What's new

New humility for India

Hmm Quoting from the same article

Pakistan has used a long-running territorial dispute over Kashmir as a reason to launch wars. It also exports terrorism to India, sometimes with the connivance of parts of the Pakistani state

Stop exporting terror and we can have business

We like to import everything other than terror & illegal Migrants.

Nepal / Bhutan / Maldives - Indian allies [I don't know why Nepal is classed as Anti-Indian? They are the most pro-Indian country on the earth in fact so pro-India some people are pissed off with this.]

Sri Lanka / Bangladesh - Not allies but still friendly country. [I know Chinese influence and blah blah blah but that doesn't mean they're anti-Indian.]

China - Neither a friendly country nor an enemy. Neutral relations but definitely a compititor.

Pakistan - Pakistan you can say we have worst relations with but they are improving as well.

I think now we are doing well with Bangaldesh & Srilanka...need to be very cautious about the relationships and should build it. No such peace keeping blunders more...
We recently had Srilankan PM saying that India has started training LTTE again in TN. That is definitely a not doing well with Srilanka.
I sincerely hope that we are not training any militant group against any country.

Funny how easily India is accused of having unpleasant neighborhood when both Pakistan and China are virtually at war with their entire neighborhood.

Pakistan

-problems with Afghanistan
-problems with India
-sunni radical groups attacking Iran from inside Pakistani territory

This leaves only a couple of CAR states that are Russian property.

China

Problems with:

-India
-Japan
-South Korea
-Vietnam
-Indonesia
-Malaysia
-Brunei
-Philippines

The same final point as Pakistan's.

And someone says that India has problems with its entire neighborhood. :lol:

We recently had Srilankan PM saying that India has started training LTTE again in TN. That is definitely a not doing well with Srilanka.
I sincerely hope that we are not training any militant group against any country.

SL's sinhala radicals have a tendency to keep the "we-will-go-with-China-if-you-don't-listen-to-us" threat on. Technically we should give it a rat's tail since it has already been anti-India since quite long time. We've dealt with a very hostile neighborhood at times when we were a basket case of Asia decades ago. You think we can't deal with that now?

Come on mate.. We don't have a hostile policy; but if others want to play it rough, we shall gladly oblige. As such we have a spineless, votebank and corrupt government right now who begs everyone from its votebanks to our neighbors for their mistakes. We don't need more weakling attitude if e have to become a strong nation.

New Humility? Now I know why I don't read "the Economist". Perhaps the name gave away the "clue".

Funny how easily India is accused of having unpleasant neighborhood when both Pakistan and China are virtually at war with their entire neighborhood.

Pakistan

-problems with Afghanistan
-problems with India
-sunni radical groups attacking Iran from inside Pakistani territory

This leaves only a couple of CAR states that are Russian property.

China

Problems with:

-India
-Japan
-South Korea
-Vietnam
-Indonesia
-Malaysia
-Brunei
-Philippines

The same final point as Pakistan's.

And someone says that India has problems with its entire neighborhood. :lol:

New Humility, Hegemon, not sharing "economic dynamism" with neighbors...Perhaps "The Economist" should stick to writing something about economy!

New Humility? Now I know why I don't read "the Economist". Perhaps the name gave away the "clue".

New Humility, Hegemon, not sharing "economic dynamism" with neighbors...Perhaps "The Economist" should stick to writing something about economy!

Actually, please don't jump to conclusions.

The reason for that excellent article by The Economist is to indicate that "Too slowly, India is realising that poor relations with its South Asian neighbours hold back its global ambitions". Good and pertinent advice, if taken the right way, is only good for India.

A seat at the Big Boy's Table is waiting for India, but will it have the foresight to do what it takes to get there? That is the bigger question.

Actually, please don't jump to conclusions.

The reason for that excellent article by The Economist is to indicate that "Too slowly, India is realising that poor relations with its South Asian neighbours hold back its global ambitions". Good and pertinent advice, if taken the right way, is only good for India.

A seat at the Big Boy's Table is waiting for India, but will it have the foresight to do what it takes to get there? That is the bigger question.

Obliviously the article is nonsense. See how...This is not "new humility" ofcourse. We had trouble with Pakistan, Bangladesh...for long time. And ofcourse China has managed to extend it's influence without worrying about India, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Philippines...

Big Boy's table? Is this the one from Frisch's? I understand that there are lot of geriatric Indian politicians with grand delusions but I am pretty sure Indian can get by without Bangladesh and UNSC permanent seat. What is truly ailing India is this thinking that UNSC permanent actually has any meaning but I am not the one making policies.

Pakistan cannot be trusted. Its unstable and not in our interests to share our economic prosperity with them. Its best we stay neutral and not try to get "closer".

What are you doing on a Pakistani Defence based forum if Pakistanis cannot be trusted?
Economic prosperity? You mean hungry Indian kids begging on the streets? :lol:
Hmm, average life standards are better in Pakistan then they are in India.
There was a report on that aswell.

So...please do me a favor and take your elitist attitude elsewhere.

What are you doing on a Pakistani Defence based forum if Pakistanis cannot be trusted?
Economic prosperity? You mean hungry Indian kids begging on the streets? :lol:
Hmm, average life standards are better in Pakistan then they are in India.
There was a report on that aswell.

So...please do me a favor and take your elitist attitude elsewhere.

India ranks 119 in the HDI scale while Pakistan ranks 125. The only one with the elitist attitude is you. Both are abysmal if you ask me.

International Human Development Indicators - UNDP

International Human Development Indicators - UNDP

pakistan is facing war and massive destruction in the form of drone attacks etc we now have to deploy 101,000 soldiers in the western border let alone the east, is india facing any such situation??

I didn't ask you for excuses. I could do the same.

Back
Top Bottom