You guys don't know what free-floating barrel means. Read & learn:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-floating_barrel
A free-floating barrel is one in which the barrel and stock are designed to not touch at any point along the barrel's length. The barrel is attached to its receiver, which is attached to the stock, but the barrel "floats freely" without any contact with other gun parts, other than the rifle's sights. This minimizes the variance in possible mechanical pressure distortions of the barrel alignment, and allows vibration to occur at the natural frequency consistently and uniform shot-by-shot.

One might ask how does a free floating barrel improve accuracy over a non-free floating barrel?
This will be a somewhat condensed overview and sort of general but it works a little like this. When things (for example the fore stock) are touching the barrel there are a few variables that can effect accuracy. There is external pressure applied to the barrel, barrel movement such as harmonics and vibrations and there is the heating and cooling of the barrel. The idea behind free floating a barrel is to try and control or eliminate the variables that will effect barrel accuracy. There has also been no shortage of "gizmos" over the years to control the variables that effect accuracy. The Browning barrel Boss comes to mind for controlling harmonics and there were several screw devices installed in the fore stock to apply a pressure point on the barrel.
So what we do is look at the variables that control or effect accuracy of the barrel and try to eliminate or minimize as many as possible. The lighter "pencil" barrels on sporting hunting rifles are more prone to the mentioned variables than the heavy long range target barrels but all barrels are effected. Barrel length also figures into the scheme in that shorter barrels are effected to a lesser extent than longer barrels. This does not even begin to cover the differences between bolt guns and semi-automatic gas operated guns. So it's all about improving accuracy.

So long story short, When a barrel is "free floating", it doesn't mean that you can give it a misalignment with barely touching it's tip. And fun fact number 2, this rifle can't really be "free floating", considering it uses a short stroke gas piston operating system.
This is how he justifies this fake barrel?! In fact if you think about it, it is probably one of the greatest con job in the history of weapons, considering they managed to fool the audience with this toy.
Now should i laugh?
Yeah, but if you watch the video again. I don't know about you but it's clear to me that he had to eject the magazine by a little force which means the receiver isn't designed properly.
You can actually, the connecting rod is clearly missing.
WS3bZ1w.jpg

wmY3wBr.jpg
N0vtMKj.jpg

What that picture suppose to mean?
lkB0Hu3.jpg

This rifle honestly looks like a decent starting design that needs some more refinement. It's a scar influenced rifle, nothing less and maybe a lot more.
Sure...

SCAR-H Trigger:
Yi4cmyt.jpg

Xo2EoXN.jpg

Comparing with this:
zFaSLsh.jpg

XzrJEfP.jpg

KFf6p1B.jpg

Here's AR-15 Grip:
jVaVcFM.jpg

AZjRcAB.jpg

ewynPQZ.jpg

CkTDK2w.jpg
li56lv6.jpg
tOQLp3D.jpg

Qba2NaY.jpg

nWR8YE7.jpg

Now if you guys can't tell the difference, Then i can't really do anything about it.

Nope :disagree:, Zolfaqar's grip is a cheap copy of AR-15 (Or SCAR) grip with poor ergonomics.

Still doesn't change the fact that it is poorly designed, which means the designer team had no idea what they were doing.

Still doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't use it in the first place (Unless if they want to use Zolfaqar as a sniper rifle), Probably they added offset iron sights to this mockup so it looks cool.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/foghorn/ask-foghorn-what-are-offset-iron-sights-for/

OMG:omghaha:, You guys don't know what free-floating barrel means. Read & learn:
A free-floating barrel is one in which the barrel and stock are designed to not touch at any point along the barrel's length. The barrel is attached to its receiver, which is attached to the stock, but the barrel "floats freely" without any contact with other gun parts, other than the rifle's sights. This minimizes the variance in possible mechanical pressure distortions of the barrel alignment, and allows vibration to occur at the natural frequency consistently and uniform shot-by-shot.

One might ask how does a free floating barrel improve accuracy over a non-free floating barrel?
This will be a somewhat condensed overview and sort of general but it works a little like this. When things (for example the fore stock) are touching the barrel there are a few variables that can effect accuracy. There is external pressure applied to the barrel, barrel movement such as harmonics and vibrations and there is the heating and cooling of the barrel. The idea behind free floating a barrel is to try and control or eliminate the variables that will effect barrel accuracy. There has also been no shortage of "gizmos" over the years to control the variables that effect accuracy. The Browning barrel Boss comes to mind for controlling harmonics and there were several screw devices installed in the fore stock to apply a pressure point on the barrel.
So what we do is look at the variables that control or effect accuracy of the barrel and try to eliminate or minimize as many as possible. The lighter "pencil" barrels on sporting hunting rifles are more prone to the mentioned variables than the heavy long range target barrels but all barrels are effected. Barrel length also figures into the scheme in that shorter barrels are effected to a lesser extent than longer barrels. This does not even begin to cover the differences between bolt guns and semi-automatic gas operated guns. So it's all about improving accuracy.

So long story short, When a barrel is "free floating", it doesn't mean that you can give it a misalignment with barely touching it's tip. And fun fact number 2, this rifle can't really be "free floating", considering it uses a short stroke gas piston operating system.

This is how he justifies this fake barrel?! In fact if you think about it, it is probably one of the greatest con job in the history of weapons, considering they managed to fool the audience with this toy.

Now should i laugh?

Yeah, but if you watch the video again. I don't know about you but it's clear to me that he had to eject the magazine by a little force which means the receiver isn't designed properly.

WS3bZ1w.jpg

wmY3wBr.jpg
N0vtMKj.jpg

lkB0Hu3.jpg

Sure...

Basically every thing about this rifle is not as good as what it's trying to imitate?

I'm sure given time they can improve the design of the rifle and they did say it was a prototype.

SCAR-H Trigger:
Yi4cmyt.jpg

Xo2EoXN.jpg

Comparing with this:
zFaSLsh.jpg

XzrJEfP.jpg

KFf6p1B.jpg

Here's AR-15 Grip:
jVaVcFM.jpg

AZjRcAB.jpg

ewynPQZ.jpg

CkTDK2w.jpg
li56lv6.jpg
tOQLp3D.jpg

Qba2NaY.jpg

nWR8YE7.jpg

Now should i laugh?

WS3bZ1w.jpg

wmY3wBr.jpg
N0vtMKj.jpg

lkB0Hu3.jpg

Sure...
My god,such a huge post and virtually all of it without any redeeming value what so ever,some people appear to have a lot of idle time on their hands it seems.
I especially like the part where you took the image that I posted,which I thought proved my point pretty well by the way,and stuck a couple of arrows on it,for what exact purpose I dont know as it doesnt alter the contents of the picture in any way or what it clearly shows ie the very clear similarity between the scar grip and the the zolfaqars which ironically is what your own arrows appear to be highlighting.What really cracked me up tho was you actually agreed with my point and I`ll quote you
Zolfaqar's grip is a cheap copy of AR-15 (Or SCAR) grip with poor ergonomics.
See?,that wasnt so hard now was it?,altho if the zolfaqars ergonomics are "poor" then doesnt that also follow that the ar15 and scars would be too then?,I think you might have a fair few people,not just me and amir,disputing you on that one,but thats just my opinion.
Actually I do and frankly I`m more than a little amazed that you felt the necessity to post not only the wiki link but in addition 2 separate videos as well as 15 lines too.However despite all that your only points seemed to be:
For a start I never claimed "that you can give it [the barrel] a misalignment with barely touching it's tip",you claimed that you saw this in the unveiling video,yet no matter how hard I studied the sequence in question I never saw any evidence of barrel deflection and as I in fact said in a previous post even a polymer barrel wouldnt deflect that much.
Now as for the "this rifle can't really be "free floating", considering it uses a short stroke gas piston operating system",well technically you`re right its not a true free float BUT Free float with gas-operated rifles has come to mean that the barrel is not influenced by any stresses applied to the fore-grip which could alter barrel harmonics,so there you have have it.
And let us not forget the "missing" connecting rod
the connecting rod is clearly missing.
Well basically I would think that the simple fact that you dont see any connecting rod is because......there isnt one!!,the piston itself just hits the carrier group back, and cycles the weapon,well thats how it works in the scar anyway and I see no reason why the zolfaqar doesnt work exactly the same way considering how many other features it has borrowed from the scar.
Now as for the magazines:
I would imagine these are simple good old magazine witness holes so at a quick glance one can get an idea of how much ammo one has left in ones clip,you often see them on the side or the rear of the mag tho a better solution would be to use a see-thru/translucent polymer window or for the entire mag itself.
And lastly:
Quite right BIG2 I couldnt agree more,well said.

Back
Top Bottom