What's new

New Iranian Rifle Zolfaqar !

Guys the Israeli dude is right, our own weapon exports found the same issues with this gun in Iranian military forum.
http://www.military.ir/forums/topic/30068-ماکت-ذوالفقار-،-از-ادعا-تا-واقعیت/
Raefipoor clearly explained in the video that for the sake of security, they didn't mount a real barrel on the rifle, so you have to wonder what the f@ck this guy is debating about when the presenter himself says the barrel isn't real! doesn't he understands the Persian, like our Zionist member here?!
(این دم خروس حکایت خیلی از کاربران به اصطلاح ایرانی هست که هر از گاهی از یه جایی بیرون میزنه)

also Raefipoor already explained that for saving the costs, the Plastic parts were 3D prints and not with industrial standards.

Last edited:
I really cannot say more than @Fafnir said, though I do feel the need to reiterate that the barrel is clearly stated as being fake for safety's sake and therefore pointing that out is moot.

i thought that was the name foe an iranian tank as well.
Same name for multiple systems?
Yes ...

because they dont have any other names !!!

american naming System (For Tanks/APCs):

M4A1 Sherman: named after General Wiliam T. Sherman

M3A3 Grant: Named after General Ulyses S. Grant

and ...

German Naming System:

Sd.Kfz : Sonder Kraft Fahr Zueg (Special Armoured Car)

SdKfz 151

Pz.KpfW : Panzer Kampf Wagen ( Armoured war Wagon)

Pz.KpfW VI ausf B. Koenig Tiger

KwK : Kampf wagen Kanone (War Wagon Cannon)

5cm KwK 37

PzH : Panzer Haubitze (Armoured Howitzer)

PzH 2000

That I would tend to doubt especially if they`re making the same dubious claims as our zionist friend,anyway an english trans would be nice as I wouldnt mind reading exactly what they claim is wrong with it.
There are several technical terms that i don't know their English equivalents so i really can't translate this for you, but the overall issues are the same as what is said here.
(این دم خروس حکایت خیلی از کاربران به اصطلاح ایرانی هست که هر از گاهی از یه جایی بیرون میزنه)
حالا ما شدیم دم خروس؟ شما اگر به مواردی که محمدسالم تو سایت میلیتاری مطرح کردن جوابی دارید برید تو میلیتاری مطرح کنید اگر هم ندارید بیخود ما رو دم خروس نکنید. وقتی ایجا ثبت نام کردم کسی به من نگفت که قراره اینجا تقیه کنیم یا دروغ بگیم

There are several technical terms that i don't know their English equivalents so i really can't translate this for you, but the overall issues are the same as what is said here.

حالا ما شدیم دم خروس؟ شما اگر به مواردی که محمدسالم تو سایت میلیتاری مطرح کردن جوابی دارید برید تو میلیتاری مطرح کنید اگر هم ندارید بیخود ما رو دم خروس نکنید. وقتی ایجا ثبت نام کردم کسی به من نگفت که قراره اینجا تقیه کنیم یا دروغ بگیم
he means third person not you!

My god,such a huge post and virtually all of it without any redeeming value what so ever,some people appear to have a lot of idle time on their hands it seems.
I especially like the part where you took the image that I posted,which I thought proved my point pretty well by the way,and stuck a couple of arrows on it,for what exact purpose I dont know as it doesnt alter the contents of the picture in any way or what it clearly shows ie the very clear similarity between the scar grip and the the zolfaqars which ironically is what your own arrows appear to be highlighting.What really cracked me up tho was you actually agreed with my point and I`ll quote you

See?,that wasnt so hard now was it?,altho if the zolfaqars ergonomics are "poor" then doesnt that also follow that the ar15 and scars would be too then?,I think you might have a fair few people,not just me and amir,disputing you on that one,but thats just my opinion.

Actually I do and frankly I`m more than a little amazed that you felt the necessity to post not only the wiki link but in addition 2 separate videos as well as 15 lines too.However despite all that your only points seemed to be:

For a start I never claimed "that you can give it [the barrel] a misalignment with barely touching it's tip",you claimed that you saw this in the unveiling video,yet no matter how hard I studied the sequence in question I never saw any evidence of barrel deflection and as I in fact said in a previous post even a polymer barrel wouldnt deflect that much.
Now as for the "this rifle can't really be "free floating", considering it uses a short stroke gas piston operating system",well technically you`re right its not a true free float BUT Free float with gas-operated rifles has come to mean that the barrel is not influenced by any stresses applied to the fore-grip which could alter barrel harmonics,so there you have have it.
And let us not forget the "missing" connecting rod

Well basically I would think that the simple fact that you dont see any connecting rod is because......there isnt one!!,the piston itself just hits the carrier group back, and cycles the weapon,well thats how it works in the scar anyway and I see no reason why the zolfaqar doesnt work exactly the same way considering how many other features it has borrowed from the scar.
Now as for the magazines:

I would imagine these are simple good old magazine witness holes so at a quick glance one can get an idea of how much ammo one has left in ones clip,you often see them on the side or the rear of the mag tho a better solution would be to use a see-thru/translucent polymer window or for the entire mag itself.
And lastly:

Quite right BIG2 I couldnt agree more,well said.
Well basically I would think that what you're doing is denying the obvious, Also it's clear to me that your knowledge of guns is near zero.

To goal of the Zolfaghar would be to produce are affordable modern assault rifle. This prototype is the basis.

Whether the trigger is how you like it on a israeli shooting range, doesn't matter. What matters is if the manage to produce a final, reliable version of this rifle for 300$ a piece. A variant with a trigger up to your taste and all the other extras would make the weapon 3-4 times more expense, then you got a SCAR copy...
A military with more than a million soldiers (incl. Basij) needs to be equipped with a light, accurate and low recoil 7.62mm AR.

To goal of the Zolfaghar would be to produce are affordable modern assault rifle. This prototype is the basis.

Whether the trigger is how you like it on a israeli shooting range, doesn't matter. What matters is if the manage to produce a final, reliable version of this rifle for 300$ a piece. A variant with a trigger up to your taste and all the other extras would make the weapon 3-4 times more expense, then you got a SCAR copy...
A military with more than a million soldiers (incl. Basij) needs to be equipped with a light, accurate and low recoil 7.62mm AR.
the goal is to get some money and fill a useless resume for gaining higher rank ...

Back
Top Bottom