What's new

New Iranian air launched cruise missile

@Kaan , what does the word SAN mean in Turkish. It is added to the names of Turkish Defence Sector firms like " Roketsan " or "Aselsan" and others....

Sanayi means industry so san is most likely used in the names of companies to indicate industry.

@Sinan

Okay I get it. It is like in USA we have Companies that are Corporations and they use the word " Inc " after their name to show that they are Corporations. German Corporations us " AG " after their name.

Okay I get it. It is like in USA we have Companies that are Corporations and they use the word " Inc " after their name to show that they are Corporations. German Corporations us " AG " after their name.
No, ''SAN'' is the short version of ''Sanayi'' which means ''Industry''
The Turkish variant of ''Inc''. or ''AG'' is ''A.Ş.'' the short version of ''Anonim Şirket''

Those are specific examples. Does the c-802 have such wings, what about the harpoon?

061111_Misil%20c-802.JPG

Also, they said it's a cruise missile. Why would a rocket powered AGM need air duct?

Who said Harpoon is a cruise missile ? You are detroying all military terms dude. Integration of a guided missile under the wing of an aircraft doesn't make it a cruise missile. It requires different design/navigation technics to classify as like that. I think It is only Iranian officials calling a standart one as cruise missile and 2000tonnes corvette as destroyer...etc.

Harpoon anti-ship missile
harpn01.jpg

Land attack stand off variant of Harpoon missile with side wings called Slam-Er which can be classified as cruise missile cause of using law of different navigation/cruising methods different than a standart Anti-ship or Maveric like air launchable missiles.
tuaf-slamer1.jpg

Last edited:
Who said Harpoon is a cruise missile ? You are detroying all military terms dude. Integration of a guided missile under the wing of an aircraft doesn't make it a cruise missile. It requires different design/navigation technics to classify as like that. I think It is only Iranian officials calling a standart one as cruise missile and 2000tonnes corvette as destroyer...etc.

harpn01.jpg

Land attack stand off variant of Harpoon missile with side wings called Slam-Er which can be classified as cruise missile cause of using law of different navigation/cruising methods different than a standart Anti-ship or Maveric like air launchable missiles.
tuaf-slamer1.jpg
Does Karrar fill your definition of a cruise missile ?
and by the definition all antiship missiles are considered cruise missiles .

harpn01.jpg

tuaf-slamer1.jpg
Karrar.PNG

Last edited:

Karrar.PNG

As far as I know, Karrar is a jet powered targetting drone like Turkish equivalent Simsek.

taisimsek.png

How did this guy become a think tank? According to you, c-802 is not a cruise missile? According to "Turkish physics"?
I am sure you have been made aware that there is no such thing in Iranian terminology as "destroyer", there is only "nav shekan" which can translated to destroyer, corvette etc etc. But of course you are playing ignorant here to troll ;)
Anyway, stop polluting this thread with your trash. I am sure you know more than the engineers in Iran who made this and they don't know if this is a cruise or not but you know :disagree:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom