What's new

Ms Marvel’s wedding sequence features Don, Dil Bole Hadippa songs, fans can’t believe they ‘got a desi wedding in MCU’

I dislike seeing Asians in American movies. A few are ok, but not otherwise. Only whites, blacks and hispanics for me, otherwise it does not feel like an American movie.

Quantum field Theory

This wedding dance is not Pakistani culture, this is bollywood culture adopted by some people with no shame.
mate now it has become part of the culture, whether we like it or not
Dance was always a part of our weddings though but it was segregated with women folks singing etc and folk songs not Bollywood shit- so that's alright, this is culture

Majority still do it but the beghairati of some is next level and is embarrassing to see

You'll get videos with millions of views with same shit
This is from quick 10 seconds search

So it exists..., urban weddings I have attended are slowly going down that route (not all but a good chunk) of the above video while rural weddings are same as before just with more celebratory gunfire

One needs to calm down with cringe shit other with celebratory gunfire

Last edited:
Genuine question

In the show it seems that people who migrated from India (non Punjabi) still have some kind of affinity toward Indian culture from their province (if not toward India the country). Is this true?

And if yes, does this create a kind of schism between Pakistanis who are from non immigrant backgrounds - like Punjabi and Sindhi people?
my family are muhajirs from indian punjab but no we dont have any affinity for that place or that culture! this affinity used to be a big thing in the 70s,80s perhaps not now......

This wedding dance is not Pakistani culture, this is bollywood culture adopted by some people with no shame.

What is your exact objection ? The showoff celebration ? Or the females dancing there ?

One needs to calm down with cringe shit other with celebratory gunfire

Those who do celebratory gunfire in weddings etc should be jailed. Do they think they become brave by displaying guns and firing them at weddings ? If they are so brave then they should raid Lal Masjid etc. Are they up to the task ?

Majority still do it but the beghairati of some is next level and is embarrassing to see

What is this "Ghairat" that some PDF Pakistanis speak of regularly ?

What is your exact objection ? The showoff celebration ? Or the females dancing there ?

Those who do celebratory gunfire in weddings etc should be jailed. Do they think they become brave by displaying guns and firing them at weddings ? If they are so brave then they should raid Lal Masjid etc. Are they up to the task ?
Rural weddings
What is this "Ghairat" that some PDF Pakistanis speak of regularly ?
Dancing to songs of people who want to kill you is definition of beghairati
They should be shamed and walked around the street butt naked while the crowd throws garbage at them

Dancing is our culture since ancient times but ofcourse with segregation of genders atleast in olden times

Last edited:
Racist MCU fans are review bombing it on IMDB and other places.
link pls... i will join the Melee and Eff them up

Loosen up Pakistani boys... Wedding is celebration, let there be one time non segregation fun... Live it up, life is tough anyways.

Genuine question

In the show it seems that people who migrated from India (non Punjabi) still have some kind of affinity toward Indian culture from their province (if not toward India the country). Is this true?

And if yes, does this create a kind of schism between Pakistanis who are from non immigrant backgrounds - like Punjabi and Sindhi people?

Depends. Some people left family behind, they have greater ties, human ties always matter more than land. However the tie to ancestory matters to some people too. I saw a video of a Indian Sikh visiting Pakistani Punjab, he went to his grandfathers village, this guys parents were likely born and raised in India too - yet he had tears in his eyes and kissed the land he considered his grandfathers home. It's emotive for some people, not so much for others.

Also some people migrated through choice, others were forced out through violence, so they'll have different stories and feelings too. A lot of it will depend on the community they had previously too. My grandparents migrated from IOK to AJK. They talked fondly of the lands they had, where they had easier lives because they had large farms. They talked about how nearly everyone in the village was a relative, and how people were close before they were scattered over AJK/Punjab as refugees.

At the same time, it wasn't very multi-cultural in our village. My grandmothers childhood village was multicultural, she recalls having hindu neighbours, she knows about sikh and hindu festivals, but she also tells of how she lifted the lid of her hindu neighbours pot to see what they were cooking and they had to re-bless the pot. Who knows what the details were - she was a child.

Genuine question

Punjabis are probably the most favourable but thats only because Punjab was split and some of it given to India. They dont really have any affinity with other Indian ethncities in my experience.

Muhajirs dislike India, more so than many other groups in Pakistan; maybe because they had to uproot their entire family to move here or maybe because of partition violence. They still hold onto their culture and history but that doesnt make them Indian in any way.

View attachment 860052
Every Pakistani family doesn't have partition story. Only Punjab was partitioned and those who came to Pakistani Punjab from Indian side in 1947 are not more than 20 percent of Punjab's population
this partition nostalgia is totally an indian rhetoric to somehow perennially link Pakistan to india , a lost part than will eventually come back , nothing irks me more than such stuff.

Genuine question

I personally know some people who migrated from non-Punjab areas and live in non-Punjab areas of Pakistan and to this day they do have family relatives in India and Pakistan and even to my surprise, they do also have marriage exchanges (I mean even for a Pakistani like me it was a bit shocker).

View attachment 860052
Every Pakistani family doesn't have partition story. Only Punjab was partitioned and those who came to Pakistani Punjab from Indian side in 1947 are not more than 20 percent of Punjab's population
A huge number of Muslims also migrated from UP, Delhi and many other regions of India to West Pakistan.

Loosen up Pakistani boys... Wedding is celebration, let there be one time non segregation fun... Live it up, life is tough anyways.

Back
Top Bottom