What's new

New Female Pakistani Hero for Marvel Comics

Should Marvel Comics ask for Malala's permission for using and twisting her name for this comic?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Why Malala's consent is needed? give your reasons

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your paranoid responses have nothing to do with this thread.

Your Indian member was hell bent upon hurling frustrated responses like you did

killing of unborn baby girls pose a bigger question to Indians than what is happening in Pakistan.

anyway that is not the subject of discussion.

Your silly accusation that Indians are somehow trying to usurp credit deserves the same. Most superhero(including both Marvel and DC) comic books in circulation here already have Indian identities. We certainly don't need any crappy association with Pakistan to highlight as some credit. After all, it looks like Kamala's superpower would be to peddle the Koran and Pakistan to unsuspecting teens:

The new Ms. Marvel series is mainly the work of two women: G. Willow Wilson, a convert to Islam who created the character, and Sana Amanat who edits it.

Here's how Wilson describes the main character of the comic: "Islam is both an essential part of her identity and something she struggles mightily with.

https://defence.pk/threads/marvel-entertainment-to-launch-pakistani-american-girl-superhero.286356/

Your silly accusation that Indians are somehow trying to usurp credit deserves the same. Most superhero(including both Marvel and DC) comic books in circulation here already have Indian identities. We certainly don't need any crappy association with Pakistan to highlight as some credit. After all, it looks like Kamala's superpower would be to peddle the Koran and Pakistan to unsuspecting teens:

https://defence.pk/threads/marvel-entertainment-to-launch-pakistani-american-girl-superhero.286356/

Your assumption is silliest. read the entire thread before commenting.

Your Indian member was shaming even the sane Indian posters by going off topic rants.

Kamla is surely Malala's story. Your Indian member was claiming and at the same time whining that they are using a Hindu girl's name. So I said its ok if he thinks he can take credit for it we don't have an issue.

NOW lay off and read before commenting.

Your assumption is silliest. read the entire thread before commenting.

Your Indian member was shaming even the sane Indian posters by going off topic rants.

Kamla is surely Malala's story. Your Indian member was claiming and at the same time whining that they are using a Hindu girl's name. So I said its ok if he thinks he can take credit for it we don't have an issue.

NOW lay off and read before commenting.

I assume you comprehend plain English? We don't need the imaginary credit that you bestow on us, not for the name or anything else.

Besides, comic books that peddle agendas usually have a short shelf life. We will see Kamala Khan hanging out with the raddiwalas soon enough.

And yes, do read before commenting.

I assume you comprehend plain English? We don't need the imaginary credit that you bestow on us, not for the name or anything else.

Besides, comic books that peddle agendas usually have a short shelf life. We will see Kamala Khan hanging out with the raddiwalas soon enough.

And yes, do read before commenting.

Thank you if so you should have stayed on topic instead of poking your nose into something that has nothing to do with word hindu.

woohoo another positive news superheros are the good guys so its only a positive for pakistanis .I am big comic book geek so I give this a thumbs up . btw she is not the first faiza hussain from captain Britan/mi-13 is also a hijabi pakistani woman she is a doctor/wielder of Excalibur and a total badass

891283-cbmi13_15_019_1280_minutemen_dts_n_tyler.jpg

and dust is a muslim afghan x-men member....

250px-DustProfile.jpg

dust-hellions2.jpg

thunderbird was indian hindu he was pretty cool too

Thunderbird3.jpg

marvel is pretty good when it comes to diversity....

what can we say, indians are making a movie, without her consent and cashing in on her, so what good does it make if the americans follow up on it too, all those intellectual & trademark rights go down the drain.....

btw i don't think it will be that much of a hit - fter all its a Muslim super hero that too inUS-----godd luck with that
what trademark? People dont have trademark, do they?

Seems like Kamala = Malala!! BTW Kamala is also a Hindu name isn't it?? Like in Kamla Bai!!

Both have different meanings.. and dont even read the same..... unless ur indian... cause with ur accents its "different" to pronounce... 
Jana ji, Kamala is a Muslim name?

Next I will find out that Savita is also Muslim name (Indian cartoon character). :astagh:

No savita is entirely vegic type of a name...

205frz7.jpg

woohoo another positive news superheros are the good guys so its only a positive for pakistanis .I am big comic book geek so I give this a thumbs up . btw she is not the first faiza hussain from captain Britan/mi-13 is also a hijabi pakistani woman she is a doctor/wielder of Excalibur and a total badass

891283-cbmi13_15_019_1280_minutemen_dts_n_tyler.jpg

and dust is a muslim afghan x-men member....

250px-DustProfile.jpg

dust-hellions2.jpg

thunderbird was indian hindu he was pretty cool too

Thunderbird3.jpg

marvel is pretty good when it comes to diversity....

The afghani chick is kinda those japanese mangas.. :lol:

Last edited:
solstice from DC/Teen titans is indian dunno what religion she is maybe sikh.Though her pre-52 look was better.

solstice___legacy_by_jamiefayx-d50ipes.jpg

:D cause we daily see numerous @$$holes passing by and hurling remarks
so you are telling me that there is no attraction from your side.
Like the red colour in your signature. And guys have tendency to do opposite of what they are told. :rolleyes1:

what can we say, indians are making a movie, without her consent and cashing in on her, so what good does it make if the americans follow up on it too, all those intellectual & trademark rights go down the drain.....

btw i don't think it will be that much of a hit - fter all its a Muslim super hero that too inUS-----godd luck with that

The writer is also a Muslim American

G. Willow Wilson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pu4xWDY.jpg

Jana ji, Kamala is a Muslim name?

Next I will find out that Savita is also Muslim name (Indian cartoon character). :astagh:

A hindu named Ram can convert to Islam and keep his name, names are a non issue sirjee.

so you are telling me that there is no attraction from your side.
Like the red colour in your signature. And guys have tendency to do opposite of what they are told. :rolleyes1:

Yeh even when abused. They love it and stare more

A hindu named Ram can convert to Islam and keep his name, names are a non issue sirjee.

Sirji when non-Muslim girls are made to convert in a ritual before marriage to a Muslim man, they are given Muslim names sirji. I know for fact. They continue to use their original names after that sure (its not easy being called something different after 20-25 years) but still their official name change is done in marriage registry.

Sirji when non-Muslim girls are made to convert in a ritual before marriage to a Muslim man, they are given Muslim names sirji. I know for fact. They continue to use their original names after that sure (its not easy being called something different after 20-25 years) but still their official name change is done in marriage registry.

What do you mean by made to convert?

Back
Top Bottom